Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-01-2016, 10:24 AM   #1
Stamacy

Drives: 2015 1LE SS, 2014 Z51 Corvette
Seat Bolsters - Cushion Removal

Hi All. I have a '15 1LE SS and am looking to remove some padding from my seat, particularly in the bolster area, to help ease the tension off my surgery leg. Does anyone have experience with this or a quick tutorial? I also have a '14 Corvette and was able to do this pretty easily thanks to the help of Corvette forum but was unable to find any information here through a few different searches for my Camaro. I'm sure the process is similar in terms of procedure and difficulty but wanted to get some input before I go in and start exploring.

Thanks in advance!
Stamacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:34 PM   #2
camaro2ss/rs

Drives: 2ss/rs
so you want to open the seat to take out some padding... i had back surgery and have 60 percent permanent nerve damage in the leg.. and i still would not do this.. this has to be the craziest thing i have ever heard or seen on camaro5.. looks like you have some money why not bring it somewhere and have the shop do it..
camaro2ss/rs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 11:45 PM   #3
Stamacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2ss/rs View Post
so you want to open the seat to take out some padding... i had back surgery and have 60 percent permanent nerve damage in the leg.. and i still would not do this.. this has to be the craziest thing i have ever heard or seen on camaro5.. looks like you have some money why not bring it somewhere and have the shop do it..
Not sure what the issue is with removing padding from the bolster but to answer the latter, I was quoted $600 from an upholster so I was exploring other avenues before spending the money.
Old 06-03-2016, 10:52 AM   #4
camaro2ss/rs

Drives: 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamacy View Post
Not sure what the issue is with removing padding from the bolster but to answer the latter, I was quoted $600 from an upholster so I was exploring other avenues before spending the money.
good for you... never heard of this before good luck
camaro2ss/rs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 06:08 PM   #5
Rocky1974

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS M6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamacy View Post
Hi All. I have a '15 1LE SS and am looking to remove some padding from my seat, particularly in the bolster area, to help ease the tension off my surgery leg. Does anyone have experience with this or a quick tutorial? I also have a '14 Corvette and was able to do this pretty easily thanks to the help of Corvette forum but was unable to find any information here through a few different searches for my Camaro. I'm sure the process is similar in terms of procedure and difficulty but wanted to get some input before I go in and start exploring.

Thanks in advance!
I see that you have a 1LE. Do you have Recaros? If you have the regular SS seats, I've had the bottom covers off of both of mine and it was no big deal. You only have to remove 2 bolts and disconnect 1 electrical connector to get the seat out. Once the seat is out, you remove a couple of covers and few bolts to separate the bottom from the back. There is a harness that runs from the bottom to the back. You can disconnect this harness by unzipping the seat back cover and disconnecting a couple of connectors. The bottom cover is held on with hog rings. You cut the hog rings to remove the cover, so you will need hog rings and hog ring pliers to put it back on. Hope this helps.
2010 RJT 2SS M6, Kooks Long Tubes, CAI Cold Air w/Jannetty Scoop, RotoFab Washer Bottle, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MGW Shifter w/ZL1 Shaft and Knob, 2012 Heater Hose Conversion, 2012 Power Seat Conversion, RS Head Lights w/Gen5DIY RS Conversion Harness, Gen5DIY LED Fog lamp Bulbs, Heritage Grille w/Retro SS Emblem, NLP Spoiler, Custom Painted White Stripes, WCC LS3 Emblems, Blacked Out Tail Light Panel w/Retro SS Emblem, 416 RWHP, 411 RWT, Tuned by BlueCat.
Rocky1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 10:50 AM   #6
Stamacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky1974 View Post
I see that you have a 1LE. Do you have Recaros? If you have the regular SS seats, I've had the bottom covers off of both of mine and it was no big deal. You only have to remove 2 bolts and disconnect 1 electrical connector to get the seat out. Once the seat is out, you remove a couple of covers and few bolts to separate the bottom from the back. There is a harness that runs from the bottom to the back. You can disconnect this harness by unzipping the seat back cover and disconnecting a couple of connectors. The bottom cover is held on with hog rings. You cut the hog rings to remove the cover, so you will need hog rings and hog ring pliers to put it back on. Hope this helps.
This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you very much! And nice spaniel