Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Exterior Parts & Accessories

Exterior Parts & Accessories All exterior parts and accessories.

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 11-17-2009, 01:26 PM   #1
AACstyle

Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Arrow Non-RS Camaro Xenon Conversion Kits from ORACLE > SALE $229 Shipped!

Achieve great Xenon Output without blinding other drivers on your non-RS Camaro with the ORACLE 35W Xenon Conversion Kit!

http://www.automotivelightstore.com/...arohidkit.aspx

ORACLE BRAND *DIGITAL* Xenon Conversion Kits-

DESCRIPTION: Improve Visibility, Nighttime Safety, Light Output, Styling, and add Value to your Vehicle!Oracle HID kits are the highest quality TRUE Xenon Conversion available. ORACLE Xenon Conversion kits were developed with strict standards and the latest technology available.

The new ORACLE Xenon Conversion Kits are so rugged that the Ballasts and Wiring can be completely submerged in water and continue to operate without failing! The new technology is so effective that AAC stands by a LIFETIME Warranty on this product.

Notice the definitive cut-off line on the Non-RS Camaro:

CONTENTS:
- (2) ORACLE Xenon HID Bulbs
- (2) Digital Xenon HID Ballasts
- Written Instructions and Diagram
- Brackets, Connectors Etc.
- Metal Alloy Carrying Case
- LIFETIME WARRANTY!

Available in color temperatures from 3000K to 12,000K (please specify)

Quote:
Color Temperature Explained:

Color Temperature: 3000K
3000K emits GOLDEN YELLOW color and offers superior penetration power during adverse weather epically in dense fog. The applications of the 3000K kit aim more towards secondary lighting apparatus such as high beam and fog lights. This is the color temperature that will catch all the attention on the road.

Color Temperature: 4300K
The light appears fairly white, and has light yellowish hue when reflected off the road identical to the OEM HID equipped vehicles. It is ideal for customers who does a lot of back road or canyon driving and need the optimal visibility.

Color Temperature: 6000K
6000K emits pure white light with very slight and barely noticeable tint of blue and purple. This color is for customers who is looking for pure performance white while improving the looks of their headlight.

Color Temperature: 8000K
ORACLE 8000K has an approximately 3000lm output, which is about 3x the light output of the traditional halogen light and slightly less light output compared to the 6000K. While it has a bit lesser light output, it emits bluer light than the 6000K.

Color Temperature: 10000K
ORACLE 10000K has an approximately 2800lm output, which is more than 2x the light output of the traditional halogen light. 10000K produces a deep blue light output approaching violet and the blue is noticeably deeper than the 8000K.

Color Temperature: 12000K
This color temperature puts out a deep bluish violet light and is deeper colored than the 10000K. It is for customer who is looking for the most extreme and most exotic looking light output.

Last edited by AACstyle; 08-31-2010 at 06:55 PM.
AACstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:27 PM   #2
8ty8 ls1
Resident Engineer

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 1988 GMC S-15
which level would best match your LED fogs?

12.68 @ 109: LSR cai, Borla S-type axle-back, Tunes
8ty8 ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:16 PM   #3
AACstyle

6000K and 8000K are both very close matches.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:19 PM   #4
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
I'm guessing that the difference between the Xenon and Bi-Xenon is that one has just regular beam and the other has both hi and low beam?

If I had the Xenon kit installed do I lose my high beams? Maybe it doesn't matter since they are so bright but just curious.

If I added the Xenon kit and then your Fog kit, is there any way to tie it in so that the Fogs come on every time the headlight comes on?

What about DRL? With non-RS the DRL is just a lower wattage of the headlights (at least that's what I've heard). How does the DRL work if the Xenon kit is installed?

Do you happen to have a pic or where you were able to mount the ballasts for the Xenon kit? I'm curious on how/where that is done.

Also, you should post up some pics of the Xenon kit installed with the Fogs as well. The IOM Camaro you just did looks wicked! Members that come across this thread need to see it in action. Are those 8000k lights you used on that car?
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:02 PM   #5
AACstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
If I had the Xenon kit installed do I lose my high beams? Maybe it doesn't matter since they are so bright but just curious.

If I added the Xenon kit and then your Fog kit, is there any way to tie it in so that the Fogs come on every time the headlight comes on?

What about DRL? With non-RS the DRL is just a lower wattage of the headlights (at least that's what I've heard). How does the DRL work if the Xenon kit is installed?

Do you happen to have a pic or where you were able to mount the ballasts for the Xenon kit? I'm curious on how/where that is done.

