Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-06-2011, 12:37 PM   #443
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I have my fingers crossed. I think we might be getting some help soon. I hope... I have faith that more folks will look into this for us.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:53 PM   #444
jtcamaro

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro SS2 RS
Sorry - been out of town. I will post my work order tonight that shows the parts that Chevy replaced (strut mounts) that fixed all of the front end noises. This should help a lot.

Jeff
jtcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 01:00 PM   #445
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Looking forward to seeing what was replaced. Hopefully it's just one or two parts so it'll better narrow down where the noise was coming from.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:32 PM   #446
Johnblaze

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V-6
who can we all email?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtcamaro View Post
After several follow up emails and calls to the person I have been dealing with in Detroit, they promised that they now passed all of the information along to the person that heads up the suspension team at GM. She validated that he received all of my emails, this forum link and the GM bulletin that was posted in this forum as well. They are going to try and duplicate the issue and try to come up with a resolution ASAP. They promised to get back to me no later than Friday, possibly sooner if they have an update.

All we can do is wait and see what happens.
Johnblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:39 AM   #447
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

PM me the info. I'd like to see.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:32 AM   #448
Brolik10
BLOWN!!!

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS
Post it...
Old 07-08-2011, 10:31 AM   #449
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Drives: 2001 Ws6
Guys n gals this I'd sad but true!

My brothers car has been to the dealer for work, he started complaining to me about a popping rattle type noise coming from the front strut on the drivers side, that I finally heard because it wasnt consistent. I took it to my buddys shop and we noticed that both motor mount nuts from under the car were LOOSE!!!!

Do me a favor and check yours ASAP.

I'll post pics up later.

Goodluck with yours
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.

Last edited by litle88; 07-08-2011 at 10:52 AM.
litle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:20 AM   #450
gr8whitebuff

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss
My 2ss makes the same popping noise when I'm going over bumps at a slow speed going 2 call after work 2 get her in 2 be looked at
gr8whitebuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:29 AM   #451
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

have'em check ALL the bolts.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:51 AM   #452
gr8whitebuff

Hey tag has any one found the exact fix 4 this prob yet sad so many owners have 2 go through this
Old 07-08-2011, 12:01 PM   #453
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

The exact problem is unknown and I don't know if they are going to ever say it's one thing in particular. I think there's another person who has a lot of experience with this and I'm going to be kept informed.

With all the folks that have gone through this, we've found numerous issues. Loose end links up front, loose Sway bar mounts, strut mounts, strut bearings, now a loose engine mount, ... I have the loose end link that mounts to the strut now and need to get that bolt off and replaced. Once that happens, we'll see if my noises stop.

I'll keep y'all informed of what we hear.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:34 PM   #454
gr8whitebuff

Sounds good
Old 07-08-2011, 02:36 PM   #455
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Drives: 2001 Ws6
This is what we found on the drivers side

And the passenger side

So when he'd hit the gas the motor would come up from frame and click, bang, rattle and thump causing the noise.
also when he'd make a turn or hit a bump the frame would leave the motor suspended in air and it would come down on the frame.

Check your stuff and make sure it's tight. You know ever since my dad bought a 1992 454SS me and my brother have been GM fans. Since I was the oldest my first car was a 94 z28 we learned how to drive racing lightnings and mustangs all over Chicago. We still are fans of the General but some of these "GM mechanics" need to be frickin more careful of what they are doing! This is their bread and butter and if they take pride in what they do then we take pride in having a trouble free car, and once we have that pride them that makes us customers for life. It's a circle but it starts with them the builders and servicemen and women. I guess rant over and back on topic!
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.
litle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:53 PM   #456
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
It came from the factory with loose nuts on the sub-frame or a dealer left them loose?
Quote:
Originally Posted by litle88 View Post
This is what we found on the drivers side

And the passenger side

So when he'd hit the gas the motor would come up from frame and click, bang, rattle and thump causing the noise.
also when he'd make a turn or hit a bump the frame would leave the motor suspended in air and it would come down on the frame.

Check your stuff and make sure it's tight. You know ever since my dad bought a 1992 454SS me and my brother have been GM fans. Since I was the oldest my first car was a 94 z28 we learned how to drive racing lightnings and mustangs all over Chicago. We still are fans of the General but some of these "GM mechanics" need to be frickin more careful of what they are doing! This is their bread and butter and if they take pride in what they do then we take pride in having a trouble free car, and once we have that pride them that makes us customers for life. It's a circle but it starts with them the builders and servicemen and women. I guess rant over and back on topic!
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 05:23 PM   #457
mbacamaross

Drives: 07 tahoe LT 04 silverado SS
its my car, little8 is my brother that took car to a trystworthy mech!
DEALER LEFT IT LIKE THAT.. I GOT A CALL TODAY FROM DEALER OWNER AND SERVICE MANAGER! THEY SEEMED DISGUSTED..
TOLD:
THEY CANT FIRE TECH BUT WILL DO ALL POSSIBLE TO LET HIS UNION KNOW WHAT HAPPENED!
ALSO TOLD 'POINT BLANK HOW CAN WE MAKE IT UP? WHAT DO YOU WANT?"
I TOLD THEM IM TOO PISSED TODAY, WILL CALL BACK ON MONDAY!
Old 07-08-2011, 05:25 PM   #458
pnyklr

Drives: A Gift From My Wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbacamaross View Post
I TOLD THEM IM TOO PISSED TODAY, WILL CALL BACK ON MONDAY!
That my friend is right minded thinking. Take the weekend to cool off and think about it. Good luck Monday.

-Funk
2012 Convert 2SS/RS SW/IO LS3 - Build #1081

07/21/2011 - (3800) Order produced and vehicle is being prepared for shipping.
08/09/2011 - (4200) Shipped (vehicle is shipped to the dealer or interim point of delivery).
08/16/2011 - (5000) Vehicle has been delivered to dealer.
08/19/2011 - In my possession.
pnyklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 05:31 PM   #459
mbacamaross

Drives: 07 tahoe LT 04 silverado SS
HERE IS MY EMAIL TO THEM...
I apologized for the grammar and mispellings, i was at work and i did it thru my iphone as quick as possible..

To Whom It May Concern:

2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS

My Name is Mateo

please have marco (service tech) present when you read this email! as he is vital to this ordeal!

Im writting this email in regards to my car and services performed on my car since 2009.
Let me begin from the start of my Expirience at grossinger.
1) the day I purchased my vehicle (camaro) my truck was damage by a valet, the whole rear bumper and tail lamp had to be replaced! i was ok with that issue since grossinger picked up the tab and admited fault, they had no choice, but nevertheless it still left sour taste.

2) the very first time I took my car in for service regarding calipers and seats, my car had front end damage, small but damage anyways, grossinger fixed it, no problem, i understand accidents happen!

3) march 2011...the second time i took my car in for service, electrical problem, the car was fixed, yet as i drove home, the car stalled once again... and would not start..as i opened trunk to get access to my battery for a jump, we noticed that the nut that held cables was totally loose!! no problem i tightend it on the spot and waaaaala car strated and had no more issues!!

3-a)the problem with this is that it was very crucial. how about if while i was on shoulder of hwy and a semi or other vehicle slammed into me??? it has happend!! my issue is what if I or my kids would have gotten hurt?? because of a careless mistake? would Gm or grossinger warranty me or my family? there is no warranty for this!! that was my issue! forget the damn car, my kids safety is first and as a reputable service dept grossinger SHOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR going over parts that were loosend or removed!

4) may-june 2011.....took in my car for oil cooler replacement. keep in mind i baby my car! marco (service advisor) is well aware of this. i was forced to drive my car for many miles to demonstrate that it was a leak (dye was added to engine oil to locate source) now i have less than 10k miles on my car since delivery in 09!

i got a call from service manager that someone might have tampered with cooler bolt when installing after market headers and exhaust, but that grossinger will still replace oil cooler and it was a TSB anyways. yet i was under my car the entire time headeres where installed (by very reputable shop ) i took pics of install for my personal preference, and i am 10000000% sure oil cooler was never touched! i did not make big deal of this since it was going to be replaced anyways. when i picked up my car i even thanked manager for help and service.

took car home, parked in garaged, covered and stored.. since then drove maybe 15 times.. to car shows, gatherings etc etc and car was making thumping noise, and it got louder after every use.. untill one day i heard a ping as if something fell (sounded like when you drop a tool / bolt / nail on floor) pulled over immediately and checked gauges and look under car..
decided to call marco, service advisor, to take car in and have a look at since grossinger was the last one to touch my car.
since i am a very busy person due to my business I could not take it in a timely manner and made an appointment (car was stored since the noise and not driven, like i mentioned before my car is babied) . i did not keep appointment due to a very serious family emergency ( i told marco).

