Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

RDP Motorsport
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

USA - Great Lakes IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, WI

Old 10-15-2009, 06:45 PM   #1
bodj

Drives: 1lt ABM
Send a message via AIM to bodj
East Lansing Camaro owners

I was at Tom's Party Store earlier this evening and met a guy who had a white 2LT. We started talking and he gave me an blue LED interior dome light for free. Just wanted to see if you check the boards at all and once again say thanks! I put it in a few minutes ago and it's a great addition.
bodj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:03 PM   #2
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
I was out driving today and saw an Inferno orange in downtown East Lansing. I've seen a couple of rally yellows around town, and a black one.
skuttduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:40 PM   #3
bodj

I have yet to see the IOM, but I've seen the yellows (always parked on albert/division area, black(parks at fee hall, professor maybe?), summit white, ABM (sad, i was hoping I was the only one in town), and I assume your RJT(okemos rd/bennett rd).
Old 11-11-2009, 04:07 PM   #4
A.J.

Drives: 2014 Impala
Howdy from the west side!

Last edited by A.J.; 11-11-2009 at 07:25 PM.
A.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 07:23 PM   #5
skuttduck

Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodj View Post
I have yet to see the IOM, but I've seen the yellows (always parked on albert/division area, black(parks at fee hall, professor maybe?), summit white, ABM (sad, i was hoping I was the only one in town), and I assume your RJT(okemos rd/bennett rd).
I haven't moved my full time MSU parking permit over yet, but if I drive it on campus, I'm usually at Ramp 1. I drove it yesterday and had to go to the Kellogg center and when I was parked behind the Kellogg center I had a goose really nail my car. *YUCK*

I've seen too many people crash into parked cars in that ramp, and my camry got coated with silica this past summer from their resurfacing.

I've seen one other RJT in town when I was going to Williamston.

I've not taken mine down that part of Okemos/Bennett road yet. Mine is RJT with black rally stripes, and you can't miss the rubber duck in the rear window. It's a 1 of 5 color combination according to the spastic Squirrel database. It was unique for the longest time.

I did get a friendly wave from a couple driving a black SS/RS with Orange rally stripes, going north on US 127 from holt road last sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
Howdy for the west side!
Greetings A.J.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:21 PM   #6
bodj

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuttduck View Post
I haven't moved my full time MSU parking permit over yet, but if I drive it on campus, I'm usually at Ramp 1. I drove it yesterday and had to go to the Kellogg center and when I was parked behind the Kellogg center I had a goose really nail my car. *YUCK*
One of my biggest concerns is door dings in the shaw ramp. All the spots are so close and its hard to find a legit one away from all the cars sometimes. I've got a permit to park in the Grove St. Ramp and always back it in next to an open spot and BMW that I consider my parking buddy No door dings yet!

That really sucks that you got hit by a goose. I assume it went for the glass? I can't believe that happened!

On another note, what carwash have you been using? Theres a DIY wash out in Okemos (jolly rd) called Outshiner that's treated me well but its rather expensive for the time you get. I'm contemplating being lazy and heading over to Showroom Shine.... Any other options you've found?
Old 11-12-2009, 02:13 PM   #7
skuttduck

Quote:
One of my biggest concerns is door dings in the shaw ramp. All the spots are so close and its hard to find a legit one away from all the cars sometimes. I've got a permit to park in the Grove St. Ramp and always back it in next to an open spot and BMW that I consider my parking buddy No door dings yet!

That really sucks that you got hit by a goose. I assume it went for the glass? I can't believe that happened!
I was also thinking about parking at Wharton and just hiking it over to the Business College (that's where I work). I had to do that for a couple years when they rebuilt the shaw ramp back in 2000. So that isn't too bad. However if I get in early enough I park it on the 2nd floor next to the pillar.

Unfortunately the goose got me on the roof of the car. I was able to get some paper towels and get it off. I think I did a swirl mark on the car by getting it off, but I'd rather have that than the acid etching the paint.

Quote:
On another note, what carwash have you been using? Theres a DIY wash out in Okemos (jolly rd) called Outshiner that's treated me well but its rather expensive for the time you get. I'm contemplating being lazy and heading over to Showroom Shine.... Any other options you've found?
I usually just wash it at my house. I got the car coated in Rejex so that really helps. But if I go out, I go to the carriage hills shoprite. That's right off of hagadorn road, just north of lake lansing.

That is one of the car washes that you can put in a few quarters before the time is out, and get a few minutes more time.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:53 PM   #8
efpardo
Deep6

Drives: 2010 Camaro# 8212 | 2LT | RS | CGM
Send a message via Skype™ to efpardo
Nice to see the Lansing/East Lansing Camaro owners talking. I was wondering where you were. I got mine on May 26th. Signed by Al Oppenheiser on May 30th.

No mods yet but I have a Solo Performance exhaust on order.

#8212 | 2LT | RS | CGM | Litho #165 |

My Journal: Erick’s Mistress
efpardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:24 PM   #9
skuttduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by efpardo View Post
Nice to see the Lansing/East Lansing Camaro owners talking. I was wondering where you were. I got mine on May 26th. Signed by Al Oppenheiser on May 30th.

No mods yet but I have a Solo Performance exhaust on order.
No mods yet eh?

You looking at doing the ambient dash lighting on your 2LT? If you are let me know, I can probably help.

I'd like to get my calipers painted before winter, but I don't have the jack stands or a torque wrench.

I got mine on my birthday. September 18th.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:49 PM   #10
efpardo
Deep6

I like the ambient lighting but I'm afraid it might bother my eyes. I have jack stands but no torque wrench either. What color were you thinking?

