Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2009, 08:14 PM   #1457
Mr Twisty


 
Mr Twisty's Avatar
 
Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 14,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
I've been working on a project similar to that... it looks great.... on paper.
Haven't thought about that in years... could it still draw air without the impellers turning? Maybe have a bypass
__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:22 PM   #1458
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer
 
CamaroSpike23's Avatar
 
Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 22,824
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Haven't thought about that in years... could it still draw air without the impellers turning? Maybe have a bypass

well, thats the tricky part. I was looking at a twin screw setup for this. and thought of running a pressure sensitive secondary throttle body that would open and close once you engaged the super charger.
__________________
Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff
A group as a whole tends to be smarter than the smartest person in that group until one jackass convinces everyone otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:28 PM   #1459
Mr Twisty


 
Mr Twisty's Avatar
 
Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 14,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
well, thats the tricky part. I was looking at a twin screw setup for this. and thought of running a pressure sensitive secondary throttle body that would open and close once you engaged the super charger.
Or something along the lines of that indy car intake on the old sho's ... maggie on top of a custom intake, one throtte body, y'd behind it, one line to the lower intake, one to the maggie, wouldn't be any more complicated than DEI (direct exhaust injection)

Look at that crazy stuff speedster does, I bet there's a way if there's a will.
__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:16 PM   #1460
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer
 
CamaroSpike23's Avatar
 
Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 22,824
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Or something along the lines of that indy car intake on the old sho's ... maggie on top of a custom intake, one throtte body, y'd behind it, one line to the lower intake, one to the maggie, wouldn't be any more complicated than DEI (direct exhaust injection)

Look at that crazy stuff speedster does, I bet there's a way if there's a will.

I'm thinking of a twin screw with a y-pipe style intake and a second throttle body. one to run n/a in the back, then that one closes and the blower kicks on.
__________________
Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff
A group as a whole tends to be smarter than the smartest person in that group until one jackass convinces everyone otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:22 PM   #1461
Mr Twisty


 
Mr Twisty's Avatar
 
Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 14,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
I'm thinking of a twin screw with a y-pipe style intake and a second throttle body. one to run n/a in the back, then that one closes and the blower kicks on.
I wonder how it would run N/A with super short runners.

Don't guess it would make too much difference if you had 600hp at the touch of a button... His-n-Hers intake LOL

Always the issue of spinning up those huge screws so fast too I suppose...
__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 05:33 AM   #1462
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!
 
Number 3's Avatar
 
Drives: '16 ATS 2.0T & '14 Chevrolet SS
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 9,909
Good AMZ everybody
__________________
"Speed, it seems to me, provides the one genuinely modern pleasure." - Aldous Huxley Link to Every Camaro photo I've taken in Hi-Resolution
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 06:36 AM   #1463
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer
 
CamaroSpike23's Avatar
 
Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 22,824
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
I wonder how it would run N/A with super short runners.

Don't guess it would make too much difference if you had 600hp at the touch of a button... His-n-Hers intake LOL

Always the issue of spinning up those huge screws so fast too I suppose...
I'll draw a crappy picture in MS paint here in a little bit to show you what I had imagined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Good AMZ everybody
mornin!
__________________
Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff
A group as a whole tends to be smarter than the smartest person in that group until one jackass convinces everyone otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 06:57 AM   #1464
Mr Twisty


 
Mr Twisty's Avatar
 
Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 14,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Good AMZ everybody
Yez it iz
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
I'll draw a crappy picture in MS paint here in a little bit to show you what I had imagined



mornin!
__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:32 AM   #1465
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer
 
CamaroSpike23's Avatar
 
Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 22,824
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Yez it iz



I've had two ideas to run the intake, one similar to this, with twin intakes from the airbox and twin throttle bodies. the one in the back for n/a and the one in the front when the s/c is kicked on. both would probably be electronic so that the rear one can be completely closed when the s/c is on.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff
A group as a whole tends to be smarter than the smartest person in that group until one jackass convinces everyone otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:39 AM   #1466
Mr Twisty


 
Mr Twisty's Avatar
 
Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 14,181
Can the ECU read 2 diff. maf's and tps's?
Probably need 2 diff. a/f tables?
Why 2 diff. maf's?
That's seriously cool "man toy" stuff, but gonna be lot's of hurdles.
__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:44 AM   #1467
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,061
Top of Z morning!
__________________
05 Hummer H2 SUV on OEM Air Ride
Forged 11.4:1 408 LQ4 (K1 crank & rods; Mahle pistons)/CPP LS3 CNC heads/BTR Stage IV LS3 cam/home ported L92 intake manifold/ported 90mm TB/custom Volant CAI/mid-length headers/AFE dual 3" CB/Corvette Servo/el cheapo lift/Cognito UCAs/Sphon poly adjustable TA/Sphon adjustable rear LCAs/e'fan conversion/DirtyMax radiator/Moroso catchcan/HPTuners/HID conversion/LED exterior lighting/LED interior accents/Autometer Cobalts/AEM WBPioneer AVH-5600BHS/Pioneer GM-9601/2-Pioneer TS-W310D4s/Obcon Labyrinth dual-12 box/lots of other little stuff
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:49 AM   #1468
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LE...Drove: 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 28,199
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
I've had two ideas to run the intake, one similar to this, with twin intakes from the airbox and twin throttle bodies. the one in the back for n/a and the one in the front when the s/c is kicked on. both would probably be electronic so that the rear one can be completely closed when the s/c is on.
Spike...you're talking problems there....the TB never fully seal...you'll get pressure leaks working against your goals in both cases....at least I think so...
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Twice Before You Post.
...Anxiously waiting to order a silver "Z"...

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:53 AM   #1469
Mr Twisty


 
Mr Twisty's Avatar
 
Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 14,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Spike...you're talking problems there....the TB never fully seal...you'll get pressure leaks working against your goals in both cases....at least I think so...
He mentioned butterfly valves in the intake, might be able to seal ~8 psi boost
__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:57 AM   #1470
Mr Twisty


 
Mr Twisty's Avatar
 
Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 14,181
I read a very interezting pozt thiz morning in the zuzpenzion threadz
__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Camaro vs House? P. Ham 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 82 05-20-2011 05:03 PM
House approves $2B more for 'cash for clunkers shank0668 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 3 07-31-2009 04:36 PM
3rd Annual Corvette Open House at MacMulkin Chevrolet-WELCOMES the ALL NEW CAMARO!! MacMulkin USA - New England 2 04-11-2009 09:16 AM
White House Approves $17.4 Billion Auto Loans to GM & Chrysler josh1147 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 97 12-29-2008 02:21 PM
White House says auto loans deal not imminent camaro5 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 11 12-15-2008 11:44 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.