Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-29-2016, 09:04 AM   #1
MyLocalDJ

Drives: 2015 LS
2015 radio trim panel question

I have been looking for a new radio trim panel that has the dual heated seats. My 2015 LS of course does not have heated seats and I was planning on adding them and changing my interior to leather. I find many earlier year radio trim panels but I have been told that the 2015 is different and not interchangeable.

Anyone know if this is true and a good source for a radio trim panel to fit the 2015 LS standard radio and with heated seats?
MyLocalDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 02:55 PM   #2
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
gmpartsdirect (or any of the other similar sites) or hit up your dealer parts department. simply order the part from a model with heated seats.
Old 08-01-2016, 09:38 AM   #3
MyLocalDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
gmpartsdirect (or any of the other similar sites) or hit up your dealer parts department. simply order the part from a model with heated seats.

Thanks Jim. Looks like the GM Part is DASH CONTROL UNIT - 2015 Chevrolet Camaro (23259019). Sticker shock at about $554. From what I can tell, the 2014 and 2015 are the same based on the part number. I was hoping that some of the earlier years would interchange but I guess the programming is different.
Old 08-01-2016, 11:33 AM   #4
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2012 SS/RS M6 Convertible
Those switches aren't just off/on either. I was looking at swapping in Recaro seats, and the dealer said you have to get the BCM flashed to get the heaters to work. I am not sure if your car would even have the correct wiring and such.

-Geoff
Old 08-01-2016, 02:06 PM   #5
MyLocalDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGeoffGuy View Post
Those switches aren't just off/on either. I was looking at swapping in Recaro seats, and the dealer said you have to get the BCM flashed to get the heaters to work. I am not sure if your car would even have the correct wiring and such.

-Geoff

Hmmm.... good question. I had read on another thread on this site that an owner had just purchased the seats from a salvage yard and swapped the panel and it worked. Maybe he got lucky. I don't remember what model he had so he may have already had the driver side heater.
Old 08-03-2016, 01:57 PM   #6
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Sounds like a question for Ofer at Gen5DIY