Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Flowmaster Exhaust
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

USA - Southwest AZ, HI, NM, NV, UT

Old 11-03-2009, 09:09 AM   #1
chellzers
a.k.a. MSHELS1

Drives: '99 Pontiac Trans Am
Send a message via AIM to chellzers Send a message via MSN to chellzers Send a message via Yahoo to chellzers
AZ Road Course Event Late January 2010

AZFBA has been invited to participate in an opportunity to team up with some other local clubs to do a road/cone course day at Firebird. We are inviting other local clubs to join us in order to keep the cost down for everyone. As of right now, they are looking at around late January for the event. This will basically require renting a portion of the track which means that the more cars we can get interested, the better the price will be for each individual.

The track costs about $4000 to rent, so here is a breakout of preliminary costs based on the number of participants.
60 cars = $66 each
80 cars = $50 each
100 cars = $40 each

I will let them know you two are interested in possibly participating in this event. Check back for more details or go to http://www.azfba.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=20416
Old 11-07-2009, 11:31 AM   #2
Disgruntor
DAMMIT!

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2LT RS - IBM
That sounds really cool -- keep us posted
Old 11-29-2009, 08:08 PM   #3
SSuper
SIQ SS

Drives: red rs ss
Let me know
SSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:49 PM   #4
chellzers
a.k.a. MSHELS1

Send a message via AIM to chellzers Send a message via MSN to chellzers Send a message via Yahoo to chellzers
Date is set for 1/9/2010
Old 12-13-2009, 11:09 PM   #5
chellzers
a.k.a. MSHELS1

UPDATE:

Here is what I've been told by ACE so far.

-About 18 ACE members are confirmed. With the 25 from AZFBA, that makes 43.
-This event is now confirmed for 1/09/10.
-Details for time and cost are still being worked out.
-Verts are allowed.
-ALL drivers will need a helmet.
-You will need a secured battery, floor mats removed and nothing in the trunk.
-Extra air in the tires is highly recommended.

I'll post more info as I hear it.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:45 AM   #6
chellzers
a.k.a. MSHELS1

Additional info from Firebird:
Passengers I believe will be allowed they just have to sign a waiver, but I will double check for sure

It is Lot 4, right by the West course

We will have a safety crew out there

There will be a quick brief tech just checking brakes, seat bealts, tires, etc…. and convertibles are welcome
Old 12-16-2009, 07:16 AM   #7
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
That sounds like a fun time.
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:15 PM   #8
Bentley78
Rice Cooker

Drives: Avalanche Z/71, 2010 Camaro2SS
Isnt there local SCCA events?? Sounds expensive. Is the boundaurant coarse ever open to publics cars/track day?
Bentley78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:39 PM   #9
unrestrictedmotorsports

Drives: 2011 Comp 6 Turbo
that same weekend NASA is running PIR road coarse.
unrestrictedmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:23 PM   #10
Camaro_SSBB
ARCHitecture

Drives: 2006 Impala SS, 2010 Camaro 2SS
Sounds like a blast! Wish I had the new Camaro by then!!!!

1000, Dealer Ordered (12.20.09) - NSFQ89
1100, Preliminary order accepted (12.24.09)
2500, Order preferenced (1.13.10)

Dealer screwed up 1/20/09
GM District Sales Rep. Special ordered and shipped from Vegas on 1/24/09

Delivered 1/25/09

Camaro_SSBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:55 PM   #11
chellzers
a.k.a. MSHELS1

Update:
Hi,
I'm Desertdawg (Dwayne) on the Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts forum, and I need someone to post the following information on your events thread concerning the AutroX at Firebird on Jan. 9th

The track rental cost me $3100.00
It looks like about 50 drivers, if I guess at maybe 3 don't show up the price is $65.00 per driver...
If more show up I'll have to figure out how to get a couple of bucks back to each person. I'm not in this for any profit so any extra will be either donated or will figure out what to do with it. If I come up short then oh well!
Gates Open at 7am, driver meeting is at 8:30 or so, try to get there with enough time to get signed in and tech'd.
EVERYONE has to sign a waiver! Driver's, passengers, spectators... Only drivers have to pay!

Once again $65.00 per driver !!!

Ruben (MeanC6) hasn't visited the ACE forum since the 13th of Dec. he was my contact with AZFBA and I don't have any way of getting a hold of him.
Please let me know if there are any questions or concerns, I really hope this works and everyone has a great time without it costing me much money, my wife really hopes we break even or she's going to get the BIG frying pan out when we get home...

