Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

B&M
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 07-17-2008, 02:55 PM   #26
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Yes, the warranty work can be done by any Chevy dealer. I have seen some dealers in southern states refuse to work on cars they didn't sell.....Just what I've heard from some Vette customers I've dealt with. But warranty money is as good as cash, so if one dealer won't do it, I'm sure many others will.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 04:34 PM   #27
5thGenAnyone?
I'm thirsty

Drives: 1 speed bike
CamaroScotty, I've got a question sir. I have never bought a new car before so I just want to be clear on how this works. That $1000 deposit you are talking about, is that just to ensure that I would get a camaro on the day of release in exactly the color, engine type, and options that I want? And also does that money go to the final price of the vehicle? I'm just a little foggy on how it all works, if you could explain it would be much appreciated. Im stationed down in California right now but i'll be home for good in late october so im sure ill just come down and see you in person anyways around that time.
5thGenAnyone? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 05:15 PM   #28
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenAnyone? View Post
CamaroScotty, I've got a question sir. I have never bought a new car before so I just want to be clear on how this works. That $1000 deposit you are talking about, is that just to ensure that I would get a camaro on the day of release in exactly the color, engine type, and options that I want? And also does that money go to the final price of the vehicle? I'm just a little foggy on how it all works, if you could explain it would be much appreciated. Im stationed down in California right now but i'll be home for good in late october so im sure ill just come down and see you in person anyways around that time.
That holds a spot in our first round of allocation....meaning your order would be one of the first we submit. I would email you all the available options & colors, and prices for all of the options. The deposit is applied to the price of the car and is 100% refundable at any time.

Just let me know when you're ready. I have some comfort room for round one yet. I expect that may change next week. We will not take more deposits than we have allocation for, unless someone states they want us to, in order to get into the next round of orders. And refundable at any time.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 07:10 PM   #29
dadgordon

Drives: "95 grandcherokee/fordminivan
Guys&Ladys we're lookin at a base of around 30g just from what I'm lookin at.
dadgordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 07:39 PM   #30
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadgordon View Post
for a V-8
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 08:30 PM   #31
Navy Blue
Future Camaro Owner

Drives: 2001 Chevy Impala
30k fot the v8? seriously? if that's the case i might be able to get my camaro a bit earlier than expected awesome!
Navy Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 08:31 PM   #32
Navy Blue
Future Camaro Owner

Drives: 2001 Chevy Impala
for some reason when i think something very very good i think expensive...i guess i can not only have my cake..i can have a tall glass of milk,maybe some cookies to go with it too..awesome-er!
Navy Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:49 PM   #33
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadgordon View Post
...try lower.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:18 PM   #34
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN

Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
...try lower.
Usually, I hate speculation. We should all aim high, but know that we're aiming high.

For example, expect the base V6 to cost $23k even though we're almost certain that it will cost closer to $20k. This forces you to save up more for the car's down payment, and it allows you to feel really good about the low pricing Chevrolet is going to offer.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:21 PM   #35
Mr. Wyndham

Agreed..............but, speculation?
Old 07-19-2008, 07:13 PM   #36
4thGen

Drives: 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LS
I don't see how the V8 will cost under $30,000 AND have 400hp+. The G8 GT costs $30,000 and has "only" 361hp. Why would the big bad muscle car cost less than the family sedan AND have more power? I don't see it happening.
4thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 08:04 PM   #37
GameOv3r

Drives: 2008 Chevy Aveo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGen View Post
I don't see how the V8 will cost under $30,000 AND have 400hp+. The G8 GT costs $30,000 and has "only" 361hp. Why would the big bad muscle car cost less than the family sedan AND have more power? I don't see it happening.

That's exactly what I've been wondering. The G8 GXP is supposed to be $38,000 with 402HP. I have no idea how the Camaro V8's will be priced below a less powerful G8 GXP...

A Challenger is just that, a "Challenger." It takes a Camaro to be a "Champion."
GameOv3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 08:55 PM   #38
Mr. Wyndham

Then, by this logic...there's no way a V6 Camaro can be priced near $20k; the G8 is above $27,000!
Old 07-19-2008, 09:40 PM   #39
4thGen

Drives: 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post

Then, by this logic...there's no way a V6 Camaro can be priced near $20k; the G8 is above $27,000!
I guess I'll find out in 1 days, 2 hours, 20 minutes, and 58 seconds.
4thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 09:45 PM   #40
carsismeZ06
Corvette and Camaro lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro...some day...
got this from http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/2010-chevrolet-camaro.htm'

Quote:
2010 Chevrolet Camaro Prices: They're a bit hard to predict, what with an on-sale date nearly a year away. But GM has said Camaro will be a premium car, and it won't compete with the Ford Mustang on price. Our guesstimate: The 2010 Chevrolet Camaro V6 coupe will start around $22,000 with the V8 model around $28,000. Convertibles will likely start at around $28,000 for a V6 model and range up to $35,000 for a V8.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:52 PM   #41
jmliptak

Drives: D
Dragoneye I believe that it was you that made several important points in another thread a while ago relative to pricing.

The G8 is built in Australia. It is safe to say that it costs a lot to ship it here from the southern coast of Australia (Adelaide). It also safe to say that the cost of shipping it has not gone down as energy prices have increased.

The other important thing to note is that the Australian dollar recently hit an all time high against the American dollar of nearly 1 to 1. It usually is in the range of one Australian dollar equaling 60 to 70 cents here in the US. So, the recent decline in the value of the US dollar has actually made it cheaper to build things here or in Canada relatively speaking. Its one of the good things about the decline in the value of the US dollar.

The Camaro, at a projected volume of about 100,000 units also has a much larger economy of scale, build more and the price per unit costs less. Components are cheaper when bought in larger volume.

I believe Scott has said that we will not have final pricing on Monday, but I think people will be pleasantly surprised.
jmliptak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 10:44 PM   #42
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmliptak View Post
Dragoneye I believe that it was you that made several important points in another thread a while ago relative to pricing.
I did make some case points, but the ones you mentioned all came from DGthe3. And good points they are!

Despite what Bob said a while back, the car will be priced competitively with the Mustang as per the most recent info that Fbodfather posted up. Besides, nobody here will be upset if they price a 400hp animal near the $$$ of a Mustang GT, will they?
Old 07-20-2008, 03:58 AM   #43
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGen View Post
Easy. The G8 is a large car, and traditionally in the American market "bigger" equals "more expensive". Of course that may change quick, but for now that's how it is. Also, being a family sedan, it is quite well equipped, as large sedan buyers tend to place more importance on things like auto-AC, premium leather, and high-end sound systems than pony car buyers (not saying we don't care about those things, but in general they're lower on our list.) Pontiacs are also traditionally priced a step higher than Chevys. Its just the GM hierarchy. Also, I'd say the G8 is more of a muscle car than the Camaro. Muscle cars are the product of stuffing a powerful V8 into what was otherwise a standard family car. The Camaro on the other hand, is a pony car, a small sporty coupe that also happens to offer a V8. Finally, price is not correlated to hp. Its a small factor, not the only deciding factor.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 08:28 AM   #44
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Yes, the warranty work can be done by any Chevy dealer. I have seen some dealers in southern states refuse to work on cars they didn't sell.....Just what I've heard from some Vette customers I've dealt with. But warranty money is as good as cash, so if one dealer won't do it, I'm sure many others will.
Unless it has changed, it doesn't have to be a Chevy dealer, any GM dealership can do Chevy warranty work. You can even order parts for any GM vehicle at any GM dealership. But like Scott said, some dealerships don't like to do it and get an attitude if they didn't sell the vehicle. I had that problem in my home town. I bought my last Chevy from a dealership in Houston, which at the time was 125 miles from my home town, and took it in for service at my local dealership. They weren't very friendly about working on it. I called the regional manager and talked to him about it and I guess he got it straightened out, because the next time I went in there was a different service manager and they were glad to work on it. I explained that I gave them first shot at selling me one, but they didn't have what I wanted and couldn't come close to the price of the other dealer.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 08:50 AM   #45
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txturbo View Post
Unless it has changed, it doesn't have to be a Chevy dealer, any GM dealership can do Chevy warranty work. You can even order parts for any GM vehicle at any GM dealership.
...in fact, you can even order parts for Toyotas at GM dealerships, complete with GM packaging and part numbers:
http://jalopnik.com/398183/how-to-bu...-gm-dealership
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 02:05 PM   #46
carsismeZ06
Corvette and Camaro lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro...some day...
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Usually, I hate speculation. We should all aim high, but know that we're aiming high.

For example, expect the base V6 to cost $23k even though we're almost certain that it will cost closer to $20k. This forces you to save up more for the car's down payment, and it allows you to feel really good about the low pricing Chevrolet is going to offer.
I do that to myself all the time! lol. Then it makes you feel like you saved money.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:18 PM   #47
camarolover69

Drives: 01 Mustang GT
i hope its between 20-30k cuz the new shelby gt 500 waste of money got no power camaro is worth it i can tell car made for power!
camarolover69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 10:43 PM   #48
UltimateAdam

Drives: 1998 Pontiac Firebird
I will say, this is the ONE piece that I am truly hung up on. I have seen 1000 pictures, and could look at 10000000 more, but I already know this is one badass car and I love it. but this is the one angle that is the make or break. I do not want the v6, and I know it is gonna be one SWEET v6, but I have never got to own a v8, have a v6 firebird now, and want this to be my first. But if it is some crazy price, I may just have to hold off. I am hoping it is around 30k, I priced the G8 with the 6.0L on GM Supplier and it was 29.5k with my discount. I think some people are right that the G8 would be a more expensive car. It is a larger FAMILY performance vehicle, with all the extras and what not. Maybe I am just hoping since I want the Camaro so damn bad...
UltimateAdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 10:50 PM   #49
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateAdam View Post
I will say, this is the ONE piece that I am truly hung up on. I have seen 1000 pictures, and could look at 10000000 more, but I already know this is one badass car and I love it. but this is the one angle that is the make or break. I do not want the v6, and I know it is gonna be one SWEET v6, but I have never got to own a v8, have a v6 firebird now, and want this to be my first. But if it is some crazy price, I may just have to hold off. I am hoping it is around 30k, I priced the G8 with the 6.0L on GM Supplier and it was 29.5k with my discount. I think some people are right that the G8 would be a more expensive car. It is a larger FAMILY performance vehicle, with all the extras and what not. Maybe I am just hoping since I want the Camaro so damn bad...
A lot of people guess it will be around $28k

i hope it is as well
Old 07-21-2008, 04:49 PM   #50
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 View Post
A lot of people guess it will be around $28k

i hope it is as well
Me to since I now know there will be a number of options I wish to add. I think $35,000 is going to be my limit.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote