Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2010, 11:23 PM   #85
Sevn86


 
Sevn86's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS ABM
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sugar Land, TX
Posts: 13,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAP 1401 View Post
If this sound is being caused by debris. The debris is not coming from the highway. I ordered my car and it made this noise on the drive home from the dealer. GM needs to address this problem and find a fix for it.
ya cuz i was gonna say my car has never been driven on anything except cement...so how did the debris get there...
__________________
2LT, RS, AT6 ABM, Gray Leather
Quote:
Originally Posted by baclarsen View Post
Dude, you go through cars faster than I go through underware!!
1000 Initial Order 9/14/2009 - Classic Chevy Sugar Land
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 9/15/2009 - NPGV41.
2000 Order accepted by GM: 9/29/2009
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 9/30/2009 - TPW 10/26/09
3100 Sequenced:10/12/09
3300 Scheduled For Production:10/13/09
3400 Broadcast:10/22/09
3800 Produced:10/27/09
4000 Available To Ship:10/28/09
4200 Shipped:10/29/09
5000 Delivered To The Dealer:11/09/09
6000 Delivered To Customer:11/12/09
Sevn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:25 PM   #86
Sevn86


 
Sevn86's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS ABM
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sugar Land, TX
Posts: 13,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAP 1401 View Post
If this sound is being caused by debris. The debris is not coming from the highway. I ordered my car and it made this noise on the drive home from the dealer. GM needs to address this problem and find a fix for it.
Sure, not a problem i will let you know as i have to go back to them cuz while they were fixing my car they dented/ scratched my rim so i will get the part numbers for the parts they used to fix my problem...
__________________
2LT, RS, AT6 ABM, Gray Leather
Quote:
Originally Posted by baclarsen View Post
Dude, you go through cars faster than I go through underware!!
1000 Initial Order 9/14/2009 - Classic Chevy Sugar Land
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 9/15/2009 - NPGV41.
2000 Order accepted by GM: 9/29/2009
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 9/30/2009 - TPW 10/26/09
3100 Sequenced:10/12/09
3300 Scheduled For Production:10/13/09
3400 Broadcast:10/22/09
3800 Produced:10/27/09
4000 Available To Ship:10/28/09
4200 Shipped:10/29/09
5000 Delivered To The Dealer:11/09/09
6000 Delivered To Customer:11/12/09
Sevn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 12:36 AM   #87
Info@PeddersUSA.com
 
Info@PeddersUSA.com's Avatar
 
Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New England
Posts: 1,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevn86 View Post
Just got back from the dealer and guess what the noise is gone!!! they replaced the strut mounts and said that there was debris in both the front struts...but i dont get how that got there since ive never driven the car anywhere except on a paved road...well i guess it doesnt matter anymore since that took care of the problem...
Thre is a technical info on this since June of last year on this exact problem . It is nothing that you did



mike

Last edited by Info@PeddersUSA.com; 02-20-2010 at 07:41 PM.
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 05:35 PM   #88
pnyklr

 
Drives: A Gift From My Wife
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Powder Springs, GA
Posts: 1,549
Hey Mike,

Care to share the bulletin number or a copy of it?

-Funk
pnyklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:53 PM   #89
pnyklr

 
Drives: A Gift From My Wife
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Powder Springs, GA
Posts: 1,549
TTT
pnyklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:11 AM   #90
SilverIce1
Silver Ice
 
Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT Automatic
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 191
Well, mine is fixed! I am riding quiet again.

While there is a design flaw in the bearing that allows dirt to get in, that was not my problem yet. It would have been someday when the dirt ruined the bearing so i am glad my error produced this repair.

The real problem was that one of the mounting bolts for my front sway bar had backed out. I tightened it up and now all is well.

Good luck to the rest of you!
SilverIce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:24 AM   #91
Beandip2811
#25263
 
Beandip2811's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Fremont, NE
Posts: 342
Mine has been making this noise since it was new. I just thought it was "normal" because I driven a couple of the ones we have on the lot and I heard a simular noise. I hope it is as simple as the sway bar bolts needing to be tightened.
__________________
Beandip2811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:51 AM   #92
Info@PeddersUSA.com
 
Info@PeddersUSA.com's Avatar
 
Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New England
Posts: 1,904
The sway bar jobs I have done on Camaros, those bolts had thread lock on them. Glad you found it.

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:56 PM   #93
pnyklr

 
Drives: A Gift From My Wife
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Powder Springs, GA
Posts: 1,549
Seven Day Bump

-Funk
pnyklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:18 AM   #94
pnyklr

 
Drives: A Gift From My Wife
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Powder Springs, GA
Posts: 1,549
Seven Day Bump

-Funk
pnyklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:32 PM   #95
Coop

 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lawton/Fort Sill, OK
Posts: 1,633
I have this problem but only when I back up and hit a bump. I have a small incline to the front part of my driveway and when I back over it and hit the brakes it pops big time. Sound like the same issue as you guys have?
__________________
2010 Camaro 1SS Inferno Orange Magnusson Supercharger Installed and Tuned by ADM Performance, Roto Fab CAI IOM painted, MBRP Cat Back Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Shifter, Clear Image Headers, Pedders coilovers, BMR Front/Rear sway bars Trailing Arms and End Links, VMax ported TB
Coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 11:27 PM   #96
kencarguy
kencarguy
 
kencarguy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS- Inferno Orange w/Black
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Haddon Heights, NJ
Posts: 26
Mine is "All noises ...... All the time". It truly sounds like the bad strut noises I had in my 1997 Camaro when I sold it to buy this one....I hear the noise on bumps and potholes. It makes no difference if the suspension is traveling up or down. The noise still sounds like something is loose up front.

My dealer showed me a tech bulletin for a noise in the rear. I am pretty sure this is in front. Have had this noise since 500 mi....Now have 6,000.

What was that you said??? I coudn't hear you because of the noise under my BRAND NEW CAR !!!


Does anyone know of a "fix"?

Thanks!
KenCarGuy
kencarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:53 AM   #97
Info@PeddersUSA.com
 
Info@PeddersUSA.com's Avatar
 
Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New England
Posts: 1,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by kencarguy View Post
Mine is "All noises ...... All the time". It truly sounds like the bad strut noises I had in my 1997 Camaro when I sold it to buy this one....I hear the noise on bumps and potholes. It makes no difference if the suspension is traveling up or down. The noise still sounds like something is loose up front.

My dealer showed me a tech bulletin for a noise in the rear. I am pretty sure this is in front. Have had this noise since 500 mi....Now have 6,000.

What was that you said??? I coudn't hear you because of the noise under my BRAND NEW CAR !!!


Does anyone know of a "fix"?

Thanks!
KenCarGuy
what is the bulletin about for the rear?

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 01:30 PM   #98
pnyklr

 
Drives: A Gift From My Wife
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Powder Springs, GA
Posts: 1,549
Mike,

In all your testing have you guys not experienced the front end noise?

-Funk
pnyklr is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CAMARO WIKI Tran Wiki 54 02-06-2016 11:33 AM
FOUND PETITION TO GET RID OF FRONT PLATES The_Beast_ USA - California 90 03-29-2012 12:54 AM
New Camaro photoshop with beefier front end, drop and smoked wheels Tran Camaro Photoshops / Renderings Forum 60 10-25-2010 06:02 PM
2010 Camaro SS -- New closeup of front end: Photos only. Tran Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 1 07-17-2008 10:09 PM
2 more 2009 Camaro spy pics - fuel door location shown! (+ front headlights closeup) HooliganZ Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 369 07-02-2008 09:09 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.