Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-21-2017, 09:07 AM   #1
strykerg8gt

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Transformers the Last Knight

Did anyone happen to go see it last night? I took my son with me and while the storyline was OK, it was easily an hour too long. Just when I thought they couldn't ruin the franchise anymore than they already had, surprise they found a way.

Best part of the movie was Bumblebee. I know there are pictures that have been posted online of the new look. While most of the bodykit/add-ons are over the top like usual, I will say that the spoiler they used is HSV-styled and did look good on the 6th gen. Maybe GM will offer this as an option in the future.
strykerg8gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 09:19 AM   #2
SSEssence

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS RS SIM
I gave up on that franchise after falling asleep in the last movie, went way downhill
K&N Blackhawk CAI / JBA Ceramic Shortys / JBA HFC / BDG O2 90° Sims / Muffler & Resonator Delete w/ Magnaflow Tru X Pipe / Taylor 409 Coil Wires / Vitesse Extended Paddles / KMC KM775 (285/305) / BMR 1.25" Springs / BMR Strut Brace / Carbon Creations Circuit Cowl Hood/ Z28 Spoiler / ZL1Addons Stealth Wicker Bill & Rockguards / Ikon front lip / SCT Tuned by DynoSteve
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 09:21 AM   #3
shaffe

Drives: 2012 Focus
The first one was fun to watch because of the special effects and it was just a fun popcorn movie. Second was just ok, but the third and fourth entries were terrible IMO

I'll wait for it to be on netflix
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 12:11 PM   #4
dantemcc

Drives: 2014 Camaro LT RS Bumblebee
Being a huge transformers fan, I'll just simply say it sucked in every way possible.
Old Yesterday, 07:02 AM   #5
strykerg8gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantemcc View Post
Being a huge transformers fan, I'll just simply say it sucked in every way possible.
My wife asked what was so bad about the movie and when I couldn't find a place to start, she knew it was bad. I'm a big fan of Transformers also, and I'll turn on the movies when they're on TV, mostly for my son, but even he fell asleep in the theatre midway through and he was psyched to go see it.
Old Yesterday, 04:13 PM   #6
dantemcc

Drives: 2014 Camaro LT RS Bumblebee
The major problem was they tried to make it a "real" movie instead of the fun, over the top, popcorn movie like the first two. I doubt anyone goes to see transformers for an Oscar worthy movie. It's all about great directing, action sequences, fast cars and pretty girls. They went WAY to deep in this movie and in my opinion ruined it. It wasn't what the trailers made it out to be. IMO
Old Yesterday, 04:56 PM   #7
strykerg8gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantemcc View Post
The major problem was they tried to make it a "real" movie instead of the fun, over the top, popcorn movie like the first two. I doubt anyone goes to see transformers for an Oscar worthy movie. It's all about great directing, action sequences, fast cars and pretty girls. They went WAY to deep in this movie and in my opinion ruined it. It wasn't what the trailers made it out to be. IMO
This is a good perspective of where they've gone wrong with the franchise. Stick with what works, and an overly complex storyline surely isn't what Transformers should be about.