Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

autoguy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:42 PM   #51
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikesZ View Post
FYI, the owner of the company who bought the Yenko rights owns an original Yenko Camaro, grew up in Detroit during the muscle car era, and is a muscle car enthusiast...so these could be quite good. Bottom line: if they help sell more Camaros and keep the breed alive then it is a good thing.
I sure hope so. I wouldn't want to be in his shoes. The Yenko name is so legendary I'd be afraid to take this on. More power to him. I hope he sells 100k of them!
Old 10-29-2009, 07:50 PM   #52
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
See i was pretty shocked when people started talking this down, i mean dont forget that CARS company is reproducing official 69' Yenko Camaros out of Dynacorn bodies and people didnt knock on them nearly as much...this just kinda took me by surprise haha

As for my other discussion, i mean i can understand if you have a car with unique historical significance (like the very first Z/28 ever made or something) but just a 69' SS Chevelle or somethin, i mean come on even if its in good condition drive that mofo! LOL...actually this reminds me of an interesting story i just learned about, the ZL1 69' Corvettes, apparently there are three known to exist today, two are in collections and never driven at all and one is actually still used by a racer as a circuit race car (engine was swapped with another 427 to protect the originality) but still, there's one of the rarest muscle cars out there and its being raced on a circuit haha, more power to him!
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:03 PM   #53
1320junkie
Account Suspended

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post
See i was pretty shocked when people started talking this down, i mean dont forget that CARS company is reproducing official 69' Yenko Camaros out of Dynacorn bodies and people didnt knock on them nearly as much...this just kinda took me by surprise haha

As for my other discussion, i mean i can understand if you have a car with unique historical significance (like the very first Z/28 ever made or something) but just a 69' SS Chevelle or somethin, i mean come on even if its in good condition drive that mofo! LOL...actually this reminds me of an interesting story i just learned about, the ZL1 69' Corvettes, apparently there are three known to exist today, two are in collections and never driven at all and one is actually still used by a racer as a circuit race car (engine was swapped with another 427 to protect the originality) but still, there's one of the rarest muscle cars out there and its being raced on a circuit haha, more power to him!
CARS works on all of my classics..matter of fact I was just up there the other day here are some pics of one of my cars from in front of their building.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49690
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:18 PM   #54
gatorblue camaro

Drives: 10 2ss/rs abm camaro
this to me is a way to steal some of the roush fans. with stage one mostly appearance but some performance stage two is better and stage three is the one you want but cant afford well at least most of us. and yenko isnt selling out gm and who ever needed a good name for people to trust and not mind spending more money than doing the upgrades themselves. still wouldnt mind having one tho
gatorblue camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:40 PM   #55
cliffy
Chevy Power Forever

Drives: 1970 Chevelle SS454, 2010 SSRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
CARS works on all of my classics..matter of fact I was just up there the other day here are some pics of one of my cars from in front of their building.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49690
True Dat!!

If I had the money I'd buy a Yenko Continuation car from CARS because it is as close as you could come to an exact replica of the REAL thing before I'd spend 80k on yet another 2010 TVS 2300 blower car. I just wish they weren't 130k, but there is a lot of handwork in those cars that the 69's didn't have and I realize why perhaps they cost that much
Old 10-29-2009, 08:45 PM   #56
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
wow...continuation Yenkos are okay but Yenko Yenkos are just trademark rip offs, LOL, i think ive heard everything xD

I do agree with the blower thing though, im tired of this supercharging craze, i much preffer n/a cars, id like to see an LS7 Yenko, it'd be much more appealing to me and itd be an amazing shout out to the originals
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:18 PM   #57
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Not all Yenko's were COPO's

I wish them the best of luck.

"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time."
"I was doing fine until about mid-corner when I ran out of talent."
"Don't brake until you see God, just don't meet him"
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:28 PM   #58
Sweet Lola
#42,288

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Send a message via Yahoo to Sweet Lola
What is poor Ford going to do now...they clung to their Cobra and now...Camaro out-does them again! Can't wait!

Darren
Sweet Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:53 PM   #59
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
the modifications aren't overdone like all the other rice editions out there...would like to see a real life version
Old 10-29-2009, 09:56 PM   #60
cliffy
Chevy Power Forever

Drives: 1970 Chevelle SS454, 2010 SSRS
Quote:
wow...continuation Yenkos are okay but Yenko Yenkos are just trademark rip offs, LOL, i think ive heard everything xD

I do agree with the blower thing though, im tired of this supercharging craze, i much preffer n/a cars, id like to see an LS7 Yenko, it'd be much more appealing to me and itd be an amazing shout out to the originals
Well how does buying the trademark make it any more of a Yenko really?? other than legitimacy to the badging?

If the guy that is going through with this is listening.............if your going to do something.........make it different. Even I would pay good money for something like the Original Yenko... terror at the Dragstrip and at the track as Don would have built them..........with an LS7 in it and let it rev to the moon. I'm sure he'd be impressed with today's ZO6

TVS cars are so not Yenko
Old 10-29-2009, 10:16 PM   #61
WOT*BLIP

Drives: GO KART
subscribing
WOT*BLIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:03 PM   #62
sspaul

Drives: 2010 ss camaro, imperial blue
Send a message via AIM to sspaul Send a message via Yahoo to sspaul
i love the idea that the yenko is coming back. i would love to see phase 1 start with an ls7 engine, to pay respect to the original yenko camaros.
www.twitter.com/1djchampagne
mods: borla long tube headers, borla atak catback, lingenfelter gt-9 cam, ported heads, ecs base kit running 11 psi on top end, 1" bmr drop spring, aam 3.70 gears, ported throttle body, 160* thermorstat, lethal racing tune

750/641 rwhp/rwtq
sspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:14 PM   #63
JJ#48Racing
Fear the Hawg!

