Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery All Camaro related pictures, videos and other assorted media.

Old 06-23-2008, 04:42 AM   #251
willisit

Drives: Vauxhall Monaro VXR
Wow - I certainly didn't expect to see this so early-on. I'm quite amazed how close that is to the concept - I just wish we had some super-clean-high-res pics (that's just greedy isn't it?!).

Anyway, I cannot WAIT to see the first promotional shots of this car. Love it. Really. I do!
2001 Honda CBR 600 F
willisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 08:32 AM   #252
baileyrx

Drives: 2003 g35
fbod, thanks for the link
baileyrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 08:53 AM   #253
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
I think the car looks great and I wouldn't change a thing on it. Now seeing it with the spolier and trim and all cleaned up it looks wide and mean like the concept. I think it looks 1000 times better with out the mohawk, I'm definitely getting a sunroof. The pre-pro cars looked almost too tall and narrow but now the production car still has the wide sinister look to it. I can't wait to see the color sheet and see the production car in black. I wonder what size the rear tires are on this car. I would hope 275 but they look a little slimmer.
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:03 AM   #254
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Lives On View Post
I love everythhing about bout of them, esp. the reverse lights. For some reason, i really like the placement, and the shape, it looks cool. Anywhere else would have stuck out too much, or would have just looked dorky. Me likey
I thought I was the only one.
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:07 AM   #255
briannutter

Drives: C4Vette,C5-Z06,Cherokee
The silver car is about perfect for me. I like the front bumper a lot..Definitely tougher. The white car looked a little anemic. The new bumblebee bumper looks pretty tough..I'd like it for a Supercharged z28 (or my supercharged 1LE/B4C thankyouverymuch). There were a couple shots of the front intakes and I was thinking to myself....what a great place for intercoolers or brake ducts! The reverse lights are a bit odd. I would prefer them on either side of the rear plate. I also think the rear bumper of the concept looks a little bit better without the line that is right above the rear diffuser tray/muffler cover. The rounded look of the concept gave it a nicer butt. The foglights are a bit big...but I'm gonna need 'em. Please have your accessory designers make some snap in black screens or plastic plexi covers for them as our OHIO roads will break the lenses in a hurry.

As for the convertible: The thing that some car makers get right and most get wrong is filling out the wheel well. Saturn Aura, Cadillac CTS-V, Acura TL, BMW, and the latest malibu do a great job of making it look like the tire *barely* fits in the wheelwell. It gives the car the appearance of being lowered. The black convertible sits a little high and the wheels/tires don't fill it out. I'm all for creating a difference in the look between the v6 and the v8 (s')...but the wheel offset needs to be correct..even on the base car.

Another thing about the convertible...I don't see any way of fixing it, but the wider opening for the covertible top narrows the deck surfaces at the sides...kinda looses it's hips. Reminds me a bit of a picnic basket..or the pt cruiser convertible...Doesn't matter...I'm going hard top. I will say this, it looks great with the top up....something not easy to do.
briannutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 10:12 AM   #256
the_saint

Drives: rusty
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
well -- of course we want to see all of you at Indy in September.........

Meanwhile:

Do not assume that the white car or the black/white cars were 'models' -- meaning that perhaps they were a 'hybrid' of a V6 and A V8 car --

(golly -- am I making you crazy yet? )

I can say this:

The V6 will look somewhat different from the V8 -- the problem is that you aren't really sure what you've seen at this point in time..........

But let me ask you this: Are you happy with the Silver coupe or the black convertible? What do you like? What don't you like? (that's a rhetorical question....)

We talked with the "12 disciples of which there are 15" at length about the car -- and they felt that it was important to keep the V6 and V8 appearances apart.........and I think you'll find that this is the case once you see the model lineup.

If you have not yet signed up on www.chevrolet.com/camaro -- may I suggest you do so -- as we'll send you an email when we put the info. out there....

You can anticipate getting a lot of info the last few days of July ..... (engines- -- packages -- options - colors -- )

Again -- THANK YOU for the kind words about the silver car -- we're just as 'geeked' as you are........
imo the silver coupe and the vert look like they are the same. the problem I have with the pics of the silver car is that the angle the pics were taken from makes the car look flat/rectangular it has no ass/hips. i was expecting it to be a little wider in the back and the lighting in the silver pic also make the lip on the bumper look bigger than it is because the lip looks fine on the vert.. higher res pics before I make a final verdict.
the_saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 10:29 AM   #257
daddyseth1

Drives: 94 Pontiac Firebird Formula
I was always sold on Silver! This just confirms my affirmation for this car!
daddyseth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 10:36 AM   #258
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_saint View Post
imo the silver coupe and the vert look like they are the same. the problem I have with the pics of the silver car is that the angle the pics were taken from makes the car look flat/rectangular it has no ass/hips. i was expecting it to be a little wider in the back and the lighting in the silver pic also make the lip on the bumper look bigger than it is because the lip looks fine on the vert.. higher res pics before I make a final verdict.
i too wished the rear looked more concept like...the width is smaller and taillights are smaller...lost a bit of its coke bottle shape...i don't know if they can do anything about it now but it would be cool
chevydude26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 11:17 AM   #259
RSHugger

Drives: 1969 RS Camaro
^ Please review post 95, Camero has some insight for you...
RSHugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 11:34 AM   #260
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 1999 GMC Envoy
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
I actually got used to seeing it without a spoiler, so seeing it with the spoiler is waht threw me at first. It looks a little less mean from the back with it, but I still love it.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:38 AM   #261
johns07sierra

Drives: Black 07 GMC Sierra
Hey Camero or fbodfather any chance to see one of the cars at the Dream Cruise in Rochester, Mi? I just want to know so I can plan a trip accordingly hehe and I love the work you guys have done on the Camaro keep up the good work.
johns07sierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 11:49 AM   #262
playhard67
come to poppa

Drives: 67RS,09 Harley FLHX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandango View Post
Here is the original Bumper a la Concept

.....and here is what I came up with if we were to get an up front view.

It's 4:15 AM. I am a fan. My devotion is unwaivering.

By the way, it was hard finding an SS logo when I'm wolding my eye lids open with scotch tape.

I digress. I don't think it's that bad. Now I see the Light....if this is what we can expect, Look damn good.

Fandango...
The new version you produced looks great. Great Job slaving till 4:15am on it...the results are well worth it.
playhard67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 11:57 AM   #263
playhard67
come to poppa

Drives: 67RS,09 Harley FLHX
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
well -- of course we want to see all of you at Indy in September.........

Meanwhile:

Do not assume that the white car or the black/white cars were 'models' -- meaning that perhaps they were a 'hybrid' of a V6 and A V8 car --

(golly -- am I making you crazy yet? )

I can say this:

The V6 will look somewhat different from the V8 -- the problem is that you aren't really sure what you've seen at this point in time..........

But let me ask you this: Are you happy with the Silver coupe or the black convertible? What do you like? What don't you like? (that's a rhetorical question....)

We talked with the "12 disciples of which there are 15" at length about the car -- and they felt that it was important to keep the V6 and V8 appearances apart.........and I think you'll find that this is the case once you see the model lineup.

If you have not yet signed up on www.chevrolet.com/camaro -- may I suggest you do so -- as we'll send you an email when we put the info. out there....

You can anticipate getting a lot of info the last few days of July ..... (engines- -- packages -- options - colors -- )

Again -- THANK YOU for the kind words about the silver car -- we're just as 'geeked' as you are........
fbodfather...thanks for the link - I signed up. I'm also going to Indy in Sept..can't wait.

As far as the two versions...both look great. Everyone working on this has done a fantastic job keeping true to the concept...and for that matter making the concept in the first place.

And, I'm already on the list to buy one when they first come out.

Some things I'll be looking for are:
1. Halo headlights on my 2010 SS or Z28 (if they would turn in the direction the car is turning...that would be awesome. (I would like to scratch my head and polish these as well)
2. Larger spoiler on the rear similar to the First Gen Camaro's (Dragoneye also did a rendering showing one earlier in this forum)
3. If the fins in front of the rear tire are clearly defined (the guy who took the pic of the latest coupe at the Christian Slater filming said that they were not well defined).
4. I'm anxiously awaiting pics of the interior
playhard67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 12:04 PM   #264
BumbleBee
Yes, I am a girl

Drives: 2006 Pontiac Vibe
Wow, my computer breakes down for a week and I come back to this, keep it up GM!!!

...second to none
BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 01:14 PM   #265
LadiesMan217

Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBee View Post
Wow, my computer breakes down for a week and I come back to this, keep it up GM!!!

Did Ratchet fix it for you?
Old 06-23-2008, 02:53 PM   #266
BumbleBee
Yes, I am a girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadiesMan217 View Post
Did Ratchet fix it for you?
Well... as a matter of fact...

...second to none
Old 06-23-2008, 02:57 PM   #267
RB43TD
Me Likey My Camaro

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 1LT/RS Camaro
Quote:
Well... as a matter of fact...
I bet Ratchet is getting kind of sick of you. First it's your voice and now your computer. He going to have to start charging.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:11 PM   #268
TRIXXTERR

Drives: 96 Z28
Sheesh is it SEPT yet i dont know how much more anticipation i can handle.. just give me a V8 and im good i can deal with the rest.. weather i like it or not.just deal with it.. I cant wait for INDY..Sure there are a million people with a Million questions..

This Car does Look GOOD in silver though,hmm maybe i'll get one in silver or gunmetal.
TRIXXTERR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 03:12 PM   #269
BumbleBee
Yes, I am a girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB43TD View Post
I bet Ratchet is getting kind of sick of you. First it's your voice and now your computer. He going to have to start charging.
Hey, don't forget the new paint and trim!

...second to none
Old 06-23-2008, 03:22 PM   #270
RB43TD
Me Likey My Camaro

Quote:
Hey, don't forget the new paint and trim!
Good point. Ratchet needs a raise. That would be a 5% increase in energon cubes.....I know, that was lame. What can I say, I was a little kid in the 80's.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:43 PM   #271
BumbleBee
Yes, I am a girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by aston70 View Post
You're not the only one.
x2

...second to none
Old 06-23-2008, 03:48 PM   #272
carsismeZ06
Corvette and Camaro lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro...some day...
Will there be an SS version of the convertible? just wondering.
Old 06-23-2008, 04:10 PM   #273
RB43TD
Me Likey My Camaro

Does anyone else find themselves just starting at the countdown clock and mentally trying to make it go faster? That's a normal thing to do right????
Old 06-23-2008, 04:58 PM   #274
Optimus Prime

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
x2
Sweet, Transformers/80's fans on here too! What a wonderful world!

Former garage: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS 6M
2011 Avalanche LT
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 05:08 PM   #275
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2013 Acadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandango View Post
Here is the original Bumper a la Concept

.....and here is what I came up with if we were to get an up front view.

It's 4:15 AM. I am a fan. My devotion is unwaivering.

By the way, it was hard finding an SS logo when I'm wolding my eye lids open with scotch tape.

I digress. I don't think it's that bad. Now I see the Light....if this is what we can expect, Look damn good.

i hope the grill stays the same size as the concept. i think it looks much nicer the smaller the lower grill is.

2012 Porsche Panamera 4
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote