Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-01-2010, 06:33 PM   #141
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Both the seller and the buyer are idiots. This kind of buying and selling drives prices out of control on other parts as well.
I just don't get GM not letting people upgrade the VCIM to get the Bluetooth. They could be making a lot of money of on this at the normal price and would get a lot more people like me to possible get an ONSTAR contract.
Sorry, just venting on this a little ! I am battling GM to let me upgrade. I finally got to a GM rep that understands that GM is losing money by not allowing people to upgrade to a Bluetooth VCIM.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:25 PM   #142
oachalon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Yeah i spoke to the schram guys as well and they told me they were getting $400. I told them to contact me when they want to sell at a reasonable price.

My guess is 98% of the people buying these modules are on this forum. Us consumers need to work together and drive these prices down. No reason we should be paying over $200 for a used onstar module.
oachalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:22 AM   #143
motor1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS/M6.....no longer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
Both the seller and the buyer are idiots. This kind of buying and selling drives prices out of control on other parts as well.
I just don't get GM not letting people upgrade the VCIM to get the Bluetooth. They could be making a lot of money of on this at the normal price and would get a lot more people like me to possible get an ONSTAR contract.
Sorry, just venting on this a little ! I am battling GM to let me upgrade. I finally got to a GM rep that understands that GM is losing money by not allowing people to upgrade to a Bluetooth VCIM.
Maybe if the masses had an organized voice based on Safety Concerns, that is the only way to make progress with huge corporations. I chose the M6 so talking while driving just doesnt happen while holding a phone. I try to not talk at all, but went with a Motorola Option that I found on Ebay for about 50.00. It works great and is hardly noticed. It has an internal speaker which works very well, and has an FM transmitter that can use the cars speaker system that is ok but you have to save the FREQ as a station preset and switch before calling. No biggie but not worth the extra step since the internal speaker is fine. Here is the link for more info:

http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US...mitter-US-EN-2
motor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:42 AM   #144
VT2CA

Drives: 2010 1LT CYBER GREY
We need to stop posting Ebay links in this thread and giving these guys free advertising. We all know how to find this box on Ebay and CL, when is someone gonna find another more creative way to get them?? (no offense all)

Has anyone tried to replace a stolen box through the dealer? Not sure of the logistics here??
VT2CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 05:52 PM   #145
Nutbutt

The only way I have heard of anyone getting a new unit was for a defective unit. My dealer said that they had to take the unit out send it in to verify the unit was defective then they sent a new BT unit and charged the guy for the unit. I'm tempted to take mine back out a hit it with 120V ! I'm sure they would try and screw me somehow.
I was told in my last call to GM that a Rep would get back to me on my request by Thursday ! I am not holding my breath.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:59 PM   #146
alexice1421

Drives: 2012 Chevy Corvette TR 2LT LS3 6spd
i want that damn module sooooo bad jeeeez, gm sux....i wanted the C&C package but they didn't offer it with the 1ss...at least they weren't offering it to me when i was ordering my car. cuz hands free is so neccesary when my cell phone is going off in the beast lol

Alex Ristovic
Writer/Host/Producer/Podcast-er for The Heavy Foot...I love cars and I love talking about cars.

Check out our episodes on YoutTube

Please check out my site, The Heavy Foot
And please listen to our Podcast, new episodes every week.

Any feedback on site or podcast is welcomed. If you have any suggestions for future shows or what you would want to listen to, email here.
alexice1421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 06:02 PM   #147
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
The only way I have heard of anyone getting a new unit was for a defective unit. My dealer said that they had to take the unit out send it in to verify the unit was defective then they sent a new BT unit and charged the guy for the unit. I'm tempted to take mine back out a hit it with 120V ! I'm sure they would try and screw me somehow.
I was told in my last call to GM that a Rep would get back to me on my request by Thursday ! I am not holding my breath.
I'll hold my breath for ya'!!

But the dude probably had a BT unit to begin with right? Or did he have a regular joe-shmoe module...
Old 03-02-2010, 06:43 PM   #148
Nutbutt

No, It was a 1ss without the BT. The dealership said because it wasn't a replacement of the original, they wouldn't cover the cost of the BT unit on the warranty, even though the first unit was defective.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:17 PM   #149
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Quote:
No, It was a 1ss without the BT. The dealership said because it wasn't a replacement of the original, they wouldn't cover the cost of the BT unit on the warranty, even though the first unit was defective.
Very interesting...
Old 03-04-2010, 08:56 PM   #150
Yellow1lt

Drives: Yellow 1LT
not sure if this is an issue still but i just got my new BT module installed from a wrecked camaro... onstar changed all the serial numbers etc over to match my vin and account. i know previously onstar would show the old vin that the car belonged to. the tech support was very good and updated the box info for me while i was on hold. works good now i gotta find a steering wheel for the handsfree controls
Yellow1lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:48 AM   #151
technoside2

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Send a message via AIM to technoside2
Quote:
Originally Posted by oachalon View Post
Yeah i spoke to the schram guys as well and they told me they were getting $400. I told them to contact me when they want to sell at a reasonable price.

My guess is 98% of the people buying these modules are on this forum. Us consumers need to work together and drive these prices down. No reason we should be paying over $200 for a used onstar module.
I paid 475 with shipping for mine. I did get robbed. But I'm glad I have it now.
technoside2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:54 AM   #152
Nutbutt

Well I finally got a call from GM rep saying that they are reviewing my request an I should have a response shortly. I asked what criteria was being used to allow me to upgrade the VCIM and the rep said he would find out. Knowing how to qualify could help everyone trying to get one. I'll post when I get the call.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:55 AM   #153
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Quote:
Well I finally got a call from GM rep saying that they are reviewing my request an I should have a response shortly. I asked what criteria was being used to allow me to upgrade the VCIM and the rep said he would find out. Knowing how to qualify could help everyone trying to get one. I'll post when I get the call.
Sounds like you are on to something...

Old 03-05-2010, 10:45 AM   #154
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Oh! And don't forget to mention that you can't put a price on safety...but if they have to $250-$300 sounds about nice