Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-27-2015, 10:23 AM   #1
KGL35

Drives: 2011 RS/SS
2015 My Link IPod Issues

Hi, I was wondering if anyone was having issues with the 2015 MyLink and using a IPod. The MyLink in my 2015 Silverado will play songs from my IPod but the screen shows the last song played it does not advance with the song. The other major issue is the unit at times will not detect the IPod or just reads its a IPod and doesn't do anything. I have used 3 different IPods including a brand new one. My dealer thinks it is a IPod issue but it works in my 2011 Camaro, it worked in my 2014 Silverado, and the rental car I have right now a 2014 Malibu it works fine, so IMO it has to be the unit in the 2015.
KGL35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 01:31 PM   #2
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Can't compare between cars (ie: Silverado, Malibu, etc.) as they all have different versions of MyLink. That is like saying you have a Sony DVD player, Sony has dozens of different model DVD players.

If they are different iPod models, I'd say you have a MyLink issue. Some models work better than others, and some are not supported. If they are newer models, there shouldn't be an issue.

Have you tested any other devices in the USB port to rule out a MyLink or USB port issue? If other devices work fine, the dealer could be correct. But if other devices have issues as well, then it's obviously a MyLink or USB port issue.