Drives: 1998 Camaro SS
Phase 1 with 600hp .

22" wheels .
JJ#48Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 12:15 AM   #64
MikeL

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ#48Racing View Post
Phase 1 with 600hp .

22" wheels .
Wheels getting a bit big for ya? I agree. They are just too much these days.
MikeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 12:37 AM   #65
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed
Quote:
Afterthought: Can anyone say reproduction of Dynacorn 69' Camaros straight from Yenko?? =D
(none of that CARS licensing crap, those are retarted at $130k and its not even Yenko building them)
LMAO...you are correct. I was at Barrett-Jackson in January of 2008, and I DID AN ANAL INSPECTION OF THE 'YENKO' Camaro that was a Dynacorn car. My take.....NOT A REAL CAMARO. The spot welds were weak and smaller, sheetmetal was wavy and wimpy, and the trim parts were "Tiawanish". This is ridiculous. The owner of the company was so worried about my up-down-inside-out inspection, he came over to talk to me. Sorrrrrry, not impressed with your "Asian" Camaro. Especially when it starts at over 100 thousand bucks.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:39 AM   #66
daphatgrant
June '10

Drives: '10 2SS/RS RJT
This I am excited about!
daphatgrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:31 AM   #67
SSPROJECT
barbarianmotorsports

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss
i like the idea of yenko name coming back , chevy needs this also . i mean look ford has the saleen , the shelby and etc. camaro is only chevy camaro and z28. it would be nice to have more choices like yenko or z28 ? also i would like to see more raw natural engine power not just adding parts to make more hp.
SSPROJECT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:55 AM   #68
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro

Drives: 2007 Chevy Trailblazer
OMG, SO GLAD I don't have one yet....this is what I will get if it does IN FACT happen!!!!!!

I LOVE GM vehicles, and particularly Chevy's, but would buy any GM vehicle if I had the $$...Hopefully, one day, soon enough, a 5th Gen CAMARO! Dave_O
Dave_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:20 AM   #69
fad1

Drives: Future 5th gen Camaro
what a sexy beast. Cant wait to see it in actual photos
Old 10-30-2009, 02:31 AM   #70
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro

Drives: 2007 Chevy Trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by fad1 View Post
what a sexy beast. Cant wait to see it in actual photos
I want tickets to SEMA to see it in person!!! Screw PICS!!!

I LOVE GM vehicles, and particularly Chevy's, but would buy any GM vehicle if I had the $$...Hopefully, one day, soon enough, a 5th Gen CAMARO! Dave_O
Dave_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:22 AM   #71
VRROOM

Drives: 1970 Nova SS
Yenko Phases

Quote:
...the only thing i disagree with is the whole "phase" idea, all shops are doing "three phase" projects and i just dont like it, if you're gonna buy a Yenko it should be THE Yenko rather than one of three models cause you know no matter what someone will give you grief for it, they'll either say "well its not as fast as it SHOULD be" or they'll say "well its not as nice of a ride as it SHOULD be" so i would preffer just one model, plus thats how it was back when and i support that...also i hope these dont end up being $80,000 cars >={ we have WAY too much of that crap goin around, the new Camaros arent exactly the cheapest cars ever as it is, i hope these guys dont go balls-out with the price
That is the very reason for the 3 phases. There are some that will say the car will only live up to the Yenko name if it has an LS9 engine in it. Yet the LS9 engine alone could add $25,000 before you even get to suspension and brakes. Even an LS7 engine alone could run $15,000 to the price making it unaffordable for the average person. In addition to the added expense, either of these engine swaps would most likely result in the car being illegal in the state of CA due to smog laws.

However, by building a Phase I car with a supercharged engine, they may be able to offer the vehicle at an affordable price, keep the factory warranty intact AND have a vehicle that was 50 state legal. I think that it makes good sense. It allows for more flexibility as far who can buy it and covers all bases as far as performance expectations. Basically you can outfit the car according to your budget. What good is a Yenko Super Car if only the Super Rich can afford it?
VRROOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:32 AM   #72
Camaro68

Drives: 68 Camaro 327ci 2SS/RS 376ci LS3
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljustin293 View Post
awesome !

6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer 6-23-10
Camaro68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:54 AM   #73
Camaro509

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
At least it's keeping the Legacy alive in a good way...not like they plan on making slouches or camaros that will hurt the name
We're hoping anyways, right? I sure am. Would be a shame if they talked big, then came through with less than stellar product when all is said and done.

Fold for team 11108 to help find a cure!
Folding@home Stanford's Research DC Program.
Camaro509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:23 AM   #74
SSRS2010
SS/RSVIN04274

Drives: 2010 CAMARO.
SSRS2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:40 AM   #75
tbyrne

Drives: 1993+1998 Z-28s - past cars
This is going to be good! And as someone mentioned, anything that can be done to keep selling Camaros, and selling alot of them is a benefit. Numbers have been higher than what Ford is doing with the Mustang for a few months (haven't checked lately). Keep the "Bean Counters" happy and the car will be around for many years!
tbyrne is offline   Reply With Quote