Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Tower Decals
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion Come chat about other cars.

Old 11-10-2009, 01:58 PM   #1
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
"How the Auto Bailout is Punishing Ford"

http://www.usnews.com/money/blogs/fl...punishing-ford

Interesting...
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 02:20 PM   #2
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Everything will be ok, I just hope the govt doesn't fall for the "world is collapsing" rhetoric that the banks played that got this whole bailout business started back in 2008. Sick companies die. And if you're big enough, a larger company will buy your assets and some of your employees at a bargain basement price. The world moves on. Ford will be fine.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:42 PM   #3
futrocpd
P90X

Drives: 2000 SLP SS VERT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab2g View Post
Everything will be ok, I just hope the govt doesn't fall for the "world is collapsing" rhetoric that the banks played that got this whole bailout business started back in 2008. Sick companies die. And if you're big enough, a larger company will buy your assets and some of your employees at a bargain basement price. The world moves on. Ford will be fine.

P90X changed my life. Want to know more, PM me for more info on changing your life for the better
futrocpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:34 PM   #4
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Conversation before this article was written:

Bob: "Hey, did you see Ford post a $1B profit this quarter?"

Al: "Yeah, it is pretty exciting, I heard GM is picking up speed and heading toward profitability again too!"

Bob: "..."

Al: "What's wrong Bob?"

Bob: "Well, I have stock in tricyclic antidepressants"

Al: "Oh..."

Bob: "Hrmmm, I'm going to write this article to take as much optimism out of the whole situation and try get everyone at each others throats once again..like it should be."

Al: "You're a genious!"
Old 11-10-2009, 03:37 PM   #5
Super83Z

Drives: 1999 Z28 1983 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
Conversation before this article was written:

Bob: "Hey, did you see Ford post a $1B profit this quarter?"

Al: "Yeah, it is pretty exciting, I heard GM is picking up speed and heading toward profitability again too!"

Bob: "..."

Al: "What's wrong Bob?"

Bob: "Well, I have stock in tricyclic antidepressants"

Al: "Oh..."

Bob: "Hrmmm, I'm going to write this article to take as much optimism out of the whole situation and try get everyone at each others throats once again..like it should be."

Al: "You're a genious!"
Truer words have never been typed. The world we live in is just full of people that want to stir shit up and there is a gaggle of people waiting to follow these morons.
201x Z28?
Super83Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:40 PM   #6
chevy454

Drives: '69 Yenko Camaro - 11.73 @ 118
Quote:
As the recession hit in 2008, free-market forces intensified, forcing the two domestics to hemorrhage cash. Ford wasn’t far behind, and some analysts expected Ford to line up for a bailout too. But by either luck or foresight, Ford had done some financial maneuvering in prior years that allowed it to survive the bloodletting without government aid.
FoMoCo was actually the worse of the Big3, as they started shopping their debt before GM or ChryCo, and was lucky in that they found a buyer prior to the economic collapse...but now, FoMoCo is saddled with like $38mil in debt that is coming due...
Old 11-10-2009, 04:23 PM   #7
HeatherR

Drives: 2009 CTS, 2008 Solstice GXP
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy454 View Post
FoMoCo was actually the worse of the Big3, as they started shopping their debt before GM or ChryCo, and was lucky in that they found a buyer prior to the economic collapse...but now, FoMoCo is saddled with like $38mil in debt that is coming due...
Yes, they mortgaged everything...right down to the blue oval before the credit markets tightened up, otherwise, they would have been right there for the bailout along with the other two...they lucked into that. So, they have benifited from the bailouts in that they didn't have to take one and public perception is that they were stronger, better, etc. Also, people against the bailout won't buy a car from "Government Motors" and if they want to Buy American go to Ford...MANY people feel that way :(
HeatherR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 06:21 PM   #8
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
This article....see: worthless.

The storm is ending...and two of the three are now on steady footing to post profits, and market share. If GM and Ford continue to gain market share, then the only people who will be "punished" are the import companies that have little impact in the country anyways.

It's an opinion piece. Notice he cites ZERO facts as evidence for his theory...

EDIT: I'm sorry...he did post one fact, and that was Ford's 2.2 point increase...citing it could have been 5 or 10...here's the trouble: #1, nobody can predict that it wouldn't have all gone to Toyota, Nissan, etc....#2...30 points up for grabs, and this dippy suggests Ford could have snatched 10 of them....what about the other 20?
Old 11-11-2009, 11:30 PM   #9
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
I only posted this to see if everyone else thought of him as an idiot like I did lol.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote