Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
B&M
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2009, 09:32 PM   #1
305pride

 
305pride's Avatar
 
Drives: 3.4l 1995 camaro
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: miami, fl
Posts: 2,202
chrysler

do any one of you guys feel bad for chrysler? like dodge ram is going to be its own brand, and the chally isnt selling much, and a bunch of cars are going to be axed and replaced with fiat. i kinda feel bad for them and their fans. lol i go to chally talk and its different from here. over there, their company is not doing so well, and the camaro is selling like hot cakes.
305pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:35 PM   #2
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 26,407
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I do feel bad...They've lost "the game". But then again, I don't...virtually nothing they've put out is competitive in the market beyond looks, and that's subjective...so what could anyone expect?

And now they're going to be mangled up by Fiat --
What comes out of the other end may look good, but it won't be Chrysler as we know it now. :(
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.

Mr. Wyndham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:38 PM   #3
coolman
Guest
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 4,812
It really makes me sick. Like them or not they were great cars for some ,great rivals for others. I don't think your going to see much left that is chrysler if they make it.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:41 PM   #4
305pride

 
305pride's Avatar
 
Drives: 3.4l 1995 camaro
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: miami, fl
Posts: 2,202
yea, one american company down the drain. its kind of their fault though. atleast mercedes was helping with the quality. i like the friendly rivalry from the pony cars. i hope the chally doesnt go anywhere.
305pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:43 PM   #5
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN
 
The_Blur's Avatar
 
Drives: Demon SS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,622
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Do you feel bad for Toyota building 3.8 million cars then recalling them? It is up to the company to produce good products. I feel bad for a company when it can't function due to reasons out of its control, but when a company builds decent cars and only performs decently, it is up to expectations.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:45 PM   #6
coolman
Guest
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 4,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Do you feel bad for Toyota building 3.8 million cars then recalling them? It is up to the company to produce good products. I feel bad for a company when it can't function due to reasons out of its control, but when a company builds decent cars and only performs decently, it is up to expectations.
I don't feel bad for toyota on any thing. They can go back to japan for all I care.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:54 PM   #7
meanmike
Account Suspended
 
Drives: FIRST ON RACE DAY
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
I don't feel bad for toyota on any thing. They can go back to japan for all I care.
That's a good place for them.
meanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:12 PM   #8
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado
 
FenwickHockey65's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 GMC Envoy/2000 Ford Ranger
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 33,692
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
I don't feel bad for toyota on any thing. They can go back to japan for all I care.
Indeed.

Chrysler...

Chrysler isn't trying. They really aren't. Look at what GM and Ford did once they got back on their feet. What has Chrysler done? Created a new brand when GM was killing brands and downsizing? What does Chrysler have to compete with the Malibu and Fusion? What does Chrysler have to compete with the Equinox and Terrain? Look at their sales figures, down over 30% in a month when GM and Ford were up.

Sorry Chrysler, but if you're not going to put forth any effort NOW, you're going to be dead in a few years. Fiat can't do everything.
__________________
FenwickHockey65's GM Thread!

2003 GMC Envoy SLE - Airaid Cold Air Intake, Gibson Performance Catback Exhaust
2000 Ford Ranger XLT Regular Cab (State-issued)
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:16 PM   #9
HeatherR
 
HeatherR's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 CTS, 2008 Solstice GXP
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keller, TX
Posts: 721
I feel bad for any long standing American company that goes away...especially something as important as a car company, but I do agree to a certain extent a company needs to compete to survive.

I feel bad for Chrysler in that I feel Daimler really screwed them over and then dumped them...and Fiat isn't equipped to change the current situation enough to save them (at least as we know them now).
HeatherR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:19 PM   #10
coolman
Guest
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 4,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Indeed.

Chrysler...

Chrysler isn't trying. They really aren't. Look at what GM and Ford did once they got back on their feet. What has Chrysler done? Created a new brand when GM was killing brands and downsizing? What does Chrysler have to compete with the Malibu and Fusion? What does Chrysler have to compete with the Equinox and Terrain? Look at their sales figures, down over 30% in a month when GM and Ford were up.

Sorry Chrysler, but if you're not going to put forth any effort NOW, you're going to be dead in a few years. Fiat can't do everything.
The thing is Fiat has nothing to lose here and everything to gain even if chrysler doesn't make it. I believe they just wanted to get a dealer network in the us to sell their own cars. The thing to remember is Chrysler isn't really american anymore we just own some stock in a worthless company. What a fricken shame.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:25 PM   #11
meanmike
Account Suspended
 
Drives: FIRST ON RACE DAY
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,170
Some of you are probably going to hang me for this. I think it would be cool if Ford and/or GM bought the jeep name and the right's too the Chally and Viper. However I would only want this if the company was too go under.
meanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:32 PM   #12
305pride

 
305pride's Avatar
 
Drives: 3.4l 1995 camaro
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: miami, fl
Posts: 2,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmike View Post
Some of you are probably going to hang me for this. I think it would be cool if Ford and/or GM bought the jeep name and the right's too the Chally and Viper. However I would only want this if the company was too go under.
this doesnt sound too bad when you think about it. its a shame to throw away perfectly good vehicles away, like jeeps and the chally and viper. idk. we might not see them around soon like the gto and ford gt :(
305pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:33 PM   #13
AZCamaroFan
7 Years on Camaro5
 
AZCamaroFan's Avatar
 
Drives: sometimes
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 17,139
I sort of feel bad because they are American, but they've always been 3rd. My dad said when he was young he didn't really know anyone with a Chrysler. All Chevy's and Ford's.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:37 PM   #14
coolman
Guest
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 4,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmike View Post
Some of you are probably going to hang me for this. I think it would be cool if Ford and/or GM bought the jeep name and the right's too the Chally and Viper. However I would only want this if the company was too go under.
Gm is cutting brands. I don't think they would be smart to bring in two cars in classes that they already rule on. Now the jeep , that might be a thought. Jeeps where made by a lot of different people back in the day so why not.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:54 PM   #15
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN
 
The_Blur's Avatar
 
Drives: Demon SS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,622
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmike View Post
Some of you are probably going to hang me for this. I think it would be cool if Ford and/or GM bought the jeep name and the right's too the Chally and Viper. However I would only want this if the company was too go under.
Actually, I was hoping that GM would get approved to purchase Chrysler before bankruptcy. The government denied the loan necessary for this to happen last year. I wanted GM to take the Jeep brand and the Ram brand while selling most of the other assets. It would have been nice to have a couple of specialty cars, like the Prowler and the Challenger for sale at Chevy dealers using their original badging. GM would then be able to build a variety of historic muscle cars and that could be its identity in the automotive market.

Obviously, I spent too much time thinking about this.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:59 PM   #16
coolman
Guest
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 4,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Actually, I was hoping that GM would get approved to purchase Chrysler before bankruptcy. The government denied the loan necessary for this to happen last year. I wanted GM to take the Jeep brand and the Ram brand while selling most of the other assets. It would have been nice to have a couple of specialty cars, like the Prowler and the Challenger for sale at Chevy dealers using their original badging. GM would then be able to build a variety of historic muscle cars and that could be its identity in the automotive market.

Obviously, I spent too much time thinking about this.
I agree that would have been good. Except, Gm was is noway able to pull chrysler up and staighten themselves out at the same time.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:31 PM   #17
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer
 
2ndgenz28's Avatar
 
Drives: All Black
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NWO Toledo Area
Posts: 4,721
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
They shuld of let the employees buy it when they wanted it.

Instead they force it into Serb hands who only want it to make a quick profit, they had no intrest in a long term running of the company.
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2009 Chrysler 200C Concept Muscle Master General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 27 04-26-2009 07:03 PM
Lifetime Powertrain Waranty....from Chrysler?!!? Mr. Wyndham General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 22 08-16-2007 05:16 PM
Bob Nardelli to be Chrysler's new CEO Mr. Wyndham Off-topic Discussions 0 08-06-2007 12:51 AM
Chrysler SOLD! Urthman General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 3 05-14-2007 02:33 PM
Iacocca rips auto industry, warns: Don't sell Chrysler KILLER74Z28 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 6 04-14-2007 12:38 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.