THE BIG PROBLEM!
when i returned to chicago, i decided to have my car towed to a very very good mechanic, just to have my car looked at NOT TOUCHED or REPAIRED! why? because i lost trust in grossinger and didnt want to be taken, or lied to. i wanted him to look at it and tell me his opinion (cost out of my pocket) then get grossingers opinion!

well turns out my enging mount bolts (both mounts) were loose never tighted back!!
WHAT THE HELL IS THIS! i know for a fact that the enginge mounts had to be loosened to get full access to oil cooler ! and the last person to touch that area was grossinger tech!!!!!!

now i have calmed down since them.. REREAD 3-A)...
WHAT HELL is the matter with your techs??? this was soooo dangeours, in soooo many ways?
a)what if engine would have been destroyed?
b) what if i would have killed myself or family if something broke off and caused accident?
c) who would be responsible???

i know gm/grossinger would have tried to point finger some place else, its common practice among dealers, but the good thing is that I know my car better than anyone.. and now or under oath im 100000% sure no one has touch my engine bolts but grossinger, there is no if and or buts about it!

look at the pictures attached. the sound i told you that the car made one day (as if a tool feel) well it was the bolt! bolt was totally missing!!

THERE IS NO EXCUSE HERE! THIS TIME THERE IS NOT!!
I BABY MY CAR, SO SOME DICK CAN BE CARELESS WITH IT??
I CARE FOR MY FAM AND MY SAFETY, SO SOME GROSSINGER TECH CAN BE CARELESS??
FORGET MY CAMARO FOR A SECOND, WHAT IF SOMETHING WOULD HAVE HAPPENED TO ME OR MY FAMILY?? THAT IS WHAT PISSES ME OFF THE MOST!!
SECOND IS THE CARELESSNESS NOT ONCE BUT MORE THAT 3 TIMES!

the reason im sending this email is because i want something to be done!! plain and simple. i dont want "sorry' or "apologies' that is a given.. i know its not your fault or marco for that matter, but these tech are under YOUR supervision!
i want a follow up email or call,,, you want to inspect my car? send a tow truck out for it.. or i can bring it iN and have a loaner ready For mw..
THAT IS NOT AN ISSUE!
car bolts have been bolted back! and secured and mechanic gave it a once over on parts that i told him grossinger/gm has replaced, just for my peace of mind, $$ out of my pocket that my "warranty' and "responsible" tech @ grossinger should have resolved since day one!

im a big gm guy, currently 04 silverado ss and 07 tahoe. but i come from cavaliers to montecarlos, to astro vans to 454ss truck ....my dad brought us up that way.. .. never had issues with none! none! a car is as good as it is taken care of, and mine has been shitted on! by grossinger techs! im sorry but that is the only word that comes to mind!

i honestly dont know what to say!!, do you honestly think i feel comfortable buying 2nd car from grossinger? i have sent 3 customer since i purchased my car there, all 3 bought cars and for what? what service will they get!? did i ask for anything in return? NO! i did it because i build relationships, it part of my business and in my personal life also!

this email might seem to be alittle long but it was necessary for you to understand what exactly i have been thru at grossinger.. to demonstrate my patience for grossinger, to demonstrate my understanding that accidents happen to all of us. but to what limit do i have to be patient and loyal if i dont get it in return. its a 2 way street.
im still a Gm guy no matter what. it has nothing to do with the service i recieved at grossinger. i would also like to mention that one of the reasons if not more.. is i kept on going back to your service dept was because of marco.. he always returned my calls, kept me informed on progress of car! assured my that car is in good hands, he made me feel that he was on my team and got the job done.. he went above and beyond (in my opinion) his job!

review the pictures sent and im looking foward to your comments!

Mateo Velazquez
AVM inc