Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

MPD1
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Forced Induction - V8 V8 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Old 11-03-2009, 12:16 PM   #1
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Talking Edelbrock E-Force Superchargers coming soon for LS3

These Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger Kits provide instant, reliable and safe horsepower with low boost for minimum stress on the engine. The core of each system is the Eaton Gen VI 2300 TVS® Supercharger rotating assembly. Eaton’s assembly features a four lobe design with 160° of twist for maximum flow, minimum temperature rise and quiet operation for excellent drivability. The supercharger assembly has been integrated into the intake manifold for a seamless design with minimal components, eliminating the possibility of vacuum leak between gasket surfaces. Edelbrock’s inverted supercharger assembly is uniquely oriented, allowing for an incredible amount of intake runner length for maximizing low end torque. An integrated bypass valve helps eliminate parasitic loss under light throttle for improved mileage potential. Mustang systems breathe through a specially engineered 85mm electronic throttle body and GM systems utilize the factory 90mm throttle body, matched with the most unique and efficient inlet configuration on the market. This combination results in a shorter, less restrictive intake path for improved air flow, without the need for a jack-shaft. Keeping the air cool is a high capacity air to water intercooler and low temp heat exchanger. Finally... the Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger system is not just a performance upgrade, it also has great looks! The supercharger assembly and matching aluminum coil covers are black powdered coated for durability with highlighted fins and Edelbrock logo for a unique appearance that will give any engine compartment a custom look.

• Bolt-on installation – no cutting or modification needed
and fits under the stock hood and cowl
• Features Eaton ® TVS Rotor assembly; the same high-quality rotors used by GM on the Corvette ZR1

• 50-state emissions street legal - E.O. numbers pending

• Available with an optional supplemental warranty

- See specific listing for details

• Self contained oil system with 100,000 mile service interval

(no drilling or plumbing required)
• Electronic PCM programming module, with application specific tuning
• High Flow Mass Air Flow Sensor (MAFS) on some applications

• Integrated bypass valve for little to no decrease in fuel economy

2010 Camaro SS
Now you can take an already high performance street car to the next level with an Edelbrock E-Force
Supercharger! This supercharger kit is exclusively tailored for the 2010 Camaro SS and will allow you to boost your performance to a whole new level. The unique features of this kit are the 12" long intake runners that allow for maximum low end torque and the optional 5 year 100,000 mile warranty. It’s compact design fits under the stock hood and compliments the clean look of the engine compartment. Horsepower and torque data coming soon!
Complete Supercharger Kit for 2010 Camaro SS
(Manual Transmission)...................#1598^
Automatic transmission application to follow

2010 Camaro SS E-Force Competition Kit
This E-Force Competition Supercharger kit is based off of our street supercharger kit #1598, but is paired down to the essential components that a racer needs, without the extras that experienced racers prefer to customize for their own competitive advantage. For competition racing use only.
Competition Supercharger Kit for 2010 Camaro SS ................................................#1 599*

* Not legal for sale or use on pollution controlled motor vehicles.

^ E.O. Number Pending

Old 11-03-2009, 12:33 PM   #2
CamaroSpike23
Mr. Nitpicky

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
noice
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogwinters View Post
Read that link that Spike posted, it'll tell you everything you need to know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:34 PM   #3
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Fudge yeah!
Old 11-03-2009, 12:34 PM   #4
old motorhead

Drives: Maggie blown LS3 vette
So......they are taking orders? If I ordered one, when would it ship?
old motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:48 PM   #5
BlackinBlack

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Black
Optional 5 year 100,000 mile warranty..... nice. Wonder exactly what it covers?

Now we just need a price.

2010 2SS/RS BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
3" MBRP 304 Stainless Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI
BlackinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:54 PM   #6
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
HOW MUCH!!! DAMNIT HOW MUCH!!!
Old 11-03-2009, 12:55 PM   #7
Xanthos
Almost-Original Postwhore

Drives: Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackinBlack View Post
Optional 5 year 100,000 mile warranty..... nice. Wonder exactly what it covers?

Now we just need a price.
Probably just the blower unit itself.

I like the look though.
- X
Old 11-03-2009, 01:01 PM   #8
camaro692

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, G8 GT, HD FLHRX
I just called Edelbrock. Sales says it is still in development and no pricing yet
Old 11-03-2009, 03:47 PM   #9
JM10
Se habla español

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS VR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
Finally... the Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger system is not just a performance upgrade, it also has great looks! The supercharger assembly and matching aluminum coil covers are black powdered coated for durability with highlighted fins and Edelbrock logo for a unique appearance that will give any engine compartment a custom look.
This is by far the best looking kit

Now we need numbers!

JM
JM10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:55 PM   #10
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Looking Good
Old 11-03-2009, 04:14 PM   #11
Blownhotrodder

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1LE BRM
Very interesting.
Blownhotrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 05:16 PM   #12
oachalon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Now if edelbrock offers this kit with a 5 year 100k powertrain warranty for a good price, i might have to do it.
oachalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:52 PM   #13
TeddyP25

Drives: 2SS
YES..been waiting for this news
2SS/RS CGM/BLK GFX MN6418 Stroker.710rwhp/774lbtq..Pfadt trailing arms,toe links,coilovers,swaybars,end links,engine mounts,dif/sub bushings.MGWshifter.Tick LVL 3.BMR loop,chassis brace.ARH1 7/8 LT's/ARH exhaust.ADM gauges/race CAI.Stillen drill/slot rotors.Hawk pads.G-stop brake lines.Focal/JL Audio.custom bowties.E-FORCE SC.8 rib IW 10%OD.TSW Vairano,Nitto 315/275's.LPE dual pump/module.85lb inj,custom valve covers.RMCR tune.TOOLEY RACING CAM.JRE posi kit.JRE fuel upgrade.RX CatchCan.DSS axels/DS.WYOSPEED builthttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115687
TeddyP25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:12 PM   #14
third1
speed freak

Drives: 2012 Cadillac Escalade,10 IOM 2ss
This is the SC kit I want!!!!
Current:2012 Cadilac Escalade.2011 CVO StreetGlide cammed,tuned&loud. 2010 IMO/IO,custom stripes,GFX,sunrf,solo exhaust,JBA shorties,rotofab,Jannetty tune,Pfadt,JLw6 Audison&Hertz,7/4/09 2GIFKIEJ6A9123779Del 7/10/09 Former Camaros 72 LT1 Z28, 86 z28
third1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:18 AM   #15
HaveBlue

Drives: CTS/CAMARO
Hi Guys, I'm here at SEMA. Here's a shot of the kit on the car. I finally got a chance to talk to Rob (Edl's SC Head Engineer) late in the afternoon. They were buried (especially Rob, all day). The good news, the systems here are off of prodution tooling, no prototypes. That means the can start making castings. The C6 kit has an eta of end of December and the Camaro mid to end of January. Pricing is not final yet. I'll talk to their VP Sales tomorrow and see if he can ballpark it for me. Rob did say the GM system woould be more than the Mustang, due to the fact it is a much more complimated casting.
Number will be very similar to the C6 numbers. 554/515 with 5.5psi and stock fule system or 599/547 with a fuel system upgrade. Rob said that Walbro has told them that overdriving the C6 fule pump will definatly result in decreses life of the unit. The Z06 pump can be driven at 18 volts all day long with no problem. For that reason as well as slicing into harness' (with a boost a pump)they are including a Z06 pump with the 599HP kit. They haven't explored the upper limits of the Camaro ffuel system yet but will be doing so right after SEMA. Their Mustang just finished EPA/CARB testing and they passed and are waiting on the EO number. They are totally confident that the C6 & Camaro kits will be EO'd. Of coarse they will sell competiotion kits too, like they do with the Mustangs.
They worked with Airaid on the Corvette's competition kit air kit and plan on doing the same for the Camaro.

