Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 05-23-2012, 11:01 PM   #9419
Fraxum

Drives: 2003 Jetta. At least it's red.
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
The Mustang can be tweaked to get around a road course with a number of braces and other suspension bits. I know that pony well and enjoyed riding it every time I turned the key. The 5th Gen is a different animal. No braces and a few suspension tweaks and she will whisper in your ear as you run through a turn. The Mustang is like slam bam thank you mam sex and the Camaro is long term love affair. They are different, yet the same.

On another note, I am watching my Dad slip away a little bit every day. Dad is still here, but I am now the head of the family. How does that happen? I was at the kid's table for the holidays just yesterday... damn, life goes by in a blink. Make sure you let those around you know how important they are to you and how much you love them every day. That is something my Mom and Dad taught me well. When I was growing up, we didn't have much, but I knew every day that my Mom, Dad, Grand Parents, Aunts and Uncles loved me. When my Kum (Godfather) passed away I was surprised I was asked to be a pall bearer. He was a highly respected man with many grand children and God children. 9 months later his son delivered a birthday card to me. He had written it in his last days. Why? Because I would stop by to visit. The visits were never long, but they were important. Mom and Dad have lived with us for the last 17 years. Mom passed away three years ago in February. Dad has been in rehab and long term care since this time last year.

It all comes down to being selfish. I don't want to see him him fade away. My family has had the gift of living with my parents, their grand parents. It has been a gift for all of us. I now have a job that I never wanted. Helping my Dad finish his journey. Each day we take a few more steps together. He is still my father. He is still teaching me. He handles it with more skill and grace than I do.
I agree with you, the Mustang is very capable. Those who sell it short will be mistaken.

More importantly sorry to hear about your father. I lost my father a few years ago after my mother and as you say it is a strange feeling. Like a vacuum in your life. Appreciate the time you have left. I know I still regret not golfing with him more when he could. I was just so busy with my job and my family. Although I was his primary care taker in his last years I wish I made more time for us together. As they say priceless.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:05 PM   #9420
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Pete, it is never an easy thing. I lost my Dad seven years ago, the years leading up to it was a difficult time for me and certainly made me more aware of my own mortality (I recently turned 63), life does go by fast and the older I get the faster it seems to go. The most comforting thought to me when my Dad passed on was that he no longer had to suffer and was pain free and at peace. You will find a way to work through this time, my wife and I will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers as you all continue your life's journey and you continue your new job of helping your father through his declining years. I too learned about so many things from my Dad in that time frame and I was glad that I had the opportunity to do so.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:06 PM   #9421
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet

Drives: SS/RS6sp,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7/Z51,Z06
Quote:

On another note, I am watching my Dad slip away a little bit every day. Dad is still here, but I am now the head of the family. How does that happen? I was at the kid's table for the holidays just yesterday... damn, life goes by in a blink. Make sure you let those around you know how important they are to you and how much you love them every day. That is something my Mom and Dad taught me well. When I was growing up, we didn't have much, but I knew every day that my Mom, Dad, Grand Parents, Aunts and Uncles loved me. When my Kum (Godfather) passed away I was surprised I was asked to be a pall bearer. He was a highly respected man with many grand children and God children. 9 months later his son delivered a birthday card to me. He had written it in his last days. Why? Because I would stop by to visit. The visits were never long, but they were important. Mom and Dad have lived with us for the last 17 years. Mom passed away three years ago in February. Dad has been in rehab and long term care since this time last year.

It all comes down to being selfish. I don't want to see him him fade away. My family has had the gift of living with my parents, their grand parents. It has been a gift for all of us. I now have a job that I never wanted. Helping my Dad finish his journey. Each day we take a few more steps together. He is still my father. He is still teaching me. He handles it with more skill and grace than I do.
Pete ,
You know how I & Joe feel...
Love you very much..

Becky
734-479-7117 ...Direct Line

Available Camaro & Corvette Inventory
My Summit White SS///My Pace Car
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:02 AM   #9422
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Thank you all. Thank you very much.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:53 AM   #9423
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Oh Pete, that's terrible to hear. I'm so sorry. The support you gave me, which may seem small to you, a couple of months back is here if you need it. Again, so sorry to hear about your Father.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:23 PM   #9424
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Pete, as we've discussed privately, my journey paralleled yours 19 years ago. My dad, on a cold windy weekend in November '92, came in to spend a few warm days with us...and stayed for 7 1/2 months... He passed in "his room", here...leaving an inch at a time...

There's hardly a day, still, that I don't wonder what he would say/do/think/share about this 'n that...and I miss him... It still seems like it was a month ago...

It's simply (?!) our LEGACY. One we embrace, fully, even when we might not wish to. It's what molds us into the "picture" that appears on our personal "canvas". Ever-evolving...a "picture" that is only "complete" when we are...

Embrace this time. It's a genuine "gift".

I lost my brother to a heart attack @ 58...too young and too soon...6 years ago. With him, I did NOT "know"...nor did he...and the "gift", each way, was never shared...

Perhaps someday we'll right that wrong.
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:42 PM   #9425
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine

Drives: 2016 Z06?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Far too much rational thought here. Be careful it might spread to to the rest of the forum.

Well probably not but still rational is why we are here in The House.

It's comical, if I say that here it gets noticed, but not in the other forums.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:54 PM   #9426
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine

Quote:
The Mustang can be tweaked to get around a road course with a number of braces and other suspension bits. I know that pony well and enjoyed riding it every time I turned the key. The 5th Gen is a different animal. No braces and a few suspension tweaks and she will whisper in your ear as you run through a turn. The Mustang is like slam bam thank you mam sex and the Camaro is long term love affair. They are different, yet the same.

Reading this and all the subsequent thoughts brought back memories...and a flood of emotion as I sit here teary eyed in a Starbucks. Yes love your family and make sure they feel it. Life's too short for all of us.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:05 PM   #9427
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
My new wallpaper.....

ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:11 PM   #9428
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
My new wallpaper.....

Very nice....

...just may become mine too...

Old 05-24-2012, 10:12 PM   #9429
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
Very nice....

...just maybe mine too...

Just DOOOOO IIIIITTTTTT
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:14 PM   #9430
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post

Just DOOOOO IIIIITTTTTT
already did....

Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix

Weekend of 6/1-6/3...

Gonna be FUN!!!!

Old 05-24-2012, 10:16 PM   #9431
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine

Didn't they just have a podium finish?
Old 05-24-2012, 10:28 PM   #9432
tooslow
Banned

Drives: 4 Wheels, Gasoline Engine
Yeah, I think 3rd in the Continental race on 5/12.
tooslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:46 PM   #9433
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet

RACE DATE/TIME:Saturday, June 02, 2012 5:05 PM
DURATION:2 Hours 0 Minutes
BROADCAST INFO:June 2, 5:00PM ET, SPEED

ENTRY LIST - GRAND TOURING (GT)

Old 05-25-2012, 10:09 AM   #9434
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Memorial Day Weekend

As we prepare for another long weekend with friends 'n families, please consider this:
Attached Images

LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:35 PM   #9435
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '13 ATS 2.0T & '14 Chevrolet SS
Just got to check out a friends 2013 Mustang GT convertible and it became perfectly clear how GM failed on the weight of the Camaro..................THE MUSTANG IS A SMALLER )&@(;/-(@ING CAR. Holy cow it is tiny in comparison.

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014