Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
HRE Wheels
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2011, 10:25 AM   #6301
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 17,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
I would love to know what you know!
I would love to know what you know Mr. Mission Classified
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:28 AM   #6302
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: Z06, GS or ZL1?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,822
Confirmed!













I'm still waiting for a 5Gen Z28.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:29 AM   #6303
ShnOmac


 
ShnOmac's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: PNW
Posts: 13,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
I would love to know what you know Mr. Mission Classified
I will tell you anything you want to know if you have information regarding a Z/28......
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:48 AM   #6304
Mark H
 
Drives: 04 Denali
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: stockton ca
Posts: 390
Hmmmmmmmmm
Trading secrets
__________________

But Officer, I swear its just a vacuum leak.

Those red things? those are smog pumps!

2004 Sierra Denali ----- 2/4 drop
LSX 438 TWIN TURBO

LSX Block Video
Block number 00370. Build Date 04/17/2007
Mark H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:08 PM   #6305
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 17,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
I will tell you anything you want to know if you have information regarding a Z/28......
Time to

We have been working with a special partner to create what we consider to be the ultimate 5th Gen Camaro. We started with the premise that Pedders USA 2010 SEMA / OPTIMA / Road Course Camaro was the ultimate Camaro. The performance range of that car put it on an equal footing with a Z06. That was then. This is now. We want to be faster. A lot faster.

No forced induction -- just a 427 that makes more RWHP and more RWTQ than the as-fast-as-a Z06 Pedders Camaro.

Better Brakes -- The CTS-V brakes are wonderful, but the goal is to be faster. To be faster we needed better brakes. We got them.

Stronger Differential -- Our ZR1 hunting Camaro had to have a stronger differential to take the abuse of hurtling a two-ton Camaro around a road course and put down power in the turns no matter what the G load. That box has been checked.

Thermal Management -- Got to have a carbon fiber heat extractor hood. If we want to run all day we felt a custom radiator was in order. Done.

5 Point Harnesses -- Our old car ran with nothing more than the factory belt. We didn't even use a G Lock. Drivers are faster when they don't have to hold on and driver. The new Z project has driver and passenger 5 Point Harnesses.

There is more, but that is all the beans this can had. I can't wait for SEMA to debut this Z. To be very clear, this is not a show car. It is a go car from conception. It is a vehicle that we all would love to see GM build. They can't build what we are building by regulation and economics. I know some will be disappointed with the price point for our custom built Z. I guarantee you that no one will be disappointed with the performance numbers. Oh how I wish this car was rolling off the GM assembly line. Maybe it will some day, but I want what I want and I wanted it now. I got it with a little help from my friends.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:13 PM   #6306
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Time to

We have been working with a special partner to create what we consider to be the ultimate 5th Gen Camaro. We started with the premise that Pedders USA 2010 SEMA / OPTIMA / Road Course Camaro was the ultimate Camaro. The performance range of that car put it on an equal footing with a Z06. That was then. This is now. We want to be faster. A lot faster.

No forced induction -- just a 427 that makes more RWHP and more RWTQ than the as-fast-as-a Z06 Pedders Camaro.

Better Brakes -- The CTS-V brakes are wonderful, but the goal is to be faster. To be faster we needed better brakes. We got them.

Stronger Differential -- Our ZR1 hunting Camaro had to have a stronger differential to take the abuse of hurtling a two-ton Camaro around a road course and put down power in the turns no matter what the G load. That box has been checked.

Thermal Management -- Got to have a carbon fiber heat extractor hood. If we want to run all day we felt a custom radiator was in order. Done.

5 Point Harnesses -- Our old car ran with nothing more than the factory belt. We didn't even use a G Lock. Drivers are faster when they don't have to hold on and driver. The new Z project has driver and passenger 5 Point Harnesses.

There is more, but that is all the beans this can had. I can't wait for SEMA to debut this Z. To be very clear, this is not a show car. It is a go car from conception. It is a vehicle that we all would love to see GM build. They can't build what we are building by regulation and economics. I know some will be disappointed with the price point for our custom built Z. I guarantee you that no one will be disappointed with the performance numbers. Oh how I wish this car was rolling off the GM assembly line. Maybe it will some day, but I want what I want and I wanted it now. I got it with a little help from my friends.
Tease...
__________________
05 Hummer H2 SUV on OEM Air Ride
Forged 11.1:1 408 LQ4 (K1 crank & rods; Mahle pistons)/CPP LS3 CNC heads/BTR Stage IV LS3 cam and valvetrain/home ported L92 intake manifold/ported 90mm TB/custom Volant CAI/mid-length headers/AFE dual 3" CB/Corvette Servo/el cheapo lift/Cognito UCAs/e'fan conversion/aluminum radiator/Moroso catchcan/HPTuners by me/LED exterior lighting/Pioneer AVH-5600BHS/Pioneer GM-9601/2-Pioneer TS-W310D4/Obcon Labyrinth dual-12 box/lots of other stuff
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:30 PM   #6307
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro
 
Scarrzz's Avatar
 
Drives: Suzuki Hayabusa
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Louisiana, CO, GA, TX, etc.
Posts: 2,007
Suddenly... words... failing... so...

