Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 10-17-2009, 12:16 AM   #1
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '10 2LT/RS,'14 Caddy CTS Coupe
My First Encounter

Like so many of us, we get a lot of from passers by and ogglers, I live in a small town, farming is big here, and mostly Turcks and 4 x 4's are the big thing with the youngins. but we do have a contingent of hotrodders. Today I went out to a movie, the thearter is in the nest BIG town down the road. I was comming back into town about 7 p.m. and thought I would pick up a pizza on the way home. the pizza joint is on the way home, so I called ahead and was going to pick it up on the way. I get there, and there was a single parking spot next to the handicap spots so I could park with relative certain that no one would park next to me, not to mention I was right up front. My pie wasn't done yet, but close. There was a group of 20 somethings that left right about the time I get my pizza and I wass going out the door and I coukld see that as they were leaving the place they saw my car and they all started going towards it....as I approched the door, they are all gathered around taking pictures of my car on their cell phones.....and they going back to their cars. LOL and they must known it was mine, I was wearing my Camaro hat and wearing a ORANGE shirt at the time, as I went that way...but not one said a thing.....I am guessing they were just stunned by its beauty! THEY JUST COULDN'T HELP IT.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:30 AM   #2
1badSS/RS

Drives: Rally Yellow Transformers pkg
They sure get the attention.
1badSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 07:10 AM   #3
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
We have an IOM too. A couple of weeks ago, my husband drove it up to BP to get gas. There was a black SS with orange stripes getting gas there too. The owner came over and started to talk to my husband about their cars and he said it was the first time he saw an IOM in person. He said our car was stunning. His exact words were '"Just look at that color!" Another time I was driving it. I saw another black ss with a young man driving it with his girlfriend in the passenger side. He was getting ready to pull out of the side entrance to the Target store near where we live. As I drove by him, his mouth was hanging open. I just waved and smiled.

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 07:18 AM   #4
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
i have seen plenty on the road, but never when i am in mine...

I think y'all with the vibrant colors get more lime light. The SIM is stunning but it does blend a little more than the brighter colors (which is A-OK by me) thats why we got it. THose bright colors also attract the kind of attention you don't want. Police and vagrants alike!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 07:19 AM   #5
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock69 View Post
We have an IOM too. A couple of weeks ago, my husband drove it up to BP to get gas. There was a black SS with orange stripes getting gas there too. The owner came over and started to talk to my husband about their cars and he said it was the first time he saw an IOM in person. He said our car was stunning. His exact words were '"Just look at that color!" Another time I was driving it. I saw another black ss with a young man driving it with his girlfriend in the passenger side. He was getting ready to pull out of the side entrance to the Target store near where we live. As I drove by him, his mouth was hanging open. I just waved and smiled.
Someone I know who owns a red Ferrari Modena even commented on loving the color of my car. He was staring at it for at least 3 minutes.. THat's an eternity for someone who drives exotics..
Old 10-17-2009, 08:28 AM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
i have seen plenty on the road, but never when i am in mine...

I think y'all with the vibrant colors get more lime light. The SIM is stunning but it does blend a little more than the brighter colors (which is A-OK by me) thats why we got it. THose bright colors also attract the kind of attention you don't want. Police and vagrants alike!
I personally LOVE the bright colors.....I have driving something that bright for the last 10 years......you can't hide.....but better than that, its easy to find in a parking lot if you can't remember where you parked.....even at a pro baseball or football stadium.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:56 AM   #7
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
I would have screamed at them to get the f**k away from my car!!!
Old 10-17-2009, 10:12 AM   #8
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
I would have screamed at them to get the f**k away from my car!!!
I don't think so, they were just admiring my car, and taking pictures, if they were ON it, thats a different story, but just doing what they were, it ok by me. IF I had reacted like you suggest, now what would that do for our reps, not much. but then that us IHO.

Name:  Sir Nuke.jpg
Views: 567
Size:  16.3 KB
Old 10-17-2009, 03:02 PM   #9
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
I don't care about my rep, I care about my car!
Old 10-17-2009, 03:13 PM   #10
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT - VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Quote:
what about the 'purple stick', SSOOCH????...j/k with ya...you are never gonna live that one down...lol...
Old 10-17-2009, 03:19 PM   #11
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

I think the IOM, RJT, and the ABM are the 'sleeper' colors...they are not as popular, but when people see them in person, it is the 'WOW factor'...people have to see them in person to truly see all the different hues and shades...
My RJT looks like a 'candy apple red' in the bright sunshine, but like a 'mean, bad a** burgundy' in the shade...
These colors are like 'chameleons'...they are constantly changing color according to the lighting conditions...
And, I like 'standing out' on the road...as long as I don't 'stand out' too much and get a ticket...lol....
Old 10-17-2009, 03:20 PM   #12
Mark A Collier Sr
Retired Army, 101st ABN

Drives: 2 SS/RS w/sunroof
That is why I carry a 9MM everywhere I go! You can look, take pics all you want BUT Don't get on my car!
BORN ON 4 NOV 09 at 12:26pm VIN:63460~ HOME on 18 NOV 09!
"101BABY"
Mark A Collier Sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 04:06 PM   #13
fixxxer525
Account Suspended

Drives: 01S10,01CBR600,05Ducati, 10 2SS/RS
Send a message via ICQ to fixxxer525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark A Collier Sr View Post
That is why I carry a 9MM everywhere I go! You can look, take pics all you want BUT Don't get on my car!
And People like you are ruining my gun rights. Its called a fist, use it once in awhile instead of waving it in the air.
fixxxer525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 06:19 PM   #14
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
well I care about my car too, very much, but since there isn't another car like mine in my area, and if I were to start ranting at them just becasue they were taking pictures like you suggest.........well.......the next time I would find it damaged by some punks because they were told by some friends that the guy that owns it was an ASS....... so there ya go......I'll do it my way.....you do it yours. I hope it goes well for us all. I just don't tempt fate. not to mention, Karma is a BIT*H.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:46 PM   #15
tjd24
Thank you Oshawa/St.Cats!

Drives: 2010 2LT RS 2G1FC1EV4A9103434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
well I care about my car too, very much, but since there isn't another car like mine in my area, and if I were to start ranting at them just becasue they were taking pictures like you suggest.........well.......the next time I would find it damaged by some punks because they were told by some friends that the guy that owns it was an ASS....... so there ya go......I'll do it my way.....you do it yours. I hope it goes well for us all. I just don't tempt fate. not to mention, Karma is a BIT*H.
Couldn't agree more - unlike other cars which blend into the parking lots ours stands out, especially if we've got mods or personalized plates. It makes your think ahead to the future - be cool a situation otherwise blown out of proportion will be cool as well, especially if there will be a next time they see your ride in the area.
#3434 Born 4-15-2009, Delivered 5-22-2009 BBOMG 2/3/4 & booked for #5
tjd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 07:38 PM   #16
Sher525
CAMAROLIOUS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by "prima"Donna View Post
I think the IOM, RJT, and the ABM are the 'sleeper' colors...they are not as popular, but when people see them in person, it is the 'WOW factor'...people have to see them in person to truly see all the different hues and shades...
My RJT looks like a 'candy apple red' in the bright sunshine, but like a 'mean, bad a** burgundy' in the shade...
These colors are like 'chameleons'...they are constantly changing color according to the lighting conditions...
And, I like 'standing out' on the road...as long as I don't 'stand out' too much and get a ticket...lol....
I totally disagree. IOM seems to be very popular
Sher525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:38 AM   #17
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sher525 View Post
I totally disagree. IOM seems to be very popular
You are right, the IOM is picking up the pace in the popular colors category...I still love it...
Old 10-18-2009, 08:28 AM   #18
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
You are right, the IOM is picking up the pace in the popular colors category...I still love it...
me too donna, to me its MAGIC.......it brings a crowd when other cars don't.......becasue it stands out. And I like it that way.........It makes it easy to find in a BIG parking lot. lol
Old 10-18-2009, 08:42 AM   #19
espo19047

Drives: Impala
Send a message via AIM to espo19047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark A Collier Sr View Post
I hope you are joking.
espo19047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:29 PM   #20
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
IOM is the third most popular colors behind black and silver for those ordered.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:38 PM   #21
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
2010 Camaros are a work of art, I've had mine for months and still stare at those parked and passing by.

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:43 PM   #22
Bonnie1

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro Coupe 1ss
Hi Prima Donna, just a note, I to can find my car? rally Yellow, Just got mine july 23rd 09 was really happy
Bonnie1 is offline   Reply With Quote