Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion Come chat about other cars.

Old 11-14-2009, 01:34 AM   #1
derklug

Drives: 12 Boss 302
How long is the second muscle car age?

A friend and I were discussing the new Camaros, Mustangs, Challengers,etc. etc. and wondering if we should be buying and storing. He is in his early 60's and owned a used car dealership. He has had almost any classic or collectable car you could imagine, but wishes he had stored them around 74 when they could be bought for a song. I wondered if anyone was thinking of 25 years down the road and if a collection of 2011 muscle cars would be a good collection. I am thinking that it just might be, the next couple of years may be the most exciting since the late 60's.
derklug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:44 AM   #2
AngryAmish

Drives: Impala
Well before I can answer your question you have to define to me what you feel a muscle car is. There are a ton of people that wouldn't consider any car with a V6 as muscle, but there are some V6's that could hang with the big boys. My definition of muscle car is "fast with aggressive styling." I'll probably take some flames for that, but eh.
Proud Owner of #168
AngryAmish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:45 AM   #3
fixxxer525
Account Suspended

Drives: 01S10,01CBR600,05Ducati, 10 2SS/RS
Send a message via ICQ to fixxxer525
Not sure, everything is switching over to Hybrid or energy efficent vehicles. Who knows, our government might tax us heavily on gasoline operated vehicles x-amount of years down the road. With "Global Warming" the main issue for the future, our V8's could be the Cash for Clunker's Program of the future. I don't have a crystal ball but it seems that fossil fueled vehicles are targeted for termination. But 2012 is around the corner and the end is nigh, f@#k it, lets do some burn outs and speed it up.
fixxxer525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:50 AM   #4
derklug

Drives: 12 Boss 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryAmish View Post
Well before I can answer your question you have to define to me what you feel a muscle car is. There are a ton of people that wouldn't consider any car with a V6 as muscle, but there are some V6's that could hang with the big boys. My definition of muscle car is "fast with aggressive styling." I'll probably take some flames for that, but eh.
I am pretty liberal with the term, if it makes your a$$hole pucker when you hit the gas, it qualifies.
derklug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 04:47 AM   #5
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
It's a tough question to answer. But the fact is, life is short...if you get one of these cars - Drive It, and have fun!!!

Here is my $34,200 Camaro posing with a $51,000 Challenger and a $132,550 Shelby. (I also got to meet Gary Scelzi that day too.)
Attached Images

~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 04:48 AM   #6
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Attached Images

~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
Old 11-15-2009, 04:49 AM   #7
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Attached Images

Old 11-15-2009, 04:50 AM   #8
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Attached Images

Old 11-15-2009, 04:51 AM   #9
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Attached Images

Old 11-15-2009, 10:52 AM   #10
Xanthos
Almost-Original Postwhore

Drives: Stick
One thing to keep in mind is that even back in the 70s, the other cars disappeared but the camaro and mustang stuck around for another 30 years. Then the camaro took a break, and now all three are on the streets again. Even if the current muscle car ressurrection falls away in a few years, there's no precident to show that the camaro or mustang will go with it.
- X
Old 11-17-2009, 03:03 PM   #11
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
The cars won't be as heavily gimped this time around as there were in the early 70's. Expect power and displacement to go down a bit, and vehicle size and weight to go down as well. Net result is that performance isn't going to take a nose dive, and consequently collectability isn't going to take a sharp rise. Some might be collectible on their own merits, but there won't be a model year for a while where its 'the last of the good ones', unless the car is simply discontinued (like the G8 or possibly Challenger)

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:16 PM   #12
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
The pictures you took from the front make the Shelby look sad lol.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:11 AM   #13
AngryAmish

Drives: Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_Username View Post
And the Camaro got a perma grin.
Proud Owner of #168
AngryAmish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:23 AM   #14
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_Username View Post
I hear ya! CyN said it best that night when I was getting ready to load 'em up. She said that it looked like a sad carp...and when you stop and really look at it, she was dead on!!!
Old 11-18-2009, 04:38 AM   #15
manimsoblack

Drives: 04 Pontiac Grand Am, 08 Ninja 650r
Challenger -_-
Camaro
Mustang :'(

A friend of mine and I were talking about this the other day and decided that within ten-fifteen years if this battle is still going on they'll all be supercars.
manimsoblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 05:40 AM   #16
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by manimsoblack View Post
Challenger -_-
Camaro
Mustang :'(

A friend of mine and I were talking about this the other day and decided that within ten-fifteen years if this battle is still going on they'll all be supercars.
I love the faces you made.