Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 05-13-2012, 09:30 AM   #9334
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '13 ATS 2.0T & '14 Chevrolet SS
Brisket report?
Old 05-13-2012, 11:50 AM   #9335
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Brisket report?
Had great flavor but it was on the dry side....... I think the temp needs lowering
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:54 PM   #9336
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
Had great flavor but it was on the dry side....... I think the temp needs lowering

You need the Zen Master of all things Q. My buddy Kevin is the absolute best Q man on the planet. The problem is, he doesn't give out his secrets I have asked him to give you a hand. Hop over to FB and friend this guy, Take an oath that his Q secrets go to the grave with you.

http://www.facebook.com/kevin.robinson2

The secret code word is ShnoMac
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:08 PM   #9337
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Damn! there's that "disappearin'-reappearin' INK" again!

How was the show, yesterday, Pete? I'm sure the PEDDERized ZL1 was the "hit" of the show!
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:37 PM   #9338
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Anything remotely related to BBQ, I use very low temps with long, slow cooking times. You can use dry rub spices from the beginning of the process, keep any sauces away until near the end of the process (like I add sauce to my pulled pork once it is cooked and pulled).
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:50 PM   #9339
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
I received a smoker as a gift..... Now lets see if I can make Texas proud.

Brisket is looking very nice at this point!
one of the hardest meats to cook. good luck. I want to try again.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:53 PM   #9340
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
just like my first attempt with brisket. takes practice man. I youtubed several videos. to figure out how to cook it. lol probably my mistake.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:53 PM   #9341
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
Damn! there's that "disappearin'-reappearin' INK" again!

How was the show, yesterday, Pete? I'm sure the PEDDERized ZL1 was the "hit" of the show!
Thank you for asking. It went well, very well.

I have not been able to test the system on track, but I have my spots here and there. Come Monday, a group of high school students will be wondering who was painting in their parking lot Dead even across the tire width perfectly parallel stripes, 300' skid pad donuts, figure 8s and in the other lot with light poles some idiot must have run slalom style between them at very high rates of speed

The ZL1 is just an awesome motorcar off the factory floor. It is really, really good. On the other hand, I have been thinking for a long time it needs a few Pedders tweaks. We dropped the front end just 12mm and the rear roughly 20 to get 668mm ride heights all around. The ZL1 sits more level now on coils that are roughly 15% higher in the front and 22% higher in the rear. We adjusted the length of the ride height sensor rods to place the indicators the centered position. The MRC system is 100% functional. In touring mode the ride is very good. As you work your way through the programs it gets pretty firm on #5. The best burnouts come in #3, but how would I know anything about that?

We removed the OEM 25mm front and 28mm rear solid bars and replaced them with Pedders 27mm front solid adjustable and 32mm solid rear. our rear bar is adjustable but we haven't made that public yet because we don't want those other guys to know how we are doing it ;-) I like a flatter car than would normally deliver from the factory. Between the MRC, the slight ride height drop, slight increase in coil rate and sway bar size the Pedderised ZL1 is flatter and I like it that way.

We use EP6579 radius and EP1200 sub-frame inserts on the ZL1. The new Z toe links are good to go from the factory. The increase in the front sub-frame bush hardness / density does help. The difference in the ZL1 without or with the EP1200 sub-frame inserts is not as dramatic as it is in a 2010, 2011 or 2012 SS, but it is different and it is better. When the OEM rear ZL1 end breaks loose it comes back in easily with a bit of counter steer and application of throttle. Take it too far and it shudders a bit. With the EP1200s in place you can feel it better and I was able to catch it before it broke loose with the absolute slightest tiny bit of backing off the throttle, a itty bity tiny little bit or nail it and counter steer all day long. I can't drive and I could drift the Pedderised ZL1 like Kenny, we'll sort of almost

The ZL1 electric steering feel is very good. I swear it increased the resistance in the wheel when I was doing stupid stuff at speed to see what the car would do. It was almost telling me -- Hey! Dufus that is turning my wheel way to hard and fast for this speed, STOP IT! With the EP6579 it was sending the same message, but the control was almost video game like in terms of precision. That was made better with our hard core alignment specs, but I had to dial those back to a drag race setup

The ZL1 begs for a pulley and a tune. It screams LET ME LOOSE I WANT TO RUN HARDER PLEASE TAKE THAT WARRANTY PIECE OF POOP PULLEY OFF AND PUT A REAL ONE ON NOW! Drive a pulley and tune ZL1 and you will scream WHO NEEDS A &%$#@*% WARRANTY. We'll I do, but I DON'T CARE! Many ZL1 owners tell me they don't need any mods as the ZL1 is perfect. My answer is you haven't driven a real ZL1 yet It doesn't need crazy mods. The ZL1 needs a few minor mods to go from an amazingly good automobile to RIDICULOUSLY AMAZINGLY GOOD AUTOMOBILE!

My last thought on the subject is, the ZL1 if BEGGING for a set of 19x11s with 305/30s all around. I can't imagine what that would be like. We'll I can but then I would need to change my undies. Send a ZL1 setup Pedders style to the Ring and it will slot between those to amazingly good Vette times if we give the driver sufficient seat time in this two ton Supercar.

The best part of the day at Rodgers, aside from Becky, Maureen, Gerry, Dave and Joe is that it raised the awareness of the need to care for our Wounded Warriors. Becky asked me to tell everyone what we did with the ZL1. I think I said we Pedderised it and them used the rest of my time to talk about our Wounded Warriors and EODs in particular. There is no amount of time or money we can give that will equal what they gave us.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Friend...n/217045682287

http://woundedeodwarrior.org/

Pick a Wounded Warrior Fund and make a donation today. Your mother will be proud of you.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:23 PM   #9342
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet

Drives: SS/RS6sp,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7/Z51,Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Thank you for asking. It went well, very well.

