Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 10-08-2009, 04:36 PM   #1
matt787

Drives: 2LT RS M6 CGM IO interior!
bumper scratch I'm an idiot!

Reposting this thread here...
Well, have had my CGM 2LT #42743 for about 2 weeks and yesterday I'm pulling up against a curb at an angled parking space and misjudged my distance. Brushed curb and scuffed the underside portion of bumper cover, about 3 inch square I know... stupid but anyone know any possible way to make it look any better? I'm sure there's not a lot you can do for cheap, but just wondering. It's just a few scratches into the plastic and not real easy to see, but you can see it. I feel like a dumbass!! At least I'm not saying I let someone borrow it and that's how it happened! I know I need a pic but don't have a way to upload it now... thanks everyone
matt787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:29 PM   #2
Wyld Irish

Drives: CGM 2010 SS/RS Manual
Not knowing for sure how big the scratches are. This may not work for you .. but this is what I did.

I had to fix a small (about 1/4 inch) scratch in my passenger side door. Where the bottom of someone elses door dug into my paint. It was all the way to the base metal.

I found this site: www.automotivetouchup.com The already have 2010 Camaro in the drop down box and can match any of the factory paint colors. Got the base and the clear coat touch-up pen for around $25.00 which includes shipping.

It took about 5 base coat applications before the scratch was totally filled in. (I also went really slow and waited at least an hour between each base coat) But I can barely see it now. (of course I'll be able to see if for the rest of my life .. as i suspect you will) But I think it came out really well.

I don't think I would suggest this for a large scratch ... but if it's a small one I'd say give it a try.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:08 PM   #3
CamaroDreams07
Black Belt Shinemaster

Drives: Shinier than yours
a 3 inch square? Thats a toughie. I wouldn't think anything less than new paint would do much. I guess you could try to put on some touch up paint..since it's the bottom of the bumper nobody's gonna look at it too closely.
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:11 PM   #4
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
Cyber grey would be tough to match, so..... bodyshop unless you can live with it.

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:52 PM   #5
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Sent you a PM bud!

Ed
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote