Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics Discussions related to the 5th gen Camaro Z/28 model

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2012, 07:48 PM   #10001
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: A Z06 or a 2015 1LE?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
The more things change, the more they stay the same. Way before my time but puts things in perspective. Thanks to Mikamaro for the link. http://www.youtube.com/embed/vUT5mDC...layer_embedded
I love the look of those old Can Am cars. Beautiful.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:55 PM   #10002
ShnOmac


 
ShnOmac's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: PNW
Posts: 13,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
The more things change, the more they stay the same. Way before my time but puts things in perspective. Thanks to Mikamaro for the link. http://www.youtube.com/embed/vUT5mDC...layer_embedded
Very cool video!
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:13 PM   #10003
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!
 
Number 3's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 ATS 2.0T & '14 Chevrolet SS
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 8,195
So now that the ZL1 beats a GT500 around the track and now the 1LE beats a Boss around the track.................isn't that enough?
__________________
"Speed, it seems to me, provides the one genuinely modern pleasure." - Aldous Huxley Link to Every Camaro photo I've taken in Hi-Resolution
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:28 PM   #10004
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9
 
PYROLYSIS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Summerv1LE SC
Posts: 4,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
So now that the ZL1 beats a GT500 around the track and now the 1LE beats a Boss around the track.................isn't that enough?
Enough for me. Your'e safe in the house. Not too many haters too ignore.
__________________
BRING BACK THE B4C POLICE CAMARO!
2002 V-6 5 speed rally red (current camaro) Also driven:1992 Z-28 305 auto Red w/ black stripes (anniversary), 2001 V-6 auto light pewter metallic,1991 RS V-6 auto Black
PYROLYSIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:33 PM   #10005
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9
 
PYROLYSIS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Summerv1LE SC
Posts: 4,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
I love the look of those old Can Am cars. Beautiful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
Very cool video!
It's like a whole new world has been opened to me. Lived in SC my whole life,Camaro fan since i was ten. Never even been to a dragstrip or a NASCAR race. Don't see how it could live up to that video. So much happened. 2 or 3 wrecks at the starting line, no caution, race continued. And every driver had gusto, and all was ok at the end. Lord willing, I will be able to track a 1LE one day. Not anywhere near those speeds, but it will be a blast.
__________________
BRING BACK THE B4C POLICE CAMARO!
2002 V-6 5 speed rally red (current camaro) Also driven:1992 Z-28 305 auto Red w/ black stripes (anniversary), 2001 V-6 auto light pewter metallic,1991 RS V-6 auto Black
PYROLYSIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:36 PM   #10006
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9
 
PYROLYSIS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Summerv1LE SC
Posts: 4,642
Also noticed in that video Nickey(Chicago) had an advertisement on one of the cars. the race was in Canada in 1966 while the first Camaro was being built or maybe sold. Old timers might have to chip in on that one.
__________________
BRING BACK THE B4C POLICE CAMARO!
2002 V-6 5 speed rally red (current camaro) Also driven:1992 Z-28 305 auto Red w/ black stripes (anniversary), 2001 V-6 auto light pewter metallic,1991 RS V-6 auto Black
PYROLYSIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:42 PM   #10007
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9
 
PYROLYSIS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Summerv1LE SC
Posts: 4,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
I love the look of those old Can Am cars. Beautiful.
Can anybody tell if the instuctional car was a Corvette? Hard to tell but the hood looked like an old vette.
Attached Images
 
__________________
BRING BACK THE B4C POLICE CAMARO!
2002 V-6 5 speed rally red (current camaro) Also driven:1992 Z-28 305 auto Red w/ black stripes (anniversary), 2001 V-6 auto light pewter metallic,1991 RS V-6 auto Black
PYROLYSIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:42 PM   #10008
JusticePete
Rebel Leader
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
So now that the ZL1 beats a GT500 around the track and now the 1LE beats a Boss around the track.................isn't that enough?
I subscribe to Miyamoto Musashi School of Business. The Challenger and Mustang are still in production
__________________
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:08 AM   #10009
LOWDOWN
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Daily
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Cruisin'...
Posts: 4,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
Also noticed in that video Nickey(Chicago) had an advertisement on one of the cars. the race was in Canada in 1966 while the first Camaro was being built or maybe sold. Old timers might have to chip in on that one.
The Nickey car was owned by Dan Blocker...aka Hoss Cartwright on the TV show Bonanza.

http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z...enie-MK10.aspx

http://www.tomstephani.com/nickey-vinegaroon/genie

"Old timer", eh?! Listen here, sonny...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:11 PM   #10010
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9
 
