Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

B&M
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Canada Leafs

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 08:37 PM   #1
SQUALO
Early Production "SS"

Drives: 2010 SS IOM/WHITE RALLYS.
Angry I WILL CHOOSE MY THREADS MORE CAREFULLY, TO POST IN.

UPDATED THREAD TITLE

I WILL CHOOSE MY THREADS MORE CAREFULLY, TO POST IN.

I have decided to change the title of this thread to reveal my true intentions, so not to confuse anyone about my actions that will be taken. This is in light of some miscommunication on my part, and most importantly by the GRACIOUS SUPPORT I have received from EVERYONE AT HOME, AND BEYOND!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm here to RANT about what some hypocrites are saying about Canada, and the fact that the car is being built here. It's not the first time, and I'm sure it's not the last, but I'm really getting sick and tired of it. Here is the lastest thread, and it's minor in nature to others from the past.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104

This really bothers me when comments like this arise, especially because it once again downplays Canadians as second "fiddle" to Americans. I don't want to get into politics, as I have loving family who are Americans, not to mention friends new & old.

However, this topic has sprung up a couple of times, wheather it's jelousy or something else, I don't like it. It's not fair to us, as residents to this country, and to the hard working class, who put this great product together, and put smiles on new faces, and bring back memories for those who lived through the era of the
"true muscle car".

For the Americans who lurk and post in this section, you can take this anyway you like, but I'm sure you would do the same, when I say I have to make a stand for every TRUE, LOYAL, HARD WORKING CANADIAN IN THIS COUNTRY!

Thanx for listening,
I will not be making any further post in the 'General' section, but will continue to keep up with new information. I will gladly continue to go through the 'Picture' section and continue to enjoy everyones spectacular & proud photos of their Camaros.

Last edited by SQUALO; 11-19-2009 at 10:23 AM.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:45 PM   #2
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUALO View Post
I'm here to RANT about what some hypocrites are saying about Canada, and the fact that the car is being built here. It's not the first time, and I'm sure it's not the last, but I'm really getting sick and tired of it. Here is the lastest thread, and it's minor in nature to others from the past.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104

This really bothers me when comments like this arise, especially because it once again downplays Canadians as second "fiddle" to Americans. I don't want to get into politics, as I have loving family who are Americans, not to mention friends new & old.

However, this topic has sprung up a couple of times, wheather it's jelousy or something else, I don't like it. It's not fair to us, as residents to this country, and to the hard working class, who put this great product together, and put smiles on new faces, and bring back memories for those who lived through the era of the
"true muscle car".

For the Americans who lurk and post in this section, you can take this anyway you like, but I'm sure you would do the same, when I say I have to make a stand for every TRUE, LOYAL, HARD WORKING CANADIAN IN THIS COUNTRY!

Thanx for listening,
I will not be making any further post in the 'General' section, but will continue to keep up with new information. I will gladly continue to go through the 'Picture' section and continue to enjoy everyones spectacular & proud photos of their Camaros.
The original posts in that thread were made in 2006 when they were still trying to figure out where to build the Camaro..... Some fool decided to dig it up and now it looks like its a new topic when it is not.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:47 PM   #3
jparnapy

Drives: Camaro
i just want to say thank you for making my dream come true whatever part you played in it!!! it angered me to read some of that post about america and the car needs to be built here well you (the canadian worker) wasn't the one who made that decision gm did. if they r that upset they need to complain to gm not here. thank you from the bottom of my heart you make me smile every day. you were chosen to build my car and i will support you 100%. i do agree somewhat with american made this and that but gm made the decision so we should support the people making our cars and quit offending people. complain to gm if they r that mad!!!
Old 11-18-2009, 08:48 PM   #4
lee

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs
dang 06 someone was bored
Old 11-18-2009, 08:51 PM   #5
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Hey, I'll be honest with you. I do wish this car was made in the USA, but guess what? It is not and I have NO problem with that all. Hell, I sometimes forget Canada is another country as I think of all of us as one. Canadians have built a kick ass car. I'm just glad it got built at all!!!
Old 11-18-2009, 08:54 PM   #6
68/2010
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS Rally Yellow
I don't have a problem w/ my Camaro being made in Canada. I watched a show of the factories in Canada and thought it was awesome. You will always have people that are never happy. I'm looking for that sticker that says " mean people suck"
Old 11-18-2009, 08:56 PM   #7
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN

Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
All nations have something similar. We all have proportions of our population that don't know any better. That's why we don't employ them to do our international business for us. Ask a US diplomat how they feel about Canada. Our democratic government has an official policy of friendliness toward Canada. As someone who has spent his college experience studying, among other fields of political science, comparative politics and foreign policy, I want to point out that the US has an official policy of high respect for Canada. Our northern brothers have been nothing short of courteous since the last spat during the War of 1812. Evidence of this is in the length of our mutual, undefended border. It is the longest in the world, not because we perceive Canada to be weak. In fact, Canadian soldiers are among the bravest, fiercest warriors out there. It is because we shouldn't have to defend ourselves against a friend who has signed more treaties and contributed more to our well-being than any other nation can say of its neighbors. We are lucky to have our equal so close to us diplomatically, culturally, and geographically.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:01 PM   #8
Gibby
Z28 LS9

Drives: Traverse, Blazer, Cadillac,Fat Boy
Wow..........they really like us!

Thank you Blur, well said!
Old 11-18-2009, 09:07 PM   #9
2010victoryredss_ron
Born: August 27, 2009

Drives: 10CAMARO SS,12CRUZE RS,07 YAM R6
Send a message via MSN to 2010victoryredss_ron
hey we love the US here too, why dont we just have one big group hug!!!!!!!!
Old 11-18-2009, 09:10 PM   #10
ShnOmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010victoryredss_ron View Post
hey we love the US here too, why dont we just have one big group hug!!!!!!!!
Old 11-18-2009, 09:13 PM   #11
CloudXTC

Drives: 1LT|RS|SIM|M6|BA Stereo
does america really make anything anymore...

anyways... i had to post in that thread... its amazing how americans would downtalk canadians but would dare not mess with europeans and asia... and those are the ppl that have the most criticism about america.

1LT | RS | M6 | SIM | BA Stereo
1000 - [07-23-2009] Order Made at dealer
1100 - [08-04-2009] Preliminary order accepted
2000 - [08-25-2009] Accepted by GM
3000 - [09-01-2009] Accepted by production control TPW = 10-05-2009
3300 - [09-28-2009] Scheduled for production
3400 - [10-01-2009] Broadcast - Being Built
3800 - [10-13-2009] Produced - Built- VIN 2G1xxx54917
4200 - [10-19-2009] Shipped
5000 - [10-19-2009] Delivered to the dealer
6000 - [10-20-2009] Delivered to the customer

Old 11-18-2009, 09:17