Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
HRE Wheels
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2010, 12:14 PM   #1905
agkelly73
 
agkelly73's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Hope Mills, NC
Posts: 417
Luna

Hello Everyone. My name is Adam and I have yet to post anything about my SIM so I figured it was time to do so. The main reason I haven’t posted yet is that I was deployed until recently. So here’s a little background on the story of “Luna”. I deployed to Afghanistan in August of 2009. Shortly after, around October, my wife and I finished paying off a few things and began talking about Camaros. I had it set in my head that I wouldn’t be getting one until I returned in August of 2010, however my wife had different plans. She ordered this beautiful, LOADED SIM for me right away in October 2009, surprising me none the least. My wife took delivery in December 2009, talk about a Christmas present! I came home on leave in April of 2009 for two weeks where I got to driver her the first time. My first long trip…..Camaro 5 Fest!!! LOL. A group of us from NC met up with Edog and his crew from VA, which is where I met Snoopster. Snoop, you and I were parked beside each other at the hotel in Savannah that night on the way down.

So now on to a little bit about the car. When my wife ordered it she had the GMPP axle backs put on along with the GMPP cold air intake. The intake never came about so I cancelled that order and had the dealer order directly from Halltech and they installed it for me and cut me a check for the difference! I love my dealer. While at C5 Fest, I purchased an illuminated bow tie and color shift halos for the headlights and foglights. I also purchased black billeted bowties from Defenderworks and gill decals as well. Since then I have also added blackout decals for the tail lights and sidemarkers and I love the look. My latest project was a modified engine cover with mesh cutouts, but I didn’t stop there. I installed RGB LEDs to match the color shift halos and tied them all together for a unified look. Check out the pics and let me know what you think.

Oh and if anyone is interested, my DIY post on the engine cover can be found here with plenty of pics:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110883

































agkelly73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:40 PM   #1906
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,282
I saw your write up on the engine cover and thought it was cool. Great story! Thank you for your service!
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 01:25 PM   #1907
Maro99

 
Maro99's Avatar
 
Drives: Heel toe express..
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North Charleston, S.C
Posts: 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by agkelly73 View Post
Hello Everyone. My name is Adam and I have yet to post anything about my SIM so I figured it was time to do so. The main reason I haven’t posted yet is that I was deployed until recently. So here’s a little background on the story of “Luna”. I deployed to Afghanistan in August of 2009. Shortly after, around October, my wife and I finished paying off a few things and began talking about Camaros. I had it set in my head that I wouldn’t be getting one until I returned in August of 2010, however my wife had different plans. She ordered this beautiful, LOADED SIM for me right away in October 2009, surprising me none the least. My wife took delivery in December 2009, talk about a Christmas present! I came home on leave in April of 2009 for two weeks where I got to driver her the first time. My first long trip…..Camaro 5 Fest!!! LOL. A group of us from NC met up with Edog and his crew from VA, which is where I met Snoopster. Snoop, you and I were parked beside each other at the hotel in Savannah that night on the way down.

So now on to a little bit about the car. When my wife ordered it she had the GMPP axle backs put on along with the GMPP cold air intake. The intake never came about so I cancelled that order and had the dealer order directly from Halltech and they installed it for me and cut me a check for the difference! I love my dealer. While at C5 Fest, I purchased an illuminated bow tie and color shift halos for the headlights and foglights. I also purchased black billeted bowties from Defenderworks and gill decals as well. Since then I have also added blackout decals for the tail lights and sidemarkers and I love the look. My latest project was a modified engine cover with mesh cutouts, but I didn’t stop there. I installed RGB LEDs to match the color shift halos and tied them all together for a unified look. Check out the pics and let me know what you think.

Oh and if anyone is interested, my DIY post on the engine cover can be found here with plenty of pics:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110883

































Love the halos and engine bay.. Nice work
Maro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 01:44 PM   #1908
Maro99

 
Maro99's Avatar
 
Drives: Heel toe express..
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North Charleston, S.C
Posts: 1,501
Heres some pics of my SIM..
Attached Images
         
Maro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 02:23 PM   #1909
agkelly73
 
agkelly73's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Hope Mills, NC
Posts: 417
Garcamol, thanks!

Maro, I was watching your thread as this thing came together. I absolutely love it. One of a kind and just completely bad a$$!!!!
agkelly73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:19 PM   #1910
thesnoopster


 
thesnoopster's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 SIM SS/A6 - '12 SIM Equinox LT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 3,623
Hey agkelly,

That looks good!! ...and yes I remember the journey to C5 fest and it was a blast to hang out as well. I like what you did to the car... it looks great ....Keep up the good work and hopefully down the road we could meet again

Maro 99,

Thats a awesome looking engine work I tell ya
__________________
2010 SIM Camaro 1SS/A6

Mods: "93 Octane and a baby seat..." TunedByFrost/EFI Performance,LLC @ PAS "You gotta love me ... or leave me alone"
thesnoopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:28 PM   #1911
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!
 
ddunerider's Avatar
 
Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Phillips Ranch ca. So-Cal
Posts: 5,923
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
Wow some cool stuff here!!!
__________________
WE RACE DEEP!!
BBK Intake, Flowmaster AT cat back Barton shifter,Painted stripes,,Heritage grill,LED DRLs, Smokin Tires!!
ddunerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:44 PM   #1912
SirBrad
The Captain
 
SirBrad's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS SIM
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Freehold, NJ
Posts: 1,499
agkelly73, do you have a link for what you used on your side gills? One of the best looks I've seen on a SIM. Thanks.
SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:38 AM   #1913
agkelly73
 
agkelly73's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Hope Mills, NC
Posts: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBrad View Post
agkelly73, do you have a link for what you used on your side gills? One of the best looks I've seen on a SIM. Thanks.
SirBrad, I bought mine at C5 Fest from RPI Designs and you can find them here:
http://rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=1802

I have also used products from Rider Graphics as well and they sell a set here:
http://rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=1802

Hope this helps.
agkelly73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 11:08 PM   #1914
thesnoopster


 
thesnoopster's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 SIM SS/A6 - '12 SIM Equinox LT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 3,623
:I was going through my pics of Misty and I came across this pic....I thought it was cool and i thought I would share with the SIM family .... oh and its baby Misty hehehe
Attached Images
 
__________________
2010 SIM Camaro 1SS/A6

Mods: "93 Octane and a baby seat..." TunedByFrost/EFI Performance,LLC @ PAS "You gotta love me ... or leave me alone"
thesnoopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:10 AM   #1915
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!
 
ddunerider's Avatar
 
Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Phillips Ranch ca. So-Cal
Posts: 5,923
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnoopster View Post
:I was going through my pics of Misty and I came across this pic....I thought it was cool and i thought I would share with the SIM family .... oh and its baby Misty hehehe
Its a mini Me Car!! lol
__________________
WE RACE DEEP!!
BBK Intake, Flowmaster AT cat back Barton shifter,Painted stripes,,Heritage grill,LED DRLs, Smokin Tires!!
ddunerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 07:20 AM   #1916
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,282
Happy Thanksgiving to all the SIM family! Hope your holiday is the best yet. I know I'm early, but heading out of town. Be safe driving, get there alive, and eat some bird!
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:00 PM   #1917
thesnoopster


 
thesnoopster's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 SIM SS/A6 - '12 SIM Equinox LT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 3,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Happy Thanksgiving to all the SIM family! Hope your holiday is the best yet. I know I'm early, but heading out of town. Be safe driving, get there alive, and eat some bird!
Thanks bro! .. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday
__________________
2010 SIM Camaro 1SS/A6

Mods: "93 Octane and a baby seat..." TunedByFrost/EFI Performance,LLC @ PAS "You gotta love me ... or leave me alone"
thesnoopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:05 AM   #1918
nWo4Life
 
nWo4Life's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT RS, silver w/ black stripe
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: PEI, Canada
Posts: 91
a quick little pic i took today.....waited too long to put it in storage now theres snow and salt everywhere lol washing it every time after i drive it
Attached Images
 
__________________
my 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo and 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
nWo4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:45 AM   #1919
St33lsinger
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
St33lsinger's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1 RS/SS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,096
Heres mine before and after some additions
Attached Images
        
__________________

Had: 69' RS, 78' Z28, 98' SS Have: 2010 1RS/SS
St33lsinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 04:11 PM   #1920
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9
 
PYROLYSIS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Summerv1LE SC
Posts: 5,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maro99 View Post
Heres some pics of my SIM..
Nice ride, and yes everyone should wear a gas mask when driving down Leeds avenue.
__________________
BRING BACK THE B4C POLICE CAMARO!
2002 V-6 5 speed rally red (current camaro) Also driven:1992 Z-28 305 auto Red w/ black stripes (anniversary), 2001 V-6 auto light pewter metallic,1991 RS V-6 auto Black
PYROLYSIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 04:36 PM   #1921
Maro99

 
Maro99's Avatar
 
Drives: Heel toe express..
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North Charleston, S.C
Posts: 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
Nice ride, and yes everyone should wear a gas mask when driving down Leeds avenue.
lol.. Thanks
Maro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
silver camaro, silver ice metallic, silver ice metallic camaro, sim camaro

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OFFICIAL COLOR (and interior) Threads of all Camaro production colors Tran Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 137 07-09-2014 08:55 PM
Think about this and the Z28 5th gen 13F20 Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 41 09-04-2010 01:59 AM
Official Camaro Convertible CONCEPT Press Release Tran Camaro Convertible Forum 12 11-18-2009 08:05 PM
Pedders Suspension Benchmark Track Testing and New Jersey Track Day Info@PeddersUSA.com USA - NY / NJ / PA 35 10-26-2009 06:20 PM
Silver Ice Metallic LS Camaro! Jim Thompson Dealer Camaros for Sale 9 10-24-2009 05:22 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.