PYROLYSIS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Summerv1LE SC
Posts: 4,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
The Nickey car was owned by Dan Blocker...aka Hoss Cartwright on the TV show Bonanza.

http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z...enie-MK10.aspx

http://www.tomstephani.com/nickey-vinegaroon/genie

"Old timer", eh?! Listen here, sonny...
Pure Hosspower. Nice. I knew there was a fogey that could help educate this young whippersnapper.
__________________
BRING BACK THE B4C POLICE CAMARO!
2002 V-6 5 speed rally red (current camaro) Also driven:1992 Z-28 305 auto Red w/ black stripes (anniversary), 2001 V-6 auto light pewter metallic,1991 RS V-6 auto Black
PYROLYSIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:53 PM   #10011
Blizzard
Searching for the truth
 
Blizzard's Avatar
 
Drives: 85 K-10
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Starkville, Mississippi
Posts: 592
So we now see the 1LE is very capable and has beaten the Boss and matched the GT500 at VIR, but I still want a Z28. It appears the 1LE was everything most of us wanted from a Z28 minus the LS7, but what I don't understand is why GM didn't call it a Z28. Yes the 1LE in history was a Z28 just upgraded, but why go away from history like this.
__________________
2013 1LE 1SS RS TPW 4/29
Blizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:58 PM   #10012
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: A Z06 or a 2015 1LE?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
So we now see the 1LE is very capable and has beaten the Boss and matched the GT500 at VIR, but I still want a Z28. It appears the 1LE was everything most of us wanted from a Z28 minus the LS7, but what I don't understand is why GM didn't call it a Z28. Yes the 1LE in history was a Z28 just upgraded, but why go away from history like this.
This package is living up to the 1LE. This package is missing some things for it to be a Z28.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:59 PM   #10013
JusticePete
Rebel Leader
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
So we now see the 1LE is very capable and has beaten the Boss and matched the GT500 at VIR, but I still want a Z28. It appears the 1LE was everything most of us wanted from a Z28 minus the LS7, but what I don't understand is why GM didn't call it a Z28. Yes the 1LE in history was a Z28 just upgraded, but why go away from history like this.
A Z/28 should have 6 pot front brakes... the 1LE is a GREAT VALUE option, but a 1LE does not a Z/28 make.
__________________
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:08 PM   #10014
Blizzard
Searching for the truth
 
Blizzard's Avatar
 
Drives: 85 K-10
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Starkville, Mississippi
Posts: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
This package is living up to the 1LE. This package is missing some things for it to be a Z28.
But thats the problem, maybe its missing something from being a 1LE.

When the 1LE was first introduced it was and upgrade to the 3rd gen Z28, just seems backwards now.

Don't get me wrong I still want a LS7 Z28 like we have all discussed for a long time now.
__________________
2013 1LE 1SS RS TPW 4/29
Blizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:13 PM   #10015
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: A Z06 or a 2015 1LE?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,263
From a marketing standpoint it makes more sense this way. Remember GM failed by doing things a certain way. Now they are built for speed and making better marketing decisions. That's why I know the Z28 will happen most likely a Q1/2013 showing and a Q3/2013 availability.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:54 PM   #10016
wildpaws

 
wildpaws's Avatar
 
Drives: 1999 Blazer
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
But thats the problem, maybe its missing something from being a 1LE.

When the 1LE was first introduced it was and upgrade to the 3rd gen Z28, just seems backwards now.

Don't get me wrong I still want a LS7 Z28 like we have all discussed for a long time now.
If you'll remember, GM got all confused with Z/28s, SS, and 1LE back in the day once they got past the first/second generation, and that confusion still confuses many people that were not around for the first gen and early second gen Z/28. And IMHO a Z/28 should never have essentially the same engine as the SS and perhaps Chevy is mindful of that now. Right now you have SS with an LS3 and the 1LE with essentially the same LS3 (a couple of minor differences), now they need to take the 1LE and upgrade a few things and add an engine with a little more "pepper" to make a new Z/28 for the fifth gen. Camaro.
Clyde

Last edited by wildpaws; 07-31-2012 at 09:58 PM.
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:25 PM   #10017
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!
 
