Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 10-13-2009, 01:11 AM   #1
OBSSEST

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS, Black
Are any of the interior surfaces REAL leather?

I assumed that the interior was true leather. Apparently, they are "leather appointed surfaces". Can anyone confirm which if any of the interior seat surfaces are real leather as opposed to vinyl?

Our Expedition SUV has leather "seating surfaces" but the panels around where your bottom and back rest are apparently vinyl. Is the Camaro similar?

Has anyone been able to verify this. I've just noticed that my Meguiar's Leather spray doesn't seem to soak in on the seat side like it does on true leather surfaces, and I'm wondering if it is because they are actually vinyl.

OBSSEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 01:34 AM   #2
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Yes, the seating surfaces are true leather, everything else is the faux stuff.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:25 AM   #3
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Believe it or not -- but the Mustang Leather interior - for years -- put leather seating surfaces in the front seat -- but the back seats are all vinyl - and unless something changed with the new Mustang - I think it's still that way.

The reason I know? We were given a mandate to do the same thing in, I believe 1999 -- and we fought it because we felt it would mislead consumers.

I will check next week -- but I believe we've done the same thing in order to try and keep costs down............

Scott never followed up with confirmation but I'd assume the only "leather" you get in the Camaro are these 5 panels on the front seats. Everything else is not leather.
Attached Images

#1: 2010 1LT/RS Victory Red M6 - July 2009-Oct 2011 (SOLD). #2: 2011 2SS/RS Synergy Green A6 - Oct 2011.....
rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 03:40 PM   #4
OBSSEST

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS, Black
That would make sense. Makes it kind of a nuisance to use leather spray on the perforated panels and vinyl spray on the other stuff though.
OBSSEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 04:00 PM   #5
glambert1
HOMER

Drives: 2010 camaro 2LT RS SIM
I use leather conditioner on all of it why would you need to use something else you can use it on vinyl works fine