Old 11-12-2009, 08:33 PM   #11
skuttduck

Quote:
I like the ambient lighting but I'm afraid it might bother my eyes. I have jack stands but no torque wrench either. What color were you thinking?
If you are ever in the area of the Eastwood Town Centre and want to see the ambient lighting in person, let me know. I did mine different than everyone else, in that I used 10 LED's total.

Anyhow, I have the red metallic duplicolor paint for high heat. I'd like to paint them all red similar to this thread. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41057

I think it would go real well with the RJT.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:59 PM   #12
efpardo
Deep6

Yeah that caliper paint job look tight. Do you have any pics of your ambient light setup? I work down town so would be a short ride to check out the setup.
Erick
Quote:
If you are ever in the area of the Eastwood Town Centre and want to see the ambient lighting in person, let me know. I did mine different than everyone else, in that I used 10 LED's total.

Anyhow, I have the red metallic duplicolor paint for high heat. I'd like to paint them all red similar to this thread. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41057

I think it would go real well with the RJT.

Old 11-13-2009, 12:18 AM   #13
bodj

Quote:
No mods yet eh?

You looking at doing the ambient dash lighting on your 2LT? If you are let me know, I can probably help.

I'd like to get my calipers painted before winter, but I don't have the jack stands or a torque wrench.

I got mine on my birthday. September 18th.
I've gotta see this ambient dash! I'll be over in the business college tomorrow afternoon if you're around?

We share the same birthday. I was hoping my car was going to be ready that weekend, but it ended up coming in around the 26th of September.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:20 AM   #14
latinoslife

Drives: silver ice 2010 camaro 2lt RS
lansing indiana?

[IMG][CENTER][/IMG]
latinoslife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 06:56 AM   #15
skuttduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinoslife View Post
lansing indiana?
I didn't think that there was a lansing indiana. I knew about Lansing, Illinois, and Lansing New York (Which Lansing, Michigan is named after).
Old 11-13-2009, 06:57 AM   #16
skuttduck

Quote:
Yeah that caliper paint job look tight. Do you have any pics of your ambient light setup? I work down town so would be a short ride to check out the setup.
Erick
It's in one of the DIY Ambient light threads, but here goes.

Old 11-13-2009, 11:37 AM   #17
skuttduck

Alright, there is something about the 2nd level of the parking ramp where I parked it. Today I had the big splatter of bird poop on the sunroof. Maybe it is a pigeon doing it, but it sure is big enough to be a goose.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:07 PM   #18
efpardo
Deep6

Buy a plastic owl - Maybe that wil help
Quote:
Alright, there is something about the 2nd level of the parking ramp where I parked it. Today I had the big splatter of bird poop on the sunroof. Maybe it is a pigeon doing it, but it sure is big enough to be a goose.

Old 11-13-2009, 12:09 PM   #19
efpardo
Deep6

The lights look cool. How long did it take to install, and do they dim?
Quote:
It's in one of the DIY Ambient light threads, but here goes.

Old 11-13-2009, 12:28 PM   #20
skuttduck

Quote:
The lights look cool. How long did it take to install, and do they dim?
The install took me about 3 - 4 hours on a saturday. The hardest part was fishing the wires from each of the holes into the dash back to my distibution block.

Yes they dim with the factory lighting as I used the two plugs that were meant for the ambient lighting.
Old 11-14-2009, 12:21 PM   #21
efpardo
Deep6

Yeah, I'd like to check that out sometime
Quote:
The install took me about 3 - 4 hours on a saturday. The hardest part was fishing the wires from each of the holes into the dash back to my distibution block.

Yes they dim with the factory lighting as I used the two plugs that were meant for the ambient lighting.

Old 11-14-2009, 05:39 PM   #22
skuttduck

Quote:
Yeah, I'd like to check that out sometime
When is a good time for you? Since it gets dark every day after work, that would work out great, or if you wanted to come out on the weekend that is good for me as well. Plus you can look at the Pirelli scorpion tires too.

By the way I got the calipers painted today. They aren't perfect, but look great all red. I missed one spot on one of them, and got a drip on the other.

I'll try and post pictures tomorrow.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:46 PM   #23
skuttduck

Ok my car got hit by birds again today. Nothing that a little quick detailing spray wouldn't take car of, but still, this is driving me crazy.

As promised, pics of the caliper paint job. Duplicolor metal cast 200

Old 11-15-2009, 05:20 PM   #24
AKcamaro

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS CAMARO
Quote:
I was at Tom's Party Store earlier this evening and met a guy who had a white 2LT. We started talking and he gave me an blue LED interior dome light for free. Just wanted to see if you check the boards at all and once again say thanks! I put it in a few minutes ago and it's a great addition.
Yup thats me. Haven't checked the Regional Thread in awhile. Just put some pictures up of my car a few days ago.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52078
AKcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:02 PM   #25
buzzy56
buzzy56

Drives: 2ss summit white L99
suspension stiffness

Hello to all. New poster.Just took delivery of my new 2ss summit white ride Wednesday.Just love it.White out with inferno orange hood and trunk stripes with black and inferno orange seat inserts and door trim.Been looking and procrastinating for months on end.
Question.Whenever I test drove one it was on interstate highways that were fairly smooth.I took a trip to indiana this week end and man o man.I really noticed when I crossed railroad tracks or bad crack patch jobs the suspension really never gave at all.Just like driving with out.just wondering if all others have or are expieriencing the same thing? Or do I have a suspension problem?I put 450 miles on her and enjoyed every moment.Thanks for any feedback that you might offer.Had to almost come to a complete stop when crossing r/r tracks. thanks and will be interested in hearing any comments.
buzzy56 is offline   Reply With Quote