Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
HURST
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2009, 03:21 PM   #15
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 14,817
__________________

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:26 PM   #16
coolman
Guest
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 4,812
their goes the nieghborhood , look out ford.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:27 PM   #17
cliffy
Chevy Power Forever
 
cliffy's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 Dusk Blue Z/28, 2015 Red Z/28
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Flagstaff AZ
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
Atleast it's keeping the Legacy alive in a good way...not like they plan on making slouches or camaros that will hurt the name
Lets hope, but a drawing and being a company owned by a Yenko enthusiast/owner does not a Yenko make. Not trying to be controversial, just giving an objective opinion.
__________________
Cliffy
cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:29 PM   #18
1320junkie
Account Suspended
 
Drives: The Imperial Army
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Darkside
Posts: 15,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffy View Post
Lets hope, but a drawing and being a company owned by a Yenko enthusiast/owner does not a Yenko make. Not trying to be controversial, just giving an objective opinion.
No I understand what you are saying and im not trying to argue with you. I remember awhile ago when I read the plans and I just did a little research thats all
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:30 PM   #19
Vega
 
Vega's Avatar
 
Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 589
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffy View Post
Too bad its a Yenko in name only..... If Don Yenko were still alive you have to wonder what would have been. Licensing is one thing, having real heritage is another. Next you will hear they are continuation cars because the name was bought, still does not make them real Yenkos
I disagree, even when Yenko was in business it was still a business building these cars, Don Yenko didnt hand build those cars he had a team of people working on it the same as these guys will, personally i LOVE the idea, i never thought the new age muscle car wars would get this involved but now im like a kid in a candy store haha...the only thing i disagree with is the whole "phase" idea, all shops are doing "three phase" projects and i just dont like it, if you're gonna buy a Yenko it should be THE Yenko rather than one of three models cause you know no matter what someone will give you grief for it, they'll either say "well its not as fast as it SHOULD be" or they'll say "well its not as nice of a ride as it SHOULD be" so i would preffer just one model, plus thats how it was back when and i support that...also i hope these dont end up being $80,000 cars >={ we have WAY too much of that crap goin around, the new Camaros arent exactly the cheapest cars ever as it is, i hope these guys dont go balls-out with the price
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:31 PM   #20
cliffy
Chevy Power Forever
 
cliffy's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 Dusk Blue Z/28, 2015 Red Z/28
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Flagstaff AZ
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
No I understand what you are saying and im not trying to argue with you. I remember awhile ago when I read the plans and I just did a little research thats all

I dig the rims though Junkie, sure would like to see the piece in the flesh or at least some pics from SEMA
__________________
Cliffy
cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:33 PM   #21
Vega
 
Vega's Avatar
 
Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 589
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
Afterthought: Can anyone say reproduction of Dynacorn 69' Camaros straight from Yenko?? =D
(none of that CARS licensing crap, those are retarted at $130k and its not even Yenko building them)
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:33 PM   #22
1320junkie
Account Suspended
 
Drives: The Imperial Army
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Darkside
Posts: 15,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffy View Post
I dig the rims though Junkie, sure would like to see the piece in the flesh or at least some pics from SEMA
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:37 PM   #23
SlingShot


 
SlingShot's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Seminole, Fl.
Posts: 7,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCI CamaroFan View Post
Do they have any affiliation to the old Don Yenko dealership, or are they just trying to capitalize on a name that isn't theirs?

They bought the rights to the name, and are doing the right thing with it..... More power to them and hope it works out....
__________________
SlingShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:43 PM   #24
1sickss
 
Drives: BADDEST SS IN ATL!!!!
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 634
i likey
1sickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:47 PM   #25
Shifty 6
 
Drives: 2010 GTI
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Morton, IL
Posts: 679
If "phase 1" is a 600 hp car, what are phase 2 and 3 going to be? The cynic in me says the originals were COPO cars, not a collection of some aftermarket parts.
Shifty 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:48 PM   #26
cliffy
Chevy Power Forever
 
cliffy's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 Dusk Blue Z/28, 2015 Red Z/28
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Flagstaff AZ
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post
I disagree, even when Yenko was in business it was still a business building these cars, Don Yenko didnt hand build those cars he had a team of people working on it the same as these guys will, personally i LOVE the idea, i never thought the new age muscle car wars would get this involved but now im like a kid in a candy store haha...the only thing i disagree with is the whole "phase" idea, all shops are doing "three phase" projects and i just dont like it, if you're gonna buy a Yenko it should be THE Yenko rather than one of three models cause you know no matter what someone will give you grief for it, they'll either say "well its not as fast as it SHOULD be" or they'll say "well its not as nice of a ride as it SHOULD be" so i would preffer just one model, plus thats how it was back when and i support that...also i hope these dont end up being $80,000 cars >={ we have WAY too much of that crap goin around, the new Camaros arent exactly the cheapest cars ever as it is, i hope these guys dont go balls-out with the price
If you read the press article further in depth that was published in Vette Mag, this gentleman is teaming up with various specialty vehicle manufacturers to formulate the car not necessarily in his own production facitlity. Don Yenko was a businessman, but he had his own facility, employees and kids he paid 5 bucks to to "steeker" the cars. That to me is a big difference.

And I will step into the Dynacorn continuation cars arena. To me a newly manufactured 69 replica with a real 427 BB and labled a Yenko continuation car has more appeal and street cred to an old gearhead like me than a 2010 Yenkhennessey clone ever will. I just take issue with the price they are asking for them.
__________________
Cliffy
cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:55 PM   #27
Vega
 
Vega's Avatar
 
Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 589
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty 6 View Post
If "phase 1" is a 600 hp car, what are phase 2 and 3 going to be? The cynic in me says the originals were COPO cars, not a collection of some aftermarket parts.
Hm yeah they should keep to the original way they built these, of course these are Yenkos and not COPOs but still i see where you're comin from and i agree...also they said this is supposed to be a supercharged LS engine, seems like they may end up stepping on GM's toes for their idea of the new Z/28 haha (personally i opted for the LS7 over the LSA so id still be happy, LOL)
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 04:00 PM   #28
Vega
 
Vega's Avatar
 
Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 589
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffy View Post
If you read the press article further in depth that was published in Vette Mag, this gentleman is teaming up with various specialty vehicle manufacturers to formulate the car not necessarily in his own production facitlity. Don Yenko was a businessman, but he had his own facility, employees and kids he paid 5 bucks to to "steeker" the cars. That to me is a big difference.

And I will step into the Dynacorn continuation cars arena. To me a newly manufactured 69 replica with a real 427 BB and labled a Yenko continuation car has more appeal and street cred to an old gearhead like me than a 2010 Yenkhennessey clone ever will. I just take issue with the price they are asking for them.

Yeah i agreed with you more after i saw more of the discussion, lol, but im still all for these new Yenkos, same stuff with new management in my oppinion haha, but yeah i totally agree with the dynacorns and price and all, if a shop started producing brand new 69' Camaros (be it Yenkos or not) at an affordable price (none of this 100k+ crap) not only would it be completely amazing but it would be awsome for business as well, i really hope this new Yenko looks into it, or even someone else as long as their willing to do it right and put the right price on it
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Camaro Hood Stripes Package details (+ IMAGES) rolnslo Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 185 04-28-2013 10:25 AM
Answeres to questions I have stumbled on dieseldave24v 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 13 02-23-2009 06:56 PM
2010 Camaro for SEMA -- New Videos: GM Performance Parts teases socialomar Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 142 11-04-2008 11:55 PM
4 SEMA CAMAROS finally unveiled by GM! (hi-res images & details) FenwickHockey65 Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 237 11-03-2008 10:39 PM
URGENT: CAMARO ANNOUNCEMENT Mr. Wyndham 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 194 07-21-2008 03:14 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.