Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Dynomax Exhausts
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 01-08-2015, 03:42 PM   #1
flags97

Drives: 2013 lt1 camaro
Talking Just installed Alpine PDF50 Amp

I just replaced the BA factory amp with the Alpine PDF50, what a difference, night and day, excellent clarity. I was going to do all this one step at a time, but the BA speakers in Camaro sound really good. Although not an audio expert I do appreciate good sound and now it sounds great, so for now no intentions of changing out the BA speakers, just my two cents!!! Recommend to every one to disconnect that center speaker and then to replace factory amp then up to you to go from there!!! I did use the ******** harness.
flags97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 05:35 PM   #2
jshaf

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
have the same amp, works great, improves the sound quality substantially at higher volumes. fits in the stock location pretty well. have the same harness. did the door speakers with Polk DXI components and will be installing a 10' sub and mono amp in the spring to balance the system out. nice to see a fellow West Virginian on here
Old 01-08-2015, 06:04 PM   #3
Knockoutpie

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Coupe
I have a PDX-M12 and PDR-F50 as well, they slam Alpine all through out.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:11 PM   #4
Dega Man

Drives: ZL1
No doubt this is an awesome amp. Very high damping factor and s/n ratio, the bass is very tight from this amp with good stereo separation.
Dega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 07:54 PM   #5
flags97

Hey Jshaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaf View Post
have the same amp, works great, improves the sound quality substantially at higher volumes. fits in the stock location pretty well. have the same harness. did the door speakers with Polk DXI components and will be installing a 10' sub and mono amp in the spring to balance the system out. nice to see a fellow West Virginian on here
It is good to see another WV on here, if I do go to change out it will be with polk, always been a fan of Polk!!!!
Old 01-08-2015, 09:01 PM   #6
cmracing

Drives: 2014 RS/SS
My hearing isn't the best, the high ends roll off very fast. The stock BA speakers just don't cut it because of that. I will be changing mine. Maybe I am just pickier than most, who knows. I will say this, anyone that has heard any of my stereos asks me how much and will I help them...........
cmracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 11:40 PM   #7
flags97

Have you change your amp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmracing View Post
My hearing isn't the best, the high ends roll off very fast. The stock BA speakers just don't cut it because of that. I will be changing mine. Maybe I am just pickier than most, who knows. I will say this, anyone that has heard any of my stereos asks me how much and will I help them...........
Have you changed your amp, I was shocked at the difference, can hear the highs better and the bass!!
Old 01-09-2015, 04:03 AM   #8
Black Knight

Drives: Supercharged LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by flags97 View Post
I just replaced the BA factory amp with the Alpine PDF50, what a difference, night and day, excellent clarity. I was going to do all this one step at a time, but the BA speakers in Camaro sound really good. Although not an audio expert I do appreciate good sound and now it sounds great, so for now no intentions of changing out the BA speakers, just my two cents!!! Recommend to every one to disconnect that center speaker and then to replace factory amp then up to you to go from there!!! I did use the ******** harness.
I don't hang around this section to so excuse the noob ?'s
Why would you want to disconnect center speakers
How much is this amp and what harness do you need to make this work
Thanks
Old 01-09-2015, 10:10 AM   #9
Knockoutpie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
I don't hang around this section to so excuse the noob ?'s
Why would you want to disconnect center speakers
How much is this amp and what harness do you need to make this work
Thanks
Because with a center voices and mainly focused on that one speaker. When disabling it then it gives it a "true" stereo mode effect where all the speakers are balanced instead of everything important going into one speaker.

Anyone can correct me if I'm incorrect.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:21 PM   #10
flags97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockoutpie View Post
Because with a center voices and mainly focused on that one speaker. When disabling it then it gives it a "true" stereo mode effect where all the speakers are balanced instead of everything important going into one speaker.

Anyone can correct me if I'm incorrect.
Exactly, you are correct, center speaker took away the stereo effect, the center speaker would distract the driver from hearing the right side speaker, I hated it, I disconnected the 2nd day of owning my car!! I got the amp new off Ebay for $300 and harness from ********. Site will not allow the name of where I got harness, it keeps starring it out!!
Old 01-09-2015, 02:27 PM   #11
Knockoutpie

Quote:
Originally Posted by flags97 View Post
Exactly, you are correct, center speaker took away the stereo effect, the center speaker would distract the driver from hearing the right side speaker, I hated it, I disconnected the 2nd day of owning my car!! I got the amp new off Ebay for $300 and harness from ********. Site will not allow the name of where I got harness, it keeps starring it out!!
sub thump . com

no spaces
Old 01-09-2015, 04:16 PM   #12
Black Knight

Drives: Supercharged LS
Alright thanks guys
Old 01-10-2015, 02:02 PM   #13
kmart

Drives: 2010 Camaro Cyber Grey 2ss
sweet my next upgrade what did you use to wire amp
Old 01-10-2015, 02:21 PM   #14
cmracing

Drives: 2014 RS/SS
I used some left over #6 I had. It is a very short run from the battery to the amp(s) unlike most cars.
cmracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 09:24 PM   #15
jshaf

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
just ordered the side enclosure with the built in amp rack of the SUB-THUMP site, dang 48 dollars shipping, more than twice the amount of other side enclosures. must be thicker and weigh more. will be ready come late march or early April for my sub and mono block install