..........
__________________
.
__________________________________
................................................The Faithful are Watching.
Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:00 PM   #6308
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper
 
djsnoflake's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada
Posts: 2,765
Now I want to eat some beans!
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:16 PM   #6309
OldJedi
Use the Force
 
OldJedi's Avatar
 
Drives: 1967 Corvette, 2012 ZL1, 2015 Z51
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Davie, Fl.
Posts: 3,575
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Pete, good luck with your new project and hope to see pictures and more information from SEMA.
__________________
Walk softly, carry a light saber and drive a ZL1!
OldJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:30 PM   #6310
ShnOmac


 
ShnOmac's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: PNW
Posts: 13,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Time to

We have been working with a special partner to create what we consider to be the ultimate 5th Gen Camaro. We started with the premise that Pedders USA 2010 SEMA / OPTIMA / Road Course Camaro was the ultimate Camaro. The performance range of that car put it on an equal footing with a Z06. That was then. This is now. We want to be faster. A lot faster.

No forced induction -- just a 427 that makes more RWHP and more RWTQ than the as-fast-as-a Z06 Pedders Camaro.

Better Brakes -- The CTS-V brakes are wonderful, but the goal is to be faster. To be faster we needed better brakes. We got them.

Stronger Differential -- Our ZR1 hunting Camaro had to have a stronger differential to take the abuse of hurtling a two-ton Camaro around a road course and put down power in the turns no matter what the G load. That box has been checked.

Thermal Management -- Got to have a carbon fiber heat extractor hood. If we want to run all day we felt a custom radiator was in order. Done.

5 Point Harnesses -- Our old car ran with nothing more than the factory belt. We didn't even use a G Lock. Drivers are faster when they don't have to hold on and driver. The new Z project has driver and passenger 5 Point Harnesses.

There is more, but that is all the beans this can had. I can't wait for SEMA to debut this Z. To be very clear, this is not a show car. It is a go car from conception. It is a vehicle that we all would love to see GM build. They can't build what we are building by regulation and economics. I know some will be disappointed with the price point for our custom built Z. I guarantee you that no one will be disappointed with the performance numbers. Oh how I wish this car was rolling off the GM assembly line. Maybe it will some day, but I want what I want and I wanted it now. I got it with a little help from my friends.


Sounds incredible Pete!

Is this going to be a one of a kind or you guys going to try and market it?

EDIT: Just so the answer to my question in the other thread!
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:39 PM   #6311
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 17,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarrzz View Post
Suddenly... words... failing... so...

..........
Me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
Now I want to eat some beans!
Tire smoked beans. hmm hmm good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
Pete, good luck with your new project and hope to see pictures and more information from SEMA.
Absolutely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post


Sounds incredible Pete!

Is this going to be a one of a kind or you guys going to try and market it?

EDIT: Just so the answer to my question in the other thread!
No worries. The not yet fully named Z will be sold as a complete car. It will be exensive as perfection doesn't come cheap
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:55 PM   #6312
OldScoolCamaro


 
Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Home of the brave
Posts: 4,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
No worries. The not yet fully named Z will be sold as a complete car. It will be exensive as perfection doesn't come cheap
And that Pete I believe in and I trust it will give a new meaning to "kicking ass and taking names"....., you rock!
__________________
In Scott We Trust...all others must show proof.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 04:08 PM   #6313
ShnOmac


 
ShnOmac's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: PNW
Posts: 13,281
So how long after the release of the ZL1 is Pedders going to get their hands on one?
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 05:14 PM   #6314
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 17,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
So how long after the release of the ZL1 is Pedders going to get their hands on one?
a.s.a.p.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Camaro vs House? P. Ham 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 82 05-20-2011 05:03 PM
House approves $2B more for 'cash for clunkers shank0668 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 3 07-31-2009 04:36 PM
3rd Annual Corvette Open House at MacMulkin Chevrolet-WELCOMES the ALL NEW CAMARO!! MacMulkin USA - New England 2 04-11-2009 09:16 AM
White House Approves $17.4 Billion Auto Loans to GM & Chrysler josh1147 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 97 12-29-2008 02:21 PM
White House says auto loans deal not imminent camaro5 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 11 12-15-2008 11:44 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.