Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
HAVOC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion Come chat about other cars.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2009, 03:53 AM   #1
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended
 
Drives: BMW 6 series Vert
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Right Here
Posts: 978
FORD to reveal 2011 Mustang Drivetrains in LA Autoshow

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/10/09/f...l-a-auto-show/



Wonder who is gonna be disappointed.
All-Or-Nothing is offline  
Old 10-10-2009, 04:58 AM   #2
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast
 
Supermans's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Miami
Posts: 4,757
Well the GT500 definitely looks a lot better than the regular GT. I would say I like it as much as the Camaro design. However I cannot afford $45,000- $50,000.
__________________
Bought my Camaro from Eric Hall(817) 421-7266
Supermans is offline  
Old 10-10-2009, 05:04 AM   #3
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended
 
Drives: BMW 6 series Vert
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Right Here
Posts: 978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Well the GT500 definitely looks a lot better than the regular GT. I would say I like it as much as the Camaro design. However I cannot afford $45,000- $50,000.
I have to agree with you. The look of the GT500 is WAAAAAYY nicer than a stock GT.
All-Or-Nothing is offline  
Old 10-10-2009, 05:59 AM   #4
comiskeybum
Banned
 
Drives: 2010 Chevy Equinox LS
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: South Bend, Indiana
Posts: 800
why would anyone be dissapointed? all reports are saying that the numbers we've been expecting are what we are getting
comiskeybum is offline  
Old 10-10-2009, 06:11 AM   #5
Thrillz


 
Thrillz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Charger R/T / 2012 Dodge Ram
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,535
All they need to do now is change the rear end design and they will be golden. Cant say this enough man its brutal.


Name:  2010mustangfd_11.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  216.4 KB
Thrillz is offline  
Old 10-10-2009, 06:18 AM   #6
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended
 
Drives: BMW 6 series Vert
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Right Here
Posts: 978
Quote:
Originally Posted by comiskeybum View Post
why would anyone be dissapointed? all reports are saying that the numbers we've been expecting are what we are getting

That's if the numbers are correct. I'm assuming they will be but if not I would be disappointed. Plus if they are correct some Camaro owner somewhere will be disappointed his new SS will be back in 2nd place again.
All-Or-Nothing is offline  
Old 10-10-2009, 07:09 AM   #7
omegaman
 
omegaman's Avatar
 
Drives: very poorly
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Glendale, Arizona
Posts: 504
Send a message via AIM to omegaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillz View Post
All they need to do now is change the rear end design and they will be golden. Cant say this enough man its brutal.


Attachment 62081

Yes, the back end of the GT500 is a yawner. The GT500 rear reminds me of my parent's old 1977 Maverick.

You would think the designers would put at least some style in the back end of the GT500?
Attached Images
 
__________________
2013 Camaro ZL1, Crystal Red, Auto, Exposed Carbon Fiber, Navigation.
omegaman is offline  
Old 10-10-2009, 07:11 AM   #8
ckaram

 
ckaram's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS RS, 1968 ragtop
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Or-Nothing View Post
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/10/09/f...l-a-auto-show/



Wonder who is gonna be disappointed.
Trying to feed the Ford vs. Chevy monster again?

You know how it works, the companies trump each other year to year. 2010 goes to Chevy, 2011 maybe Ford, c'mon no one really loses...
__________________
1968 Camaro convertible, LS1 & T56, Texas Speed 228R cam, 3.42 posi, 17" Torque Thrusts
2011 2SS/RS, LS3, M6, IOM in and out, factory Hurst short throw, GMPP axleback exhaust
ckaram is offline  
Old 10-10-2009, 08:09 AM   #9
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended
 
Drives: BMW 6 series Vert
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Right Here
Posts: 978
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckaram View Post
Trying to feed the Ford vs. Chevy monster again?