The best part of the day at Rodgers, aside from Becky, Maureen, Gerry, Dave and Joe is that it raised the awareness of the need to care for our Wounded Warriors. Becky asked me to tell everyone what we did with the ZL1. I think I said we Pedderised it and them used the rest of my time to talk about our Wounded Warriors and EODs in particular. There is no amount of time or money we can give that will equal what they gave us.

Pick a Wounded Warrior Fund and make a donation today. Your mother will be proud of you. [/I][/B]

You say it so eloquently...

Thank You Pete!!

Give our best to Deb!!

Happy Mother's Day!

Becky
734-479-7117 ...Direct Line

Available Camaro & Corvette Inventory
My Summit White SS///My Pace Car
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 03:42 PM   #9343
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post

You say it so eloquently...

Thank You Pete!!

Give our best to Deb!!

Happy Mother's Day!

Becky
Becky,

Thank you very much for making me fee at home at Rodgers.
Old 05-13-2012, 04:28 PM   #9344
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
When we go to San Antonio to visit Maria's family, I go by HEB and pick up no less than three pre cooked, pre smoked briskets. Man, those are good!! Down here we smoke a Boston Butt. Stays moist and chops nice.

I feel for those EOD guys. I know a few. Here at Benning we have a Warrior Transition Battalion (WTB). It can really take a toll on you hearing and seeing what these guys and gals have survived. Saw some things first hand just about a decade ago that I wouln't wish on anyone.

I saw the thread with the photos of Kelly's car. Excellent job, but the thing is..... you can't see your goods cause it's all underneath!
Old 05-13-2012, 05:13 PM   #9345
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine

Drives: 2016 Z06?
Pete, considering your experience with the ZL1 with the Pedders changes you've made, how would you compare it to your modiified SS? Thanks.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:02 PM   #9346
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:

You need the Zen Master of all things Q. My buddy Kevin is the absolute best Q man on the planet. The problem is, he doesn't give out his secrets I have asked him to give you a hand. Hop over to FB and friend this guy, Take an oath that his Q secrets go to the grave with you.

http://www.facebook.com/kevin.robinson2

The secret code word is ShnoMac
I will check it out! Thanks Pete!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
Anything remotely related to BBQ, I use very low temps with long, slow cooking times. You can use dry rub spices from the beginning of the process, keep any sauces away until near the end of the process (like I add sauce to my pulled pork once it is cooked and pulled).
Clyde
Thanks for the tip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
one of the hardest meats to cook. good luck. I want to try again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
just like my first attempt with brisket. takes practice man. I youtubed several videos. to figure out how to cook it. lol probably my mistake.
It sure is fun practicing.....
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:30 PM   #9347
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Pete, considering your experience with the ZL1 with the Pedders changes you've made, how would you compare it to your modiified SS? Thanks.
I hope this doesn't offend any ZL1 owners...

The PUSA Camaro was really dialed in from the 305/30/19s all around to the ride height to 568 at the rear wheels. Some guys at GM ran a SIM on it and came up with a 204 MPH top speed after hours. The bench mark was set rather high.

The PUSA Camaro ran ZL1 calipers with full race pads. Because we dropped the car an inch with wheels and tires we had the car on the ground without the suspension in a bind. Our car with fuel and driver track ready was ZL1 empty curb weight.

The ZL1 has brake ducts, a stronger cooled differential, better half shafts, improved rear sway bar geometry, state of the art electronics and more. It is an amazing automobile. It is AWESOME!

Head to head on a road course the PUSA Camaro would be faster. On the street it felt sharper and more crisp. A ZL1 with a pulley, tune, full race brake pads, radius bush inserts, sub-frame inserts, bars, lowering coils and 305/30/19s all around would be faster than the PUSA Camaro and more reliable.

Take a 1LE with a built NA motor, 590 RWHP, a full Justice Package, headers, pads and of course 305/30/19s all around and The ZL1 will be in for a long day.

IMHO
Old 05-13-2012, 09:46 PM   #9348
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Quote:
It sure is fun practicing.....
yes. a brisket in the smoker and a nice cigar or 2 while it cooks. get some friends over and drink a little too while you man the smoker. I think I might do that the first weekend in june.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:54 AM   #9349
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine

Drives: 2016 Z06?
Quote:
I hope this doesn't offend any ZL1 owners...

The PUSA Camaro was really dialed in from the 305/30/19s all around to the ride height to 568 at the rear wheels. Some guys at GM ran a SIM on it and came up with a 204 MPH top speed after hours. The bench mark was set rather high.

The PUSA Camaro ran ZL1 calipers with full race pads. Because we dropped the car an inch with wheels and tires we had the car on the ground without the suspension in a bind. Our car with fuel and driver track ready was ZL1 empty curb weight.

The ZL1 has brake ducts, a stronger cooled differential, better half shafts, improved rear sway bar geometry, state of the art electronics and more. It is an amazing automobile. It is AWESOME!

Head to head on a road course the PUSA Camaro would be faster. On the street it felt sharper and more crisp. A ZL1 with a pulley, tune, full race brake pads, radius bush inserts, sub-frame inserts, bars, lowering coils and 305/30/19s all around would be faster than the PUSA Camaro and more reliable.

Take a 1LE with a built NA motor, 590 RWHP, a full Justice Package, headers, pads and of course 305/30/19s all around and The ZL1 will be in for a long day.

IMHO
Thanks awesome information!
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:23 PM   #9350
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...I wish I could have a gander at Pete's ZL1 and go for spin....

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014