Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Flowmaster Exhaust
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:24 PM   #1
Rickie

Drives: 2000 Mustang GT Conv
Eibach lowering springs, Pro-Kit or Sportline?

I've been looking at the Eibach springs to lower my future V6 Camaro, but don't know if I should get the Pro-Kit or Sportline version. I guess the question is lower it with Pro-Kit (1" front and 1.3" rear), or Sportline that isn't available yet. When it's available, I'm sure it will be even lower.

I'm looking for pictures of your lowered Camaro with your thoughts on the change in ride from stock.

My thought would be that if your going to lower it, then you'd want to lower it by the most.

Last edited by Rickie; 11-15-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Rickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 10:36 PM   #2
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
lower it the most you can....

To me the 1" and 1.3" isn't all that much since there about 2.5" - 3" gap between tire and fender. I would go with the pro-kit. Go look at some of the pictures from SEMA and you'll see some lowered Camaros.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:24 AM   #3
1sickss

Drives: BADDEST SS IN ATL!!!!
eibach pro is the way to go
1sickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 02:00 PM   #4
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
I have heard from the company that I got my pro-kit springs from (which by the way is an even 1" all around drop for the SS, maybe it's still 1" front and 1.3" rear) that Eibach dropped the sportline kit since it was too aggressive. Don't quote me on it, since it may not be true, but I sure haven't heard of anyone with a sportline set. attached are some pics of mine with the prokit. think it's just what the car needed. ride quality is really not sacrificed much either. With the FE2 V-6 suspension, your ride height may not resemble the same drop in the SS.
Attached Images

VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 02:06 PM   #5
2010 2-Tone

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS with Custom Stripes
Looks Good!!!!
2010 2-Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 02:40 PM   #6
eddie SS
ALWAYS A MARINE......!!!

Drives: 2010 camaro IOM/2SS/RS/sunroof
Send a message via AIM to eddie SS
Looks good. I have mine but there not installed yet.

Mods so far: SOLO Performance MACH XL cat-back exhaust, NOWEEDS exhaust diverters, Tinted windows, gas cap decal, bow tie black outs, Cold Air Inc CAI, Eibach Pro kit lowering springs

Mods I have but not installed yet: rear trunk black out, Diablosport Trinity

Future Mods: ARH long tube w/ high flow cats or Dynatech's SuperMaXX long tube w/ high flow cats, Maggie S/C
eddie SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 05:50 PM   #7
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
you'll definitely enjoy it!
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 06:27 PM   #8
Santos
Santos

Drives: 1SS Blk 6M
is there any camber to worry about, also which has better ride quality i prefer the stiff suspension setups, i used to have eibach pro on my 350z, they rode nice but a little on the softer side
Old 11-17-2009, 10:54 AM   #9
nemosgt

Drives: 2006 Ford Mustang GT
Send a message via ICQ to nemosgt
Sportline for show cars. Pro-kit for daily driving, track days, etc.

Yes lowering the car will give you more negative camber, but this not necessarily a bad thing. It will improve your corner turn in and general over-all handling.
With the camaro, I don't know how much camber adjustment is available if you want to go back to specs, but the Mustangers use camber bolts (which I do not reccommend for track use) or after-market adjustable upper strut mounts.

My pro-kit lowered car ended up -1.4 camber which suited me fine as I do track the car occasionally.

Cheers.
nemosgt is offline   Reply With Quote