Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 05-13-2014, 09:55 AM   #1
cllmetatrsld

Drives: 2010 Synergy Camaro
Question Need new speakers, blown

I just started driving my 2010 Synergy Camaro (as it is FINALLY warm) and therefore started playing with the sound system. Turns out the reason my radio sounds worse than my mazda is that the speakers are blown. No bass comes out of them whatsoever, even when cranked to 20. Nice to figure that out after purchase...but anyway.

For the front am I looking at 6.5 and rear 6x9 speakers? Is there a specific kind/brand that I should buy that will work with my radio? Also, how hard is this to install (I have never done this before).
cllmetatrsld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:08 AM   #2
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
Need new speakers, blown

Quote:
Originally Posted by cllmetatrsld View Post
I just started driving my 2010 Synergy Camaro (as it is FINALLY warm) and therefore started playing with the sound system. Turns out the reason my radio sounds worse than my mazda is that the speakers are blown. No bass comes out of them whatsoever, even when cranked to 20. Nice to figure that out after purchase...but anyway.

For the front am I looking at 6.5 and rear 6x9 speakers? Is there a specific kind/brand that I should buy that will work with my radio? Also, how hard is this to install (I have never done this before).

There are many DIY threads on the forums here for changing out the speakers. Use the search function or go to the DIY section to find them. Not an easy task but it's do-able.

Last edited by OmniCamaro; 06-02-2014 at 06:16 PM.
OmniCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 03:23 PM   #3
Camaroshark

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT, 6speed
Which system do you have in there? Do you have the BA system?

If so, going aftermarket will need a bit more juice and if you have the BA system you might want to consider a component set... then you are going to want to replace the amp... and then from there..

maybe consider replacing with the same factory speaker? Or you risk opening a can of worms.
Old 05-13-2014, 06:19 PM   #4
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
I doubt ALL of the speakers are blown. More likely a radio or amp issue. How did you determine it was the speakers?

Also, the amp is way underpowered. An amp upgrade makes the stock speakers sound much better. So don't expect a huge improvement with just a speaker upgrade.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:10 AM   #5
cllmetatrsld

Drives: 2010 Synergy Camaro
As far as I know everything is stock. I turn up the bass via the controls and nothing happens. There is zero bass whatsoever. I don't know if it is the speakers or not, it is just what I assumed. I don't know really anything about what it could be. Everything else sounds fine, just no bass.
cllmetatrsld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:42 AM   #6
436SS

Drives: 2010 1SS
Did they work when you purchased the car?
436SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:14 PM   #7
Moto7451

Drives: 2013 Camero RS 1LT
The stock speakers aren't particularly bass-y even when you make the EQ look silly. I added a sub to mine to make up for it. If you pick your components out carefully you can fit an amp in the stock location (rear left of the trunk). The trunk lining is pretty handy for running wires inconspicuously.
Moto7451 is offline   Reply With Quote