Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

autoguy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Old 10-09-2009, 05:26 PM   #1
dsvcustoms

Drives: 2010 Camaro
DSV Customs Real Carbon Fiber 4 Gauge Pack Finished!!! (Pictures Inside)

Hello,

We just finished this 4 gauge pack for a car that is going to be in SEMA. Here are some pictures of the gauge pack and an automatic shift knob done in real carbon fiber.

Gerardo
www.dsvcustoms.com

dsvcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 05:28 PM   #2
svtjackal
in love with Olivia now.

Drives: 2010 SIM camaro-2001 svt Lightning
awesome, don't have my car yet but I want

Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin Camaro Owners check out www.chicago5thgen.com
svtjackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 05:31 PM   #3
purplhaizcraz3

Drives: 2010 2LT CHEVY CAMARO BABY!!!!
how can i buy n how much $$$?!?!?
purplhaizcraz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 05:31 PM   #4
Mod007

Drives: Camaro SS/RS
O no there's no numbers on it, how am I going to know what gear I'm in???

JK, Looks Bad A$$
Old 10-09-2009, 05:33 PM   #5
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
So, when can we expect ours?
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 05:41 PM   #6
jach

Drives: camaro
very nice, is it overlay?
jach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 06:12 PM   #7
dsvcustoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by jach View Post
very nice, is it overlay?
It is laminated over the OEM parts.

Gerardo
Old 10-09-2009, 07:39 PM   #8
Bungalowbandit

Drives: 2010 black 2ss/rs camaro
How much
Bungalowbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 01:11 AM   #9
KIMBERSSGIRL1
2010 RS/SS Camaro Owner!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Very very nice! I wonder if this will fit the GM accesory guage pack as well when it comes out some Century in the future!
Old 10-10-2009, 02:32 AM   #10
JDBeck23

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2SS/RS
the accessory 4 pack gauges will be identical to the above 4 pack

2010 2SS/RS CGM
American Racing Headers, Magnaflow axle back, Roto-Fab CAI, Audio Integrations Sub box, Alpine Type R 10, Alpine MRP-500 amp, Pro Clips iPhone Mount
JDBeck23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 09:10 PM   #11
King T

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2011 Buick Regal Turbo
I like it!
King T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 09:14 PM   #12
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Really Nice Gerardo!!

Top quality stuff!
Old 10-10-2009, 09:17 PM   #13
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN

Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
You guys are going to have to stop. I keep putting your stuff on this list, and over half of it is DSV Customs carbon fiber. You are going to do some serious damage to my bank account. I'm starting to worry that I'll spend more on your stuff than I will on the rest of the car plus the performance parts that I want to install. If you produce anything else, I may be forced to purchase it when I get my car, so stop!
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:21 PM   #14
carbonworks

Drives: 2010 SS Southeast Carbon Works
Overlay is not real , real is 100% real what are the prices on this stuff could not see any on your website ?
carbonworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:43 PM   #15
dsvcustoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonworks View Post
Overlay is not real , real is 100% real what are the prices on this stuff could not see any on your website ?

An overlay part, is when you purchase precut pieces of real carbon fiber which have some type of adhesive backing, usually the peel and stick variety. There are many companies out there that sell these type of pieces. When installed on a car, it is very easy to distinguish them from REAL carbon fiber laminated parts, because you will always be able to see the edges of the pieces because they are exactly what the name implies-an Overlay.

This particular part which you are referring to is an OEM part which has been laminated with REAL carbon fiber; it is not a gimpy peel and stick overlay. Lamination of a part is a multistep process. First the part is sanded down in order to provide a better surface to adhere the carbon fiber cloth. Next, the part is put thru a special vacuum process during which a resin/catalyst mixture is infussed into the Carbon fiber weave so that it molds onto the part in one single piece. After it comes out of the vacuum process, additional multiple coats of resin are applied to the part (this is what will eventually give it the beautiful depth and 3D effect that can only be achieved with Real carbon fiber). Next, the excess carbon fiber cloth is trimmed from around the edges of the piece. After trimming, the entire part is sanded multiple times, using progressively finer grit sand paper. Top-of- the-line (sikkens) clear coat is sprayed on the part. After drying for a day, the part is again sanded in preparation of the final step. The final step is to buff the part to a high luster.

As you all know we also offer parts done in Hydrocarbon. This is a much less complicated process than doing parts in real carbon fiber or real carbon fiber lamination. Decorating a piece in hydrocarbon takes a fraction of the time than it takes to do it in the REAL stuff. The process is much more simple and economical, that is why we can offer parts in hydrocarbon for a much lower cost vs REAL carbon fiber. The process basically consists of the following, the part is sanded down and the desired base color is applied (this is why you can choose from different colors). A piece of water soluble film with the desired pattern is then floated on the surface of a tank of water and a special activator is sprayed which will cause the film to liquify, leaving the pattern floating on the surface of the water. After waiting 45 seconds for the activator to work on the film, the part is submerged into the tank and hydrostatic pressure will cause the ink to adhere and conform to shape of the part. The part is part is then rinsed clean before clear coat is applied to it and buffed to a shine. Bingo, you now have hydrocarbon.

To give you an idea of the cost, one square yard of film costs about $2.10 vs about $45.00 a yard of Real Carbon fiber cloth. Feel free to contact us for all of your real carbon fiber or hydrocarbon items as we do offer both products. Forum rules do not allow us to post pricing, but we will be match or beat any competitors price for any similar product. Look for us at the SEMA show in Las Vegas next month (booth 10964) We will have on display Real Carbon fiber parts, hydrocarbon parts, painted, and leather parts.

Gerardo
www.dsvcustoms

Here are some pictures of the clear difference between hydrocarbon and real carbon fiber. As you can see hydrocarbon looks nice but the real carbon fiber is a different league all together.

Hydrocarbon:

Real Carbon Fiber:

Last edited by dsvcustoms; 10-11-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:33 AM   #16
Atomic Autosports

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey SS/RS LS3
Geraldo as always your products are top shelve....the best in the biz, beautiful.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:36 AM   #17
Atomic Autosports

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonworks View Post
You dont know DSV products do you? Look at his products from carbon to leather there is nobody that can match his quality. I have his products on my car and know many in the Corvette community who have been buying from Geraldo DSV for many years. He is second to none....
Old 10-12-2009, 08:20 PM   #18
Blu Beast
Third Chrome Wheel

Drives: 2010 IBM SS
Damn!, thats some good looking stuff!!
Blu Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 06:39 PM   #19
5thGen

Drives: Black 2LT/RS, jeep Wrangler
so how much ?
5thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:04 PM   #20
khislop007
ZEUSS

Drives: Hard!
Will you guys be making the trim around the 4 pack gauges as well as the trim around the instrument cluster?
Old 10-14-2009, 09:18 PM   #21
dsvcustoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by khislop007 View Post
Will you guys be making the trim around the 4 pack gauges as well as the trim around the instrument cluster?
We are almost finished with the first instrument cluster, it should be done in a couple of days. What trim are you referring to?

Gerardo
Old 10-14-2009, 11:30 PM   #22
khislop007
ZEUSS

Drives: Hard!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvcustoms View Post
We are almost finished with the first instrument cluster, it should be done in a couple of days. What trim are you referring to?

Gerardo
I'm talking about the trim around the gauges
Attached Images

Old 10-15-2009, 09:42 AM   #23
Scooterlee

Drives: 2LT/RS M6 RY
Hot!
Thank you DSV for making these smokin hot interior goodies, but can I make a suggestion? There are many DSV thread on this board with different new products, can you put it all in one thread for easier follow up? (with pictures of course.)
Scooterlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:43 PM   #24
Watchamacoolitt
KJ

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS,MT6 sunroof
Send a message via AIM to Watchamacoolitt
Hey Gerardo are you guys still working on the ABL for the door panels?