Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vector Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Old 11-08-2009, 04:55 PM   #1
55Designs

Drives: 2010
Guys who installed full or partial Urethane Suspension Bushings any feedback?

To be frank my SS handles like crap still with the various parts I have installed and tried out already. Did coilovers, springs, shocks, two versions of sway bars and end links, 3 wheel alignment specs and different tires and wheels. I love the car but I really hate the way it handles and feels.

Now I am considering the rear subframe and front bushings but it looks like this is a ton of labor to install and Pedders and Pfadt doesnt have stock apparantly still. I just want to hear some feedback if any of you guys really noticed a HUGE improvment on the cars cornering and confidence.

I know Pedders say this is the first and most important step but I also dont want the car to squeak and ride like a BRICK daily.

I am not building a race car, not a drag car and not a track or autocross car. I just want the car to be super confident through switchback turns. Right now its just all over the place and it wanders. I feel the rear end wabble a bit when I hit bumps through turns.

I think a big part is the steering but I am solving that problem this week and will share with everyone.
55Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 05:01 PM   #2
ZZcamaro

Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
The bushings can help a lot...but so can subframe connetors and chassis stiffening. As long as you are using greasable bushings you will not have squeaking problems, but you will hear slightly more road noise

I used some of those components on my 4th gen and it was awesome. I happen to know that these components will be ready very very soon by a well respected company. i will be using them on my personal company car, so I trust them completely.
ZZcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 05:42 PM   #3
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy Phone:860-880-0486
ZZ your experience on the 4th gen bushings is only true of the cheap type of bushings. Higher quality bushings only need to be lubed one time when they are installed, and not again after that.

There are companies out there that sell bushing kits that are very cheap, there is a reason that these companies are selling them this cheap. I used the same bushings that you did on my 3rd gen cars, and they tended to be rock hard, squeak, and kill the comfort of the car.

Pedders bushings are completely different than the bushings we are talking about. Once ours are installed you do not need to service them again.

With that said, installing the EP1200 sub frame bushing inserts take less than an hour and will make a big improvement.
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 05:44 PM   #4
2SSRS@Gen5diy
Salt & Pepper 2014 Z/28

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM ,2014 Z/28, 66 Nova
All so look at two more manufacturers for there parts, One is Hotchkis at SEMA there was a CHASSIS BRACE #20104 that looked good, And then There was Energy Suspension that had some parts to, Front and rear control arm bushings and front and rear sway bar bushings sets and rear subframe mounts bushings or inserts.

I know what you mean on the rear end as it moves all over the place at high speed in a turn, Good luck if you need more help let me know.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:56 PM   #5
55Designs

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
All so look at two more manufacturers for there parts, One is Hotchkis at SEMA there was a CHASSIS BRACE #20104 that looked good, And then There was Energy Suspension that had some parts to, Front and rear control arm bushings and front and rear sway bar bushings sets and rear subframe mounts bushings or inserts.

I know what you mean on the rear end as it moves all over the place at high speed in a turn, Good luck if you need more help let me know.

I def need more help here on what is next. I have come to the conclusion and I have a certain$ amount left to budget to sorta make this car more fun. If I cant get it to where I am happy I am selling the car no doubt.

I want to do the rear subframe bushing inserts PLEASE PM when you have them Rob.
I made a post on the Hotchkis Chassi brace but I think its too new for anyone to have feedback.

The rear end of this car just isnt predicatable yet for me.
55Designs is offline   Reply With Quote