Here is the ACE thread about the event.
http://www.arizonacorvetteenthusiast.../index.php?sho wtopic=12065

Thank you for helping
Dwayne - Desertdawg
Administrator
Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts
Old 01-07-2010, 10:56 PM   #12
chellzers
a.k.a. MSHELS1

Updated information along with info from the ACE board:

Desertdawg wrote:

This will not be a competition, we are trying to do a fun day where everyone that goes can learn how to drive their ride and not worry about PAX times or having to work the course.
Firebird safety crew will also provide a safety inspection/tech for us so no one is out there missing lugnuts of flying batteries.....

Here's your chance to spend the day learning what it means to stick your cheek to the side window in a turn, or get your eyes to almost detach under braking without hitting anything worse than an orange cone if you screw up!

Jan. 9th Firebird lot #4
7:00AM Gates Open
7:15AM Registration and Tech Inspection Open
8:30AM Course closed for walking - Registration and Tech Inspection Closed
8:45AM Driver's Meeting (Required)
9:00AM First car starts

Cost: $3100.00 If there are 40 drivers then it's $77.50 per driver! (we will adjust the cost that morning)
Everyone will have to sign a waiver at registration!
Helmets are required! (no loaners, so if you don't have one get with someone to share)
Convertibles are allowed!
Registration will assign car number and waiver to sign, Cash is nice since there will be no banks open there! (PM if this is a problem)
Tech inspection will check for loose items, battery secured, all lugnuts on and tight, helmet, seatbelts etc.etc.

REMEMBER, this is a fun autox, we don't have timing equipment so a stopwatch will be used, and don't expect it to be accurate lol.gif
A couple of volunteers will be needed for registration, tech, timing, recording times. Please help if you can so everyone gets some seat time.

We will run in groups with a small break in the action to transition to the next group, and give workers time to get whatever done! This is our first autoX so I'm sure there will be some problems, if you can help at all then let us know!

Desertdawg wrote:

It looks like about 50 drivers, if I guess at maybe 3 don't show up the price is $65.00 per driver...
If more show up I'll have to figure out how to get a couple of bucks back to each person. I'm not in this for any profit so any extra will be either donated or will figure out what to do with it. If I come up short then oh well!
Gates Open at 7am, driver meeting is at 8:30 or so, try to get there with enough time to get signed in and tech'd.
EVERYONE has to sign a waiver! Driver's, passengers, spectators... Only drivers have to pay!

Once again $65.00 per driver !!!

We have been invited to participate in an opportunity to team up with some other local clubs to do a road/cone course day at Firebird. This is a great chance to stretch your car's legs on a challenging course. You know, kind of like you do during the middle of the night in the Wal-Mart parking lot... only better. So let's get all those cars out that are set up for handling and anyone else who is interested in the experience!

The first club that has signed up for this is ACE (Arizona Corvette Enthusiast) and they have kind of set the ground work with Firebird for this. As of right now, they are looking at around late January for the event. This will basically require renting a portion of the track which means that the more cars we can get interested, the better the price will be for each individual.

The track costs about $4000 to rent, so here is a breakout of preliminary costs based on the number of participants.
60 cars = $66 each
80 cars = $50 each
100 cars = $40 each

Interested in participating:
-David (96azhawk)
-Ryan (Meatyshells)
-Val (DesertFox)
-Dustin (z06dustin)
-Joe (Juicdta)
-Will (84camaroz28)
-Tom (Acidburn)
-Terry (Moonshadow)
-Terry's Friend
-Cyrus (Itsadryheat79)
-Matt (matt3383)

Camaro5/AZ ALL GENS:
Itsadryheat79
Alex
az5thgen
DarricSS
Dreamer2430 - Saturday preferance
BrianSS
eric24broncos

AZDG Folks:
Interested from AZDG:
-Bijan + ?
-FattyTuna
-pandora

Maybe:
-Snake
-Chris (00Hawk95)
-Rick (my1973form)
-Jason (Ghost)
-Alan (Firehawk068)
-Casey (BAD_EFX)
-Tom (Beater79TA)
Old 01-07-2010, 11:00 PM   #13
chellzers
a.k.a. MSHELS1

Please let David (AZFBA President) know if you will be attending this Saturday. You can contact him on www.azfba.com, his name is 96azhawk or by e-mail at dcfirehawk@cox.net. Thanks!
Old 01-13-2010, 09:54 PM   #14
Meatyshells

Drives: 2000 camaro
It was incredibly fun and it was sad that non of the camaro 5 members could make it
Meatyshells is offline   Reply With Quote