SEMA PICTURES-PARTS & CARS
http://www.pbase.com/haveblue/sema_2009
HaveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:24 AM   #16
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveBlue View Post
Hi Guys, I'm here at SEMA. Here's a shot of the kit on the car. I finally got a chance to talk to Rob (Edl's SC Head Engineer) late in the afternoon. They were buried (especially Rob, all day). The good news, the systems here are off of prodution tooling, no prototypes. That means the can start making castings. The C6 kit has an eta of end of December and the Camaro mid to end of January. Pricing is not final yet. I'll talk to their VP Sales tomorrow and see if he can ballpark it for me. Rob did say the GM system woould be more than the Mustang, due to the fact it is a much more complimated casting.
Number will be very similar to the C6 numbers. 554/515 with 5.5psi and stock fule system or 599/547 with a fuel system upgrade. Rob said that Walbro has told them that overdriving the C6 fule pump will definatly result in decreses life of the unit. The Z06 pump can be driven at 18 volts all day long with no problem. For that reason as well as slicing into harness' (with a boost a pump)they are including a Z06 pump with the 599HP kit. They haven't explored the upper limits of the Camaro ffuel system yet but will be doing so right after SEMA. Their Mustang just finished EPA/CARB testing and they passed and are waiting on the EO number. They are totally confident that the C6 & Camaro kits will be EO'd. Of coarse they will sell competiotion kits too, like they do with the Mustangs.
They worked with Airaid on the Corvette's competition kit air kit and plan on doing the same for the Camaro.

SWEET!!
Old 11-04-2009, 02:37 AM   #17
old motorhead

It looks like a nice option for those wanting more go. But, why why why announce it as "available" when it obviously isn't?????
Old 11-04-2009, 07:53 AM   #18
Robin Lawrence

Drives: 2010 Camaro 69 Nova
Yeah I was suprised to see the title say "available" also.

I had talked with the guys last year at PRI about this blower. Now to see it getting closer I was very impressed.

Their Ford unit was very simalar to the LSA/LS9 design. This unit has a runner that is longer and goes under before entering the port. It also has a efficient intercooler design.

It looks like early next year from what we were told. I was told a target price for the kit but I want to confirm that before I post any numbers.

I will say they have developed a very nice package that won't kill your budget.

Robin

Robin Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:29 AM   #19
maxdmax

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
I have been waiting for this, I just want to hear when on this.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:47 AM   #20
HaveBlue

Not sure where the "Available" came from either. Definatly be first of year. Remember Edel makes all the castings, has to machine them, QC, package the kits. They don't just take a Maggies and have an adapter to mate it to the heads. I hope the have the video on their website soon. Like the 4.6 vid, it's very well done and very informative. For any Camaro5 people here. Go by and talk to Rob. He's a great guy and would love to talk to you and get your input.

Robin, are you here?

Old 11-04-2009, 03:02 PM   #21
nfamous209

Drives: 2002 Camaro z28
Send a message via AIM to nfamous209 Send a message via Yahoo to nfamous209
Wow is that the intercooler in pic 4? If so that's small ID be scared in upping the boost. Maybe it's just be but it loons small.
nfamous209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 04:41 PM   #22
old motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfamous209 View Post
Wow is that the intercooler in pic 4? If so that's small ID be scared in upping the boost. Maybe it's just be but it loons small.
The intercooler fits under the intake. Are you talking about the heat exchanger? That's the piece that fits in front of the radiator and cools the fluid going back to the intercooler. The heat exchanger is an air/water unit and doesn't have to be as big as an air/air heat exchanger to do the job. Don't be scared....
Old 11-04-2009, 04:48 PM   #23
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Oh well. January huh. Well that gives me three months to get my a$$ street side to make some money!!
Old 11-04-2009, 07:51 PM   #24
HaveBlue

Shot of the front drive asembly including a idler pulley & bracket

Old 11-04-2009, 07:58 PM   #25
HaveBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfamous209 View Post
That's only one of the intercoolers

There is one on each side. Vic has been driving the C6 daily for the last month with the 599hp package and no issues what so ever. Also remember that with restrictions and bottle neck removed they don't need as much boost to over come them. More power with less boost.

Steve C. ,their ad guy said the video they are showing at SEMA would be up on their website tomorrow. It's got great animation and explanations on it like their Mustang video has.

Let me know if there is anything else (besides price and ship date ) you'd like me to ask these guys while I have easy access to them.