Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
BORLA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2007, 03:34 AM   #1
bobbyhhh
 
Drives: DODGE RAM 1500 HEMI
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: ontario
Posts: 4
The camaro should come out this year

First off i'm new to this forum. - And I would like say "whats up" to everyone- and I, just like you guys love this camaro. The motive behind me posting this thread is- the debate I was reading about CoolestCamaro873 "good news thread". It look like to me, alot of people wanted to believe this news, but they didn't. Here, I have facts and reasons why this camaro is coming out sometime in 2007 for model 2008. (some of these things you guys already know about)
- Ford currently holds retro market (big time)
- Dodge... The challenger is an awsome car that mopar, hemi, gm and stang fans everywhere are going to buy, and this car is coming out for sure in 2008.
-GM... If the camaro does not come out until 2009 there going to miss alot of the sales, as people want a retro car asap.
-GM engineer stating don't be surprise the camaro will be out within 12 months
( this has to be a damn close estimation of the camaro's arrival- or he would have not mention it)
-GM/dodge dealer allowing deposits. GM or dodge would not allow the dealerships to this, unless the car availability is within 12 months.( I have good buddies working in dealerships and manu. car plants and this is what they have told me.
-Both concepts came out roughly the same time (camaro\challenger) you can gaurantee they will be available the same time roughly at the dealers. (2008 models.)
-The word "bugs and ticks" come in regards to GM not coming out with it soon.(GM does have to worry about the first year bugs and ticks as much as people think- due to major components are already in existance and/or new major components are already ready.(I have buddies at that Oshawa plant)
-I've read this on other sites, and heard about this. GM already has 30 to 40 production camaro's made ready to be privately auctoned with minimum media present. (friend at dealership told me this as well)
-Status bigger than money?- GM does not need the camaro for financial boost no matter what you hear. This is for pure status, GM will not lose out due to reason of bad timing, they want this market because this is what their good at, trust me they know the camaro has to come out this year.
-There is too much word of mouth, especially from dealears like are friend CoolestCamaro873 heared from his. (it makes you think the rumors have to be true)
- finally, there just so must hype for a car, how long can it last? I think most people will just get sick of waiting, and/or talking about it. Trust me the stang is a nice car, but the challenger, man that car will steal alot retro lovers. GM has everthing to gain for 07-08 and everthing to loose for 09.

There is alot more reasons to prove the camaro will most likely come out this year as a a 08 model. I'm just sick of typing. Lastley, one thing for sure, it will be interesting to see what will happen at the end of 07-what will Il purchase? , because one way or the other the camaro or the challenger will be mine. ( I really do love these retro cars)

I hope you guys find this interesting.
I will soon enough add in more reasons for this subject at a later date.
bobbyhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:48 AM   #2
OverAnxious

 
OverAnxious's Avatar
 
Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 797
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
many people would love to see this car on showroom floors this year, but considering when things are happening inside GM, I don't see it happening...
__________________
Joe
Over Anxious - 1967 Camaro RS/SS L78
5th Gen Camaro BLOG // My eBay auctions
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 08:04 AM   #3
Casull

 
Casull's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevy Silverado
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 754
The only problem I have with your arguement is that you have no evidence to show it is logistically feasible. GM could want to put this car out just as bad as we want them to put it out this year; however, if it is just not feasible, then there is really little they can do.

Although I am nit buying your argument that the car will be out in 2007, I will agree with you that GM will loose a lot of sales the longer they hold out. I agree with you that this whole "retro" thing is likely just a fad and the enthusiasium will likely die out in the very near future. Also, I also believe your point about all of the hype GM has built up for this car dying down if they don't get it out to be true. You can only sustain this kind of excitment for so long before people start turning to other alternatives.

Do I think GM would have a lot to gain by getting this car out in 2007 - definitely; do i think it will happen - definitely not.

Also, I wouldn't use information from dealers when trying to build an argument around here. It is a sure fire way to get flamed. Dealer information is about as reliable as an old rusty bucket. Also, the fact that some dealers are taking deposits also means nothing as dealers are on average very greedy andmore than willing to take anyone money.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 08:08 AM   #4
OverAnxious

 
OverAnxious's Avatar
 
Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 797
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
Dealer information is about as reliable as an old rusty bucket.
__________________
Joe
Over Anxious - 1967 Camaro RS/SS L78
5th Gen Camaro BLOG // My eBay auctions
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 08:21 AM   #5
Moose
Moderator
 
Moose's Avatar
 
Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Newtown, Pa.
Posts: 3,982
First. Welcome to the site.

You make some interesting points. We would all love to see this car sometime in '07, but, IT ISN'T HAPPENING.

As it's been said earlier, we're all very anxious to see this car in dealer showrooms as soon as possible. But the reality is, it WILL NOT be this year.

PLease. Lets no have this thread get "crazy" like the last one did. Yes, there are many reasons why we feel it could/should come out sooner, but there are just as many why it will not be in '07.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 08:47 AM   #6
rray200
 
Drives: 2014 Mustang GT 5.0 Track Pack
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
First. Welcome to the site.

You make some interesting points. We would all love to see this car sometime in '07, but, IT ISN'T HAPPENING.

As it's been said earlier, we're all very anxious to see this car in dealer showrooms as soon as possible. But the reality is, it WILL NOT be this year.

PLease. Lets no have this thread get "crazy" like the last one did. Yes, there are many reasons why we feel it could/should come out sooner, but there are just as many why it will not be in '07.
Perhaps not 2007, but certainly early 2008, after the unveiling of the production version of the Camaro at next year's Detroit auto show is not out of the question. And really, its not that far away. And it can be released then as an '09 model, the same way the Chrysler 300C came out in early '04 as an '05 model. Its arriving no later than '08, that's for sure.
rray200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 08:55 AM   #7
Moose
Moderator
 
Moose's Avatar
 
Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Newtown, Pa.
Posts: 3,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by rray200 View Post
Perhaps not 2007, but certainly early 2008, after the unveiling of the production version of the Camaro at next year's Detroit auto show is not out of the question. And really, its not that far away. And it can be released then as an '09 model, the same way the Chrysler 300C came out in early '04 as an '05 model. Its arriving no later than '08, that's for sure.
I agree. Middle of '08, at the earliest.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 11:06 AM   #8
Casull

 
Casull's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevy Silverado
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
I agree. Middle of '08, at the earliest.
Middle of '08 is my prediction as well. GM is going to want to have a grand unveiling of this car before it is released, and considering that we did not see that happen this year at the NAIAS, I guarantee it will happen next year and we will finally get what we have all been anxiously awaiting shortly thereafter.

I suspect that this year we will start to get a lot more reliable information as supplier contracts start to be drawn up and orders are placed. We should start to see a lot more actvity on these boards than we have over the last 6 months.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 11:19 AM   #9
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 26,579
Welcome to the site!!! We love to get the new members in and have a good discussion. Remember what Moose said...let's not let this thread get out of hand.

For those who want GM to really rush this thing and get it out early...more power to you. I agree GM needs it out early for financial gain. Will it eventually lose it's luster? I don't think so....it'll turn some off, but won't close down GM.

Dealers are dealers. The salesmen must make sales in order to keep their jobs. It's just that plain and simple. Why in the world do you think we suddenly saw ebay selling "promises" of being able to buy the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Camaro from their dealer. People were paying 5K over MSRP to be able to do this....all the while GM never released any production dates or anything. Dealers are selling promises right now and some couldn't care less when it comes out as long as they can get your downpayment to guarantee your business....IT SECURES THEIR JOBS. We do have some good salesmen so don't think I'm including all of them in this "generalized" statement.

Finally.........we talked about release dates w/ a certain someone (you know who I'm talking about). I can't say what was said during that conversation about when it's coming out because I was asked not to. But, during the conversation we also spoke about the old St.Therese contract. Has anyone not heard me talk about this? I'll spare repeating it for a 4th time....just do a search if ur interested. It's coming out in 08 as an 09 BECAUSE IT CAN NOT BE LABELED AS AN 08 YEAR MODEL.. Better yet, it's coming out in 09 like GM said. I'm saying it's coming out in 08...

Finally, bobby, you make very good points in your argument. I agree w/ most of those points and I, as well, would like to see it come out early. Again, welcome to the site!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:23 PM   #10
CoolestCamaro873
The Road's A Bad Joke...
 
CoolestCamaro873's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 567
I agree that I think the Camaro will come out late this year, because if it waits till 2008, in which many think it will be out in 2008, it will still be too late. And I'll tell you this if it is I might consider buying another car and getting my deposit back. Dodge will have the Challenger out early 2008, and that car is sweet not as much as the Camaro but I don't have another five or six months after early 2008 to wait for the Camaro. And now Toyota has a new hybrid car aimed to replace the Supra, and it will compete to take away buyers of the pony cars, which is what Toyota said it aims to do, in which with a good looking fresh design and a hybrid six cylinder pushing out at least 400hp, lets face it it realistically could change the martket. Toyota is a much more reliable car than Chevrolet, and if its a hybrid you know how the new generation is "save the world, keep it clean," with this car they will be doing so as they laugh at the corvette, in its rear view mirror, on thier local highway. Chevrolet needs this car or they will lose out on the market and many Chevy loyalists will switch sides!
CoolestCamaro873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:36 PM   #11
rray200
 
Drives: 2014 Mustang GT 5.0 Track Pack
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
Middle of '08 is my prediction as well. GM is going to want to have a grand unveiling of this car before it is released, and considering that we did not see that happen this year at the NAIAS, I guarantee it will happen next year and we will finally get what we have all been anxiously awaiting shortly thereafter.

I suspect that this year we will start to get a lot more reliable information as supplier contracts start to be drawn up and orders are placed. We should start to see a lot more actvity on these boards than we have over the last 6 months.
GM could also unveil something in at the New York autoshow this year that could be close to, or be the actual production version of the Camaro. Infiniti is uveiling their production version of the revised 2007 G35 Coupe at this years New York autoshow.
rray200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 01:41 PM   #12
rray200
 
Drives: 2014 Mustang GT 5.0 Track Pack
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 290
"Finally.........we talked about release dates w/ a certain someone (you know who I'm talking about). I can't say what was said during that conversation about when it's coming out because I was asked not to. But, during the conversation we also spoke about the old St.Therese contract. Has anyone not heard me talk about this? I'll spare repeating it for a 4th time....just do a search if ur interested. It's coming out in 08 as an 09 BECAUSE IT CAN NOT BE LABELED AS AN 08 YEAR MODEL.. Better yet, it's coming out in 09 like GM said. I'm saying it's coming out in 08... "

I've always wondered about this fact about St. Therese. But here is an article that talks alot about the St. Therese situation and never mentions anything any agreement that there cannot be a Camaro designated before 2009:

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/fea...409phr_camaro/

Last edited by rray200; 01-08-2007 at 01:51 PM.
rray200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 02:19 PM   #13
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD
 
KILLER74Z28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 5,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolestCamaro873 View Post
I agree that I think the Camaro will come out late this year, because if it waits till 2008, in which many think it will be out in 2008, it will still be too late. And I'll tell you this if it is I might consider buying another car and getting my deposit back. Dodge will have the Challenger out early 2008, and that car is sweet not as much as the Camaro but I don't have another five or six months after early 2008 to wait for the Camaro. And now Toyota has a new hybrid car aimed to replace the Supra, and it will compete to take away buyers of the pony cars, which is what Toyota said it aims to do, in which with a good looking fresh design and a hybrid six cylinder pushing out at least 400hp, lets face it it realistically could change the martket. Toyota is a much more reliable car than Chevrolet, and if its a hybrid you know how the new generation is "save the world, keep it clean," with this car they will be doing so as they laugh at the corvette, in its rear view mirror, on thier local highway. Chevrolet needs this car or they will lose out on the market and many Chevy loyalists will switch sides!
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 02:31 PM   #14
CoolestCamaro873
The Road's A Bad Joke...
 
CoolestCamaro873's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 567
Exactly what is bulls*** about what i said. I didn't say it was coimng out for sure, because I wouldn't want to stir things up with the non-believers, but in reality what I said about the market changing, and how the Camaro will be too late is all relatively true to a certain degree, I think anyone could agree to a certain extent.
CoolestCamaro873 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Message to all Fbody Enthusiasts TAG UR IT 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 12 02-02-2013 07:41 PM
Official Camaro Convertible CONCEPT Press Release Tran Camaro Convertible Forum 12 11-18-2009 07:05 PM
Detroit News panel wants GM to build Camaro concept Tran 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 12 03-15-2009 04:38 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.