Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hines Performance (HPE)
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Old Today, 11:28 AM   #1
Bulldog3071

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Play station Network Down Again

Here we go again the PSN is down again, did Sony not learn from the last time the network was hacked, I know it's only a game system and much more important things are happening in the world but come on Sony get your act together. People pay good money for these seems to work and are denied service because of the idiots that get off taking the system down. Two things need to happen, one the folks that caused the system to go down should be prosecuted or Sony should hire them idiots to find the weakness in their network.

Hurst Short Throw Shifter, K&N CAI, SRP Racing Pedals, GM Performance Exhaust, GM GFX Package
Lakewood Strut Tower Brace
Bulldog3071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:45 AM   #2
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
For me its working and was working mostly yesterday well the later part of the day/evening. Also you cant prevent what happened to their network as the same thing happened to Xbox live I am sure there are some IT/computer tech people can explain why its hard to prevent the type of attack that happened.
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:46 PM   #3
The Black Knight
2013 Black LFX

Drives: 2013 Camaro V6
Yeah I was on last night playing Advanced Warfare. It had been down since the 24th but was up and running great last night.

Mods: Flowmaster Series 10's axle back, Black ZL1 20X9 wheels(from Factory Reproductions), K&N Typhoon cold air intake, 20% window tint(all sides & back), gun metal hash marks, black outs for Camaro and Chevy badges, Vitesse Throttle Controller
The Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:05 PM   #4
TheGhosty

Drives: '11 SW 1LT RS
Give this a try: http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments...ct_even_after/

It worked for me yesterday.
Old Today, 01:08 PM   #5
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog3071 View Post
Here we go again the PSN is down again, did Sony not learn from the last time the network was hacked, I know it's only a game system and much more important things are happening in the world but come on Sony get your act together. People pay good money for these seems to work and are denied service because of the idiots that get off taking the system down. Two things need to happen, one the folks that caused the system to go down should be prosecuted or Sony should hire them idiots to find the weakness in their network.
Sony wasn't hacked, before you start complaining know the difference. They suffered from a DDoS attack. In layman's terms they pinged the servers millions of times a second until the system overloaded and shut down (the same way old computers use to do if you ran too many things at once). You can't prevent this type of an attack. And as already mentioned the group did this to MS's servers first and then did it to Sony.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote