Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Lethal Racing
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion Come chat about other cars.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:31 AM   #1
aldaron327
Onward and Upward.

Drives: '13 Equinox LTZ AWD,'09 Silverado
Send a message via MSN to aldaron327 Send a message via Yahoo to aldaron327
My Camaro Dreams have to wait... again.

I've been holding out that I would be able to order a Camaro at some point. When I was in Iraq, I was going to pre-order but my wife implored me to wait until I got home. By that point, the pre-order grab was just about up. I slogged through the winter in my TBSS and didn't enjoy it much.

As this year has flown by, I've been getting closer and closer to getting out of the Army and now I'm going through a medical evaluation board. My timeline got thrown by the wayside and my job search hasn't yielded much in the way of results. In the meantime, my wife and I have begun a number of projects around the house and have had to borrow trucks from friends to get supplies or take waste to the dump. Truck month rolled around and between the rebates and my GMS discount, the timing seemed right to get a new Silverado, so I pulled the trigger. I got a '09 Crew Cab 4X4 LT with the Z71 package and a few other goodies. It isn't nearly as fancy looking as my SS was but I can safely make the trip to my wife's family's homes in MN and ND. My wife's Yukon is getting a little long in the tooth as well (180,000 miles).

Fear not fellow C5ers... I still have a plan... I'll get the truck paid down relatively quick (as long as I still have a job ) and we've also got a Pathfinder that's paid off that can go toward a new Camaro SS. I've just got to find a decent enough job to get situated....
MODS: CAI by CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-Back, DBA 5000 Slotted/Cross-drilled rotors (Front), Hawk HPS Pads, Russell Braided Brake Lines, DBA 4000 Slotted/Cross-drilled rotors (Rear), Barton Short-Throw Shifter, UM Comp Extractor Hood & Gen I Spoiler, custom paint
aldaron327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:40 AM   #2
bono83

Drives: 1969 Chevelle, 2010 1LT
Sorry to hear about your wait. Especially for a well deserving Veteran. At least you got a great substitute. Those Silverados are great trucks all around. I'm still driving my 1994 with 182000 miles and it's still running strong. I love my truck.
bono83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:09 AM   #3
wrek
2G1FK1EJ6-9

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS Transformer
Congrats on the new truck, that's a nice ride. We'll see you in your SS soon enough!
wrek is offline   Reply With Quote