Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old Yesterday, 06:46 PM   #1
Ctkizer

Drives: 2016 2LT RS convertible
Shenanigans

Absolutely amazing, guy pulls out from from a residential side street. Cuts directly into the middle lane without signaling while looking at me, where I'm at going 40mph. I brake hard and honk at him. He gets mad at my rudeness. Yells at me to go f myself and gives me the bird. Apparently I could of damaged his new corolla with my right of way driving. I didn't respond to him cuz I have my 5 yr old nice with me I pick up from school everyday.
Ctkizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:12 AM   #2
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Lots of idiots are still mad about the election.
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:00 PM   #3
Frank237

Drives: Kubota 2640, 83 BMW R-65, 2017 1 SS
Saw a segment regarding the German Autobahn. Behavior like that, giving one the finger, or any other gesture like that....Highly frowned upon in Germany. One can get fined and fairly heavily.

I wish we had better driver education and it was tougher to get a license, driving was taken as a responsibility and one to be done correctly, we had tougher Laws for truly bad driving.

We have so many simply terrible, incompetent drivers out there.
Frank237 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:24 PM   #4
Stingr69
'69 Owned Since '79

Drives: '69 Z/28 LeMans Blue w/White
Guy was rude for sure.

That said, Maybe consider not honking next time. Avoid teaching more bad behaviors to the ones who matter most. The kids see your reaction, they see the other guys reaction. The impressionable youngsters learn from adults how they will aspire to behave. Keeping cool and courteous is the best lesson you could teach.

(Flame suit on)
Stingr69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:33 PM   #5
flipstyledsm22
Let's go fishing!

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Vert/G7C
I thought that's just how you Californians drive???

flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:50 PM   #6
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank237 View Post
Saw a segment regarding the German Autobahn. Behavior like that, giving one the finger, or any other gesture like that....Highly frowned upon in Germany. One can get fined and fairly heavily.

I wish we had better driver education and it was tougher to get a license, driving was taken as a responsibility and one to be done correctly, we had tougher Laws for truly bad driving.

We have so many simply terrible, incompetent drivers out there.
I'm as red- blooded American as there ever was. I take pride in my country, and have a lot of hope these days that it will be made great again. However... the Autobahn has drivers that are VASTLY superior to our drivers. They know which is the correct lane to drive in, they are courteous, nearly 100% of them have actual licenses to drive (those without WILL be punished harshly), they use turn signals (yes, even the BMW drivers there do!), and they know WTF they are doing.

There are lot of U.S. servicepeople in Europe... their vehicles are easy to spot because they have special license plates. It was a source of shame for me to see that even though the percentage of Americans on the road was fairly small (maybe... 1%?), a LARGE percentage of the time, when a problem was occurring in traffic on the Autobahn, there was an American's vehicle causing the issues: The slowest car on the road driving in the left- most lane; lane drifting, failure to signal, horn- honking and middle- fingers for everybody... really embarrassing to those of us who take pride in skillful driving.

Driver training there is intense, expensive and thorough. It's also easy to lose one's driver's license, due to just a few seemingly small exhibitions of jackass. Here, we hand out driver's licenses perilously close to making it a right (not a privilege), while punishments for screwing up endlessly (or not having any license whatsoever) are pretty much just forgiven for the first 30 or 40 offenses.

And THAT is why the drivers on this side of the pond suck, compared to the professional, safe, awesome drivers in Germany.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote