Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 10-21-2009, 05:56 PM   #1
Yellojacket

Drives: 2SS/RS Inferno Orange
First Zaino application, did I screw up?

Well my first wash/detail from the dealership went like this.
1. dawn wash -left wet used Schmitt wash mit and 3 bucket wash rinse rinse
2. clay bay
3. Zaino Z-7 wash and dry with blonde towels
4. one coat of Z-2
5. wipe down with z-6.

I didn't go the whole layer process as I didn't have enough time in the day to do it. I am just wondering if my FIRST Zaino coat should have been the Z-AIO AND THEN the Z-2. Does it really matter? Also is anyone here using the Z-CS Clear Seal as the final coat to a layered approach Z-2, Z-5 etc? The car looks pretty good but can it look better with other steps added?

By the way my car is IOM if that helps. Thanks for any info from the Zaino "Pros" out there.
Yellojacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:16 PM   #2
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
You're doing fine!

Unless you're seeing alot of swirls, starting with Z-2 is just fine. You can "add layers" as time permits.

As for Z-AIO and ZCS, I've tried them, but haven't continued to use either. I just add Z-5 as necessary, followed up with Z-2, and the results are impressive. (Just for an example, my '99 SS is black, and at just about every show I've attended this past show season, I've been asked if the paint is original, some have sworn its a re-paint, and I actually considered printing it on my showboard that the paint is original! ) So, if you just use Z-5 to address any blemishes, followed with Z-2, you'll get amazing results.

I only use Z-6 for quick details at shows.

Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellojacket View Post
Well my first wash/detail from the dealership went like this.
1. dawn wash -left wet used Schmitt wash mit and 3 bucket wash rinse rinse
2. clay bay
3. Zaino Z-7 wash and dry with blonde towels
4. one coat of Z-2
5. wipe down with z-6.

I didn't go the whole layer process as I didn't have enough time in the day to do it. I am just wondering if my FIRST Zaino coat should have been the Z-AIO AND THEN the Z-2. Does it really matter? Also is anyone here using the Z-CS Clear Seal as the final coat to a layered approach Z-2, Z-5 etc? The car looks pretty good but can it look better with other steps added?

By the way my car is IOM if that helps. Thanks for any info from the Zaino "Pros" out there.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 01:04 AM   #3
HeavyD

Drives: 1SSRS RY L99
Pictures?
HeavyD is offline   Reply With Quote