Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2011, 06:53 PM   #295
jtcamaro
 
Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro SS2 RS
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Old Bridge, NJ
Posts: 29
If there is an engineer there who can fix my front end
jtcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:24 PM   #296
pnyklr

 
Drives: A Gift From My Wife
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Powder Springs, GA
Posts: 1,557
The reason I ask is it would be a good opportunity to point out the problem to the folks from GM who are attending.

I am pretty sure Scott Settlemire will be there and I would bend his ear about this problem.

Just a thought.

-Funk
pnyklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:07 PM   #297
jtcamaro
 
Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro SS2 RS
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Old Bridge, NJ
Posts: 29
Freeman: Agreed - we need ALL need to complete the form if we want this issue resolved. Here is the link again:

All - please take the time to fill out the SafeCar.gov online complaint form. This is very important and will allow the government to investigate the issue.

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/online.cfm

Office of Defects Investigation (ODI)
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT)
jtcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:09 PM   #298
BloodUSMC
Blood Sucking War Machine
 
Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS - A6
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Northern, NJ
Posts: 661
anyone with 2011 having this problem? Im getting my car soon I hope it doesnt have it.
BloodUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:18 PM   #299
jtcamaro
 
Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro SS2 RS
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Old Bridge, NJ
Posts: 29
Good news!! Chevy took my car this morning to replace the strut mounts per GM's request (after several phone calls and hours on the phone with the Exec Center in Detroit, I also think opening the ticket with NHTSA also helped). I just received a call from them that it was completed so I am heading out now to take a test drive. The dealer said there was definitely an issue with the old strut mounts. The new strut mounts (as documented earlier in this forum) have a new design to eliminate noise.

Stay tuned.

Jeff
jtcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:25 PM   #300
Jayhawk500

 
Jayhawk500's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Warrenton, Or.
Posts: 1,049
So will GM issue a TSB or a recall? That's the real question.
__________________
Jayhawk500

2010 2SS/RS, Six speed, Rally Yellow w/ Black Painted Stripes, Boston Acoustic Stereo, Polished 20" wheels, Solo Mach X Catback Exhaust, Solo HF Cats, Halltech CAI, Full Dash & Door ABL, ABL Lit Homelink Buttons, HUD Installed, Ride Tunes, Full Electric Passenger Seat, Fbodfather signed, VIN # 4492, PAID OFF!!!
2010 Yellow 2SS/RS with black painted Stripes...$37,000.00; Ride Tones sound system and remote...$ 40.00; Seeing the kids faces light up and almost wet their pants....Priceless!!!
Jayhawk500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:05 PM   #301
Lynnspeed
Attitude is Everything!!
 
Lynnspeed's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT RS CGM
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodUSMC View Post
anyone with 2011 having this problem? Im getting my car soon I hope it doesnt have it.

I have a 2011 2LT/RS that has the problem..... not happy!:(
__________________
Lynnspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:06 PM   #302
Lynnspeed
Attitude is Everything!!
 
Lynnspeed's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT RS CGM
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtcamaro View Post
Good news!! Chevy took my car this morning to replace the strut mounts per GM's request (after several phone calls and hours on the phone with the Exec Center in Detroit, I also think opening the ticket with NHTSA also helped). I just received a call from them that it was completed so I am heading out now to take a test drive. The dealer said there was definitely an issue with the old strut mounts. The new strut mounts (as documented earlier in this forum) have a new design to eliminate noise.

Stay tuned.

Jeff
Can't wait to hear the results.... good luck!
__________________
Lynnspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:59 PM   #303
jtcamaro
 
Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro SS2 RS
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Old Bridge, NJ
Posts: 29
I just completed the test drive of my car after the dealer replaced the strut mounts and the car now drives like new and steering even seems much tighter. When I looked at the old strut mounts the bearings seemed worn with a lot of dirt lodged in it and it was definitely not smooth when turining it, there was a lot of friction and also had some play in it as well, it was definitely not tight. The true test will be to see if it stays like this or if the problem reoccurs over time.

GM Exec Center actually called while I was at the dealer so I need to follow up with them to let them know this seemed to correct the problem. Hopefully this will result in an updated TSB instead of the previous one that said this noise was a normal condition.

As for the 2011 Camaro's, they gave me a 2011 LTS to use as a loaner and I can tell you first hand that they have the same problem. If anything it felt worse to me.

I am not sure if this will correct all of these clunking issues but this is definitley good news and seemed ot have corrected my issue!!!

I will keep posting updates to let you all know how the new strut mounts are doing. At this point you need to contact GM, open a case, and reference this case.

Jeff
jtcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:03 PM   #304
68/2010
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
68/2010's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS Rally Yellow
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: TALLAHASSEE,FL
Posts: 4,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtcamaro View Post
I just completed the test drive of my car after the dealer replaced the strut mounts and the car now drives like new and steering even seems much tighter. When I looked at the old strut mounts the bearings seemed worn with a lot of dirt lodged in it and it was definitely not smooth when turining it, there was a lot of friction and also had some play in it as well, it was definitely not tight. The true test will be to see if it stays like this or if the problem reoccurs over time.

GM Exec Center actually called while I was at the dealer so I need to follow up with them to let them know this seemed to correct the problem. Hopefully this will result in an updated TSB instead of the previous one that said this noise was a normal condition.

As for the 2011 Camaro's, they gave me a 2011 LTS to use as a loaner and I can tell you first hand that they have the same problem. If anything it felt worse to me.

I am not sure if this will correct all of these clunking issues but this is definitley good news and seemed ot have corrected my issue!!!

I will keep posting updates to let you all know how the new strut mounts are doing. At this point you need to contact GM, open a case, and reference this case.

Jeff


That's what someone told me this weekend that they thought it might be the strut mounts. I'm hopeing this is it and they are going to do something about it. We paid alot of money for these cars and they need to drive right. That's so much for the infor.
__________________
68/2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:22 PM   #305
bluedevil02

 
bluedevil02's Avatar
 
Drives: 2LT/RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 845
I have the same problem...only thing is i'm dropped on eibach sways and prokit...anyone take there lowered camaro into the dealer yet? that has this issue...
bluedevil02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:54 PM   #306
jtcamaro
 
Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro SS2 RS
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Old Bridge, NJ
Posts: 29
It was torture trying to get them to fix my stock SS so I would be surprised if they replace the strut mounts after the front suspension was modified.

Good Luck.
jtcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:45 PM   #307
bluedevil02

 
bluedevil02's Avatar
 
Drives: 2LT/RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtcamaro View Post
It was torture trying to get them to fix my stock SS so I would be surprised if they replace the strut mounts after the front suspension was modified.

Good Luck.
dang well i guess it wont hurt maybe its a bolt etc...hopefully theyll replace my strut mounts...who knows what theyll say...
bluedevil02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:13 AM   #308
bluedevil02

 
bluedevil02's Avatar
 
Drives: 2LT/RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 845
Well took it in and turns out eibach sway nut was loose n dealer fixed it for free so no more clunk
bluedevil02 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CAMARO WIKI Tran Wiki 54 02-06-2016 12:33 PM
FOUND PETITION TO GET RID OF FRONT PLATES The_Beast_ USA - California 90 03-29-2012 01:54 AM
New Camaro photoshop with beefier front end, drop and smoked wheels Tran Camaro Photoshops / Renderings Forum 60 10-25-2010 07:02 PM
2010 Camaro SS -- New closeup of front end: Photos only. Tran Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 1 07-17-2008 11:09 PM
2 more 2009 Camaro spy pics - fuel door location shown! (+ front headlights closeup) HooliganZ Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 369 07-02-2008 10:09 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.