Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Trunk Monkey Parts
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2009, 08:35 PM   #15
diecast17
Manual, Polished Wheels
 
diecast17's Avatar
 
Drives: 2LT/RS Transformers Edition
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Trevose, PA
Posts: 169
Send a message via AIM to diecast17
I can't wait for mine! I have a TPW of this week and I am waiting for a VIN. I need the car so bad to because my 2009 Dodge Challenger went back last week under lemon law.
__________________
1100 = Preliminary Order = 7/27/09 NMTGCQ
2000 = Accepted by GM = 9/28/09
2500 = Preferenced = 9/30/09
3000 = Accepted By Production Control = 10/3/09 TPW 10/26/09
3300 = Order scheduled for production 10/14/09
3400 = Broadcast
3800 = Produced
4000 = Available to ship
4200 = Shipped
5000 = Delivered to the dealer
6000 = Delivered to the customer
diecast17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:22 AM   #16
1badSS/RS

 
1badSS/RS's Avatar
 
Drives: Rally Yellow Transformers pkg
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: crossville,tennessee
Posts: 1,043
Love it. People not only comment on it all the time(parking lot, gas station, driving down the road, ect), but people actually stop and take pictures of it regularly. She sure gets the attention.
1badSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:39 AM   #17
wrek
2G1FK1EJ6-9
 
wrek's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS Transformer
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pompano Beach, FL
Posts: 664
Kids at the school like seeing it.. then I hit the sound effects and they go nuts. Even the Moms enjoy it
wrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:04 AM   #18
philipdistefano
Remember, Remember...
 
philipdistefano's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Posts: 688
Send a message via AIM to philipdistefano
Personally, I think Bumblebee is more orange than yellow.

Anywho, I ordered my RY 2LT/RS a few weeks ago and my TPW is next week. No Transformers package, but I'm sure I won't need it to hear someone call it Bumblebee. :P
philipdistefano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:30 AM   #19
Phil's 06
 
Phil's 06's Avatar
 
Drives: 1SS rs M6 CGM
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Homewood IL.
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by philipdistefano View Post
Personally, I think Bumblebee is more orange than yellow.

Anywho, I ordered my RY 2LT/RS a few weeks ago and my TPW is next week. No Transformers package, but I'm sure I won't need it to hear someone call it Bumblebee. :P
I hear kids and some adults call mine bumble bee and I have CGM no stripes!
__________________
Due to my CGM 06 A4 GTO's death my CGM '10 1SS rs M6 arrived 8/19/09!!!
Phil's 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:31 AM   #20
sweet_melissa
 
sweet_melissa's Avatar
 
Drives: hoping for my camaro
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrek View Post
Kids at the school like seeing it.. then I hit the sound effects and they go nuts. Even the Moms enjoy it

Please explain the hit the sound effects. My grandson would go crazy over that.
sweet_melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:38 AM   #21
wrek
2G1FK1EJ6-9
 
wrek's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS Transformer
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pompano Beach, FL
Posts: 664
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_melissa View Post
Please explain the hit the sound effects. My grandson would go crazy over that.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...t=custom+sound - I had to install the 516L module AND a keyless entry module in order to get it to work via remote. The keyless entry module doesn't have anything to do with the car, I simply use it for it's RF receiver and outputs for door locks and trunk to fire the 3 custom sounds on the 516L. Then I recorded the two transformation sounds and Optimus's famous, "Autobots! Transform and Rollout!"

I hooked up buttons to also fire the three custom sounds so I can reach under the dash and press one of 3 buttons to broadcast the sound.

The sound comes from a loudspeaker/siren mounted under the hood so it's nice and loud.
wrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:44 AM   #22
Hicompression
Rumbly Bumble Bee
 
Hicompression's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: DFW
Posts: 1,467
You don't need the Transformers package for the kids to be calling a rally yellow SS with Black Stripes "Bumblebee". I get it all the time...
__________________
2010 RALLY YELLOW 2SS 6M
-OBX Longtubes FTW!
Hicompression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:14 AM   #23
MeagsMom
 
MeagsMom's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Transformers Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 54
Send a message via Yahoo to MeagsMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrek View Post
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...t=custom+sound - I had to install the 516L module AND a keyless entry module in order to get it to work via remote. The keyless entry module doesn't have anything to do with the car, I simply use it for it's RF receiver and outputs for door locks and trunk to fire the 3 custom sounds on the 516L. Then I recorded the two transformation sounds and Optimus's famous, "Autobots! Transform and Rollout!"

I hooked up buttons to also fire the three custom sounds so I can reach under the dash and press one of 3 buttons to broadcast the sound.

The sound comes from a loudspeaker/siren mounted under the hood so it's nice and loud.
LOVE IT! Are you going to the Camaro Fest in April? I would love to see/hear this!
__________________
2010 2SS RS with Sunroof Transformers SE

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...7&l=1c1fb43289
MeagsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:17 AM   #24
wrek
2G1FK1EJ6-9
 
wrek's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS Transformer
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pompano Beach, FL
Posts: 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicompression View Post
You don't need the Transformers package for the kids to be calling a rally yellow SS with Black Stripes "Bumblebee". I get it all the time...
The TFE package is not bumblebee anyway, it's a Transformers tribute package. It just happens to resemble the car/actor from the movie.
wrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:33 AM   #25
SSRS2010
SS/RSVIN04274
 
SSRS2010's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO.
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Las Cruces NM
Posts: 1,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumDawg View Post
My wife and I traded cars one day (Her Acadia needed work done.) She's driving the car for the first time and tells the kids that she really likes it. She then say's that maybe she should get one. My seven year old says" You can't because dad has the only Bumblebee!"

All the rest of you must be fakes!
LOVE THAT PIC GREAT LOOKING CAMARO
SSRS2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:21 AM   #26
sweet_melissa
 
sweet_melissa's Avatar
 
Drives: hoping for my camaro
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 17
Wreck,
Thank you so much for the info, just got to find someone to do this for me. My car has been built and ready to ship. Now the wait begins, to me the TFE is worth the money. Cant wait to see the look on the grandson's face when I pick him up from school.
sweet_melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:59 PM   #27
espo19047
 
espo19047's Avatar
 
Drives: Impala
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philadelphia Suburbs
Posts: 195
Send a message via AIM to espo19047
Quote:
Originally Posted by diecast17 View Post
I can't wait for mine! I have a TPW of this week and I am waiting for a VIN. I need the car so bad to because my 2009 Dodge Challenger went back last week under lemon law.
Check your email. Your car was built yesterday and I sent you your vin.
espo19047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:11 PM   #28
boreas
 
boreas's Avatar
 
Drives: 2LT/RS TFE yeah!
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: montreal
Posts: 156
Mine is home as of today!!!!

Oh my... I L-O-V-E it!!!!!!!

Phil
boreas is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
camaro, special edition, transformers

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Camaro Laws ChevyNut Off-topic Discussions 102 06-06-2011 10:34 PM
2010 Chevrolet Camaro TRANSFORMERS Special Edition Announced thecamaroguy 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 260 01-06-2011 07:08 AM
Official Camaro Convertible CONCEPT Press Release Tran Camaro Convertible Forum 12 11-18-2009 07:05 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.