...
I would never do that...
All-Or-Nothing is offline  
Old 10-10-2009, 08:29 AM   #10
StangKiller-SS

 
Drives: GM products
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 1,622
Ehhh, the 2010 Mustang is the same car as the 2005 just uglier. I still think the new Ford 5.0 will lack torque in the end. That was always the killer on the Stangs. They produced as much HP as the LS1 FBodies but the FBodies had more torque which made them the faster car that would beat a Mustang stock 10 out of 10 times. Ford's alway's been second place when it comes to performance and the only reason they are coming out with the new 5.0 is because the Chevy stole the Mustang's thunder with the new Camaro and two because as usual the Camaro beats the crap out of the same model year Mustang. Ford has always lost the performance battle period.
StangKiller-SS is offline  
Old 10-10-2009, 08:36 AM   #11
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended
 
Drives: BMW 6 series Vert
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Right Here
Posts: 978
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangKiller-SS View Post
Ehhh, the 2010 Mustang is the same car as the 2005 just uglier. I still think the new Ford 5.0 will lack torque in the end. That was always the killer on the Stangs. They produced as much HP as the LS1 FBodies but the FBodies had more torque which made them the faster car that would beat a Mustang stock 10 out of 10 times. Ford's alway's been second place when it comes to performance and the only reason they are coming out with the new 5.0 is because the Chevy stole the Mustang's thunder with the new Camaro and two because as usual the Camaro beats the crap out of the same model year Mustang. Ford has always lost the performance battle period.
Guess you really have no idea at all. Too tired to list all the reasons why you are wrong.
All-Or-Nothing is offline  
Old 10-10-2009, 08:42 AM   #12
Fenah
 
Fenah's Avatar
 
Drives: car
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: car
Posts: 53
Can't wait!
__________________
Fenah is offline  
Old 10-10-2009, 08:45 AM   #13
2010SLVRBULIT


 
2010SLVRBULIT's Avatar
 
Drives: G5 & C6
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: MARS
Posts: 6,717
Rear end is horrid!
2010SLVRBULIT is offline  
Old 10-10-2009, 10:26 AM   #14
Sleestack
 
Sleestack's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 SRT8 SuperBee, '09 GT500
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillz View Post
All they need to do now is change the rear end design and they will be golden. Cant say this enough man its brutal.


Attachment 62081
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
Rear end is horrid!
Hmmm, while I like the rear of the '09 GT500 a bit better, the new rear actually goes with the complete package. Regardless, no reason to get hung up on one aspect of a car's design. Heck, the Camaro rear end looks like the bastard stepchild of a older vette and a Hyundai, and nobody brings that up....Ooops...

__________________
Sleestack is offline  
Old 10-10-2009, 10:48 AM   #15
lil_chef
Banned
 
Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Jacksonville
Posts: 1,823
the rear end of the 2010's are my favorite part of the car.
lil_chef is offline  
Old 10-10-2009, 10:48 AM   #16
AZCamaroFan
This is the 6thGen
 
AZCamaroFan's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaros
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 17,354
nobody brings it up, because no on else thinks so.
AZCamaroFan is offline  
Old 10-10-2009, 10:52 AM   #17
meanmike
Account Suspended
 
Drives: FIRST ON RACE DAY
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,170
The rear end of the Camaro is really the biggest reason I did'nt buy one. When your standing by it and look down at it, it look's like that big women that has that really huge ass you know the ass that is even bigger than the rest of her.

Baby got back!
Attached Images
 
meanmike is offline  
Old 10-10-2009, 10:58 AM   #18
meanmike
Account Suspended
 
Drives: FIRST ON RACE DAY
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,170
What I am going to be disappointed about is the new auto tran's they are getting. I may have to see if I can do a swap. I would love to have that six speed.

http://www.themustangnews.com/tech_0...-shift-223.htm
meanmike is offline  
Old 10-10-2009, 11:29 AM   #19
Paperer
Ragin' Cajun
 
Paperer's Avatar
 
Drives: '02 Camaro SS - '10 CGM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas/Oklahoma
Posts: 1,170
Yeah, I'm ready to see what the official word is. I'm tired of hearing people tell me a million dumb rumors they've heard and think it's true.

"Didja hear that them those Mustangs are gunn be fester than tha Kahmero? They're gunna half rocket jet boosters and a Cummin's diesel in them!"

Maybe not that dumb, but you get the idea.
__________________
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/paper2302/Siggy.jpg
Paperer is offline  
Old 10-10-2009, 11:30 AM   #20
UCF w00t
Geek
 
UCF w00t's Avatar
 
Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orlando
Posts: 4,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmike View Post
The rear end of the Camaro is really the biggest reason I did'nt buy one. When your standing by it and look down at it, it look's like that big women that has that really huge ass you know the ass that is even bigger than the rest of her.

Baby got back!
Yea, it's got a fat ass but to me it's more like this...

UCF w00t is offline  
Old 10-10-2009, 11:33 AM   #21
meanmike
Account Suspended
 
Drives: FIRST ON RACE DAY
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
Yea, it's got a fat ass but to me it's more like this...

I if it was like that you would'nt be able to get my unit out of her tail pipe. Lol!
meanmike is offline  
Old 10-10-2009, 11:41 AM   #22
manimsoblack

 
manimsoblack's Avatar
 
Drives: 04 Pontiac Grand Am, 08 Ninja 650r
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bradenton/Ruskin FL
Posts: 1,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmike View Post
I if it was like that you would'nt be able to get my unit out of her tail pipe. Lol!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
You take a shit on everything fun and good on this forum.
manimsoblack is offline  
Old 10-10-2009, 12:03 PM   #23
lil_chef
Banned
 
Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Jacksonville
Posts: 1,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
Yea, it's got a fat ass but to me it's more like this...

ive never seen any thing so....so....so perfect
lil_chef is offline  
Old 10-10-2009, 03:09 PM   #24
comiskeybum
Banned
 
Drives: 2010 Chevy Equinox LS
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: South Bend, Indiana
Posts: 800
the camaro back end is boring. my least fav part of the car.
comiskeybum is offline  
Old 10-10-2009, 03:12 PM   #25
syr74
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Thunderbird
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 951
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangKiller-SS View Post
Ehhh, the 2010 Mustang is the same car as the 2005 just uglier. I still think the new Ford 5.0 will lack torque in the end. That was always the killer on the Stangs. They produced as much HP as the LS1 FBodies but the FBodies had more torque which made them the faster car that would beat a Mustang stock 10 out of 10 times. Ford's alway's been second place when it comes to performance and the only reason they are coming out with the new 5.0 is because the Chevy stole the Mustang's thunder with the new Camaro and two because as usual the Camaro beats the crap out of the same model year Mustang. Ford has always lost the performance battle period.
Always? Always is a very long time. IIRC, in 1968 the 428 powered Mustang was easily king of the hill, and this was the case again by 1970 when the either the Boss 429 or 428SCJ could easily handle anything Camaro was packing. And in 1971 we had the 429SCJ and Boss 351 Mustangs carrying on the tradition arguably carrying the Mustang through 1973 with less powerful but still quick enough versions of that 351. (although Camaros twin could best Mustang since the big block Pontiacs continued) Who was faster went back and forth a lot during this particular era.

After 1973 it was, sadly, a case of slow versus slower with the Camaro holding an advantage for roughly ten years, but by 1982 things became interesting again with a new and surprisingly powerful Mustang GT. Mustang more or less held the title of fastest 1/4 miler for virtually every year through 1992. Then, in 1993, GM went nuclear with the LT1 and held the advantage over Mustang until the 4th gen ceased production.

Ten years of advantage is just that, ten years of advantage. Making that into an unassailable dynasty only sets us up for disappointment. Rumors surrounding the 5.0L suggest that the three stage valve timing on both sides of the valvetrain make for much better low and mid range torque when compared to any outgoing modular V8. I think a lot of people will be surprised at just how stout this engine is, particularly when combined with the relatively light weight Mustang GT.

The V6 Mustang, she is gonna be stout, particularly considering what will be genuine feather-weight status, but the 315hp number being thrown around might have been a bit premature.
syr74 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Confirmed: 5.0L for 2011 Mustang GT syr74 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 83 06-24-2009 04:07 PM
2010 Ford "Boss 302" Mustang garagelogic General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 30 05-19-2009 10:10 AM
New Shelby Mustang revealed as race-only 'R Model' Sizzox General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 4 01-30-2009 09:12 PM
2007 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Convertible KILLER74Z28 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 10 04-11-2008 04:11 PM
Financial Problems for Ford??? TAG UR IT General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 14 10-29-2006 06:17 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.