Number 3's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 ATS 2.0T & '14 Chevrolet SS
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 8,195
Ahhhhhhhhhhh, good discussion again.
__________________
"Speed, it seems to me, provides the one genuinely modern pleasure." - Aldous Huxley Link to Every Camaro photo I've taken in Hi-Resolution
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:36 PM   #10018
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: A Z06 or a 2015 1LE?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Ahhhhhhhhhhh, good discussion again.
I don't know that we've ever really heard what your build-able idea of a 5Gen Z28 would be. I'd like to hear it if you don't mind. Thanks.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:11 PM   #10019
OldScoolCamaro


 
Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Home of the brave
Posts: 4,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
If you'll remember, GM got all confused with Z/28s, SS, and 1LE back in the day once they got past the first/second generation, and that confusion still confuses many people that were not around for the first gen and early second gen Z/28. And IMHO a Z/28 should never have essentially the same engine as the SS and perhaps Chevy is mindful of that now. Right now you have SS with an LS3 and the 1LE with essentially the same LS3 (a couple of minor differences), now they need to take the 1LE and upgrade a few things and add an engine with a little more "pepper" to make a new Z/28 for the fifth gen. Camaro.
Clyde
Exactly! Soooo, taking "pepper" into account, going by past practice, it's either a new certified engine model/designation, which is too late in the game to introduce, or, one that's ready to go. That being said, the only viable alternative is the LS7.
__________________
In Scott We Trust...all others must show proof.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:30 PM   #10020
OldScoolCamaro


 
Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Home of the brave
Posts: 4,858
Awfully quiet, everyone's gone to Camaro Fest I guess.....
__________________
In Scott We Trust...all others must show proof.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:27 PM   #10021
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!
 
Number 3's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 ATS 2.0T & '14 Chevrolet SS
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 8,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
Awfully quiet, everyone's gone to Camaro Fest I guess.....
Yessssir. I was just going to post that the Fest is upon us and it generally gets a bit quiet in The House.

Kind of like when those noisy neighbors go on vacation I guess.

But hey, itz all good. Lot of pics to look through from Indy.
__________________
"Speed, it seems to me, provides the one genuinely modern pleasure." - Aldous Huxley Link to Every Camaro photo I've taken in Hi-Resolution
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:27 AM   #10022
JusticePete
Rebel Leader
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Yessssir. I was just going to post that the Fest is upon us and it generally gets a bit quiet in The House.

Kind of like when those noisy neighbors go on vacation I guess.

But hey, itz all good. Lot of pics to look through from Indy.
Since I may be the noisiest neighbor




We are out thinking ourselves. The L/28 and Raymond's Performance Camaros out ran everything at Putnam Park. They passed everything on track and some twice. We are so smart, we are trying to make them faster. I know we have lost our minds when we have a 6:30 am appoint tomorrow at with the machine shop

We have the technology. We can rebuild it. Faster. Stronger. We'll we could if we had 6 Million Dollars
__________________
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:56 AM   #10023
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!
 
Number 3's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 ATS 2.0T & '14 Chevrolet SS
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 8,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Since I may be the noisiest neighbor




We are out thinking ourselves. The L/28 and Raymond's Performance Camaros out ran everything at Putnam Park. They passed everything on track and some twice. We are so smart, we are trying to make them faster. I know we have lost our minds when we have a 6:30 am appoint tomorrow at with the machine shop

We have the technology. We can rebuild it. Faster. Stronger. We'll we could if we had 6 Million Dollars
6 million doesn't go as far as it did in the 70s
__________________
"Speed, it seems to me, provides the one genuinely modern pleasure." - Aldous Huxley Link to Every Camaro photo I've taken in Hi-Resolution
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:29 PM   #10024
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!
 
Number 3's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 ATS 2.0T & '14 Chevrolet SS
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 8,195
Seeeeeee Festquietness in full force.

Hope they are having a great time.
__________________
"Speed, it seems to me, provides the one genuinely modern pleasure." - Aldous Huxley Link to Every Camaro photo I've taken in Hi-Resolution
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:36 PM   #10025
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: A Z06 or a 2015 1LE?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Seeeeeee Festquietness in full force.

Hope they are having a great time.

Yes, they must be.

Number 3 I'm not sure if you missed this or you can't reply, but I'll ask again. "I don't know that we've ever really heard what "your" build-able idea of a 5Gen Z28 would be. I'd like to hear it if you don't mind. Thanks."

Thanks Again.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Camaro vs House? P. Ham 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 82 05-20-2011 06:03 PM
House approves $2B more for 'cash for clunkers shank0668 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 3 07-31-2009 05:36 PM
3rd Annual Corvette Open House at MacMulkin Chevrolet-WELCOMES the ALL NEW CAMARO!! MacMulkin USA - New England 2 04-11-2009 10:16 AM
White House Approves $17.4 Billion Auto Loans to GM & Chrysler josh1147 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 97 12-29-2008 03:21 PM
White House says auto loans deal not imminent camaro5 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 11 12-15-2008 12:44 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.