Also, you should post up some pics of the Xenon kit installed with the Fogs as well. The IOM Camaro you just did looks wicked! Members that come across this thread need to see it in action. Are those 8000k lights you used on that car?
1) This kit includes the high beam as well. The Low beam is Xenon and the High beam is Halogen.

2) Xenons will melt the fog light housings, we suggest the SMD bulbs instead:
http://www.automotivelightstore.com/...ROD&ProdID=452

3) The DRL still comes on as Xenon Light.

4) Here is the Driver Side, mounted to the airbox:

Will get some better pics for you and make a DIY.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:16 PM   #6
caverman

Thanks Justin.....You Rock! Great products and service.

So the SMD bulbs are just plug and play. I think I saw one of your videos where you basically just unplug the wire, twist out the original fog, twist in the new one.

So would the 8000k Xenon best match that SMD fog light?

A DYI on the Xenon would be great as well as one for the Afterburner tail lights.

So I guess there isn't a good way to tie the Fogs into the Xenons so they come on at the same time?

My "To Buy" list is getting larger from you:
-Xenon Kit
-SMD Fog Kit
-Afterburner Tail Lights
-License Plate Kit
-Dome Light/Trunk Light Kit

*maybe getting the light that goes in the interior foot well also.

Can't wait.....just a couple more months and I should get my car. I thought I was going to put the HID stuff off for a little bit but I can't stop starring at your Afterburner lights!!!
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
Old 11-17-2009, 05:57 PM   #7
D1BADZ
hmmmmm

Drives: 2010 IOM in-n-out 2SS
I like how the bumper hangs over the lights and gives it this cut off line as you stated! looks great! in the pic what temp is that?

D1BADZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 06:00 PM   #8
AACstyle

Quote:
Thanks Justin.....You Rock! Great products and service.

So the SMD bulbs are just plug and play. I think I saw one of your videos where you basically just unplug the wire, twist out the original fog, twist in the new one.

So would the 8000k Xenon best match that SMD fog light?

A DYI on the Xenon would be great as well as one for the Afterburner tail lights.

So I guess there isn't a good way to tie the Fogs into the Xenons so they come on at the same time?

My "To Buy" list is getting larger from you:
-Xenon Kit
-SMD Fog Kit
-Afterburner Tail Lights
-License Plate Kit
-Dome Light/Trunk Light Kit

*maybe getting the light that goes in the interior foot well also.

Can't wait.....just a couple more months and I should get my car. I thought I was going to put the HID stuff off for a little bit but I can't stop starring at your Afterburner lights!!!
1) Correct, just replace the bulb and plug it in

2) Yes, that would be a very good match.

3) Working on both right now.

4) Yes, but if you have a non-RS you should already be able to have the fogs and headlights on...
Old 11-18-2009, 11:43 AM   #9
D1BADZ
hmmmmm

Drives: 2010 IOM in-n-out 2SS
Do you happen to sell 55W hids? or is there a downside to that output?

D1BADZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 11:51 AM   #10
caverman

Another question for you Justin....

Do you have a bi-Xenon kit?

How is it that the low beam is Xenon but the high beam is Halogen? Wouldn't I be basically replacing the bulb? Sorry for my ignorance but I'm new to all the HID stuff.

BFXenon has a bi-Xenon kit that only has one ballast for each side. I'm assuming Oracle is a better product but I do like idea of the bi-Xenon. How do Oracle's product rate up to BFXenon? Don't worry...I'm sure I'll be using your Oracle products because I LOVE the Afterburner lights, your Fogs are plug and play, and your service seems to be top notch. Just curious on the differences though. The more research/knowledge I have the better I feel about making the right choice.
Build Journal
Old 11-18-2009, 12:25 PM   #11
AACstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1BADZ View Post
Do you happen to sell 55W hids? or is there a downside to that output?
We have 50W kits in stock, there is no downside to the increased wattage, just brighter light.
These 50W kits are $30 additional.

Quote:
Another question for you Justin....
Do you have a bi-Xenon kit?
Yes, we have the Bi-Xenon kits as well.
The Bi-Xenon option is $30 Additional.

I added both of these upgrade options to the listing here: http://www.automotivelightstore.com/...ROD&ProdID=488
Old 11-18-2009, 01:42 PM   #12
caverman

Great....Thanks!

For the price difference I'll definately go bi-Xenon. Does your bi-Xenon have only 1 ballast for each side or 2 per side?

Don't forget to let us know when you get that Afterburner DYI done. I'm instrested in the Xenon DYI also but at least I got a chance to look at BFXenon's and have an idea of the process.
Build Journal

Last edited by caverman; 11-18-2009 at 04:30 PM.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:09 PM   #13
AACstyle

Quote:
Great....Thanks!

For the price difference I'll definately go bi-Xenon. Does your bi-Xenon have only 1 ballast for each side or 2 per side?
The bi-xenon has one ballast per side. Like the bi-xenon option you see on late model BMW and Lexus the bi-xenon effect is the result of articulation of the light source rather than an actual second light source.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:14 PM   #14
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AACstyle View Post
The bi-xenon has one ballast per side. Like the bi-xenon option you see on late model BMW and Lexus the bi-xenon effect is the result of articulation of the light source rather than an actual second light source.
Uugghhh....sorry but I guess I don't understand exactly what you are saying here?

I'm not into BMW or Lexus so I don't know how they work. Also I've never had a car with HID so it's all new to me as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AACstyle View Post
the bi-xenon effect is the result of articulation of the light source rather than an actual second light source.
Does that mean it uses some kind of mirror or reflector to make the light brighter for the high beams?

Build Journal
Old 11-27-2009, 01:55 PM   #15
AACstyle

Quote:
Uugghhh....sorry but I guess I don't understand exactly what you are saying here?

I'm not into BMW or Lexus so I don't know how they work. Also I've never had a car with HID so it's all new to me as well.

Does that mean it uses some kind of mirror or reflector to make the light brighter for the high beams?

Quick explanation, "high beams" are not brighter than "low beams" as many believe. The high beam reflects higher than the low beam by hitting the facets of the reflector at a different angle. Each mirrored surface you see inside of your headlight bowl it designed to put the light on a certian point on the road giving you your "beam pattern" when you hit your high beam a different filament lights up which reflects at a different angle.

With HID the bulb actually moves back and up to reposition itself to make the light go higher and achieve the same effect.

Hope that helps.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:57 AM   #16
joehasmith

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I purchased a set of H13/L 35 W 8000K HID for my 2010 Camaro and because of the low 9-amp output on the DRL they do not work properly. They flicker and then go out. Is this ORACLE Xenon Conversion kits different and will it resolve my problem. I would rather not disable the DRL I would like everything to work like factory. Is there a fix? I also pickup you Halos and I think they’re great and am looking forward to getting the afterburners as well.Thanks for any help you can give me.

Last edited by joehasmith; 11-28-2009 at 11:27 AM.
joehasmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 11:41 AM   #17
AACstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehasmith View Post
I purchased a set of H13/L 35 W 8000K HID for my 2010 Camaro and because of the low 9-amp output on the DRL they do not work properly. They flicker and then go out. Is this ORACLE Xenon Conversion kits different and will it resolve my problem. I would rather not disable the DRL I would like everything to work like factory. Is there a fix? I also pickup you Halos and I think they’re great and am looking forward to getting the afterburners as well.Thanks for any help you can give me.
We do sell ballasts that accept a low voltage input that will correct this problem. All of our Camaro HID kit now come with this type of ballast to rectify the DRL problem that some of you are experiencing.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:36 PM   #18
joehasmith

Great I will call you to order. Can I, also order the afterburner? Thanks!
Old 11-28-2009, 04:40 PM   #19
AACstyle

Quote:
Great I will call you to order. Can I, also order the afterburner? Thanks!
Yes, give us a call Monday and we would be happy to get you set up
Old 11-29-2009, 03:20 AM   #20
tmac1granger33
NM HT5

Drives: COTW 3/5/12
Do you have any pics of cool white on a non rs camaro? this is what im looking into??
tmac1granger33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:55 AM   #21
AACstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac1granger33 View Post
Do you have any pics of cool white on a non rs camaro? this is what im looking into??
Yes, the picture in post #1 is a non-RS Camaro.

Here is a video:
Old 11-30-2009, 03:01 PM   #22
joehasmith

Justin, I have asked my installer, here in San Diego to give you a call today and order the correct low voltage input ballests, afterbruners and backup lights. Thanks again for your help! Joe
Old 11-30-2009, 03:26 PM   #23
AACstyle

Quote:
Justin, I have asked my installer, here in San Diego to give you a call today and order the correct low voltage input ballests, afterbruners and backup lights. Thanks again for your help! Joe
Great, look forward to it!
Old 12-04-2009, 11:08 AM   #24
AACstyle

We are about to launch:

This way you all can keep up with all the rapid developments in our Camaro Lighting Arsenal. We will have a ton of resources such as DIYs, Guides, Videos, etc.

We may even add a forum section to the new site for people to share their advise and opinions on the products
Old 12-04-2009, 11:32 AM   #25
caverman

Look forward to that.....how long until you plan to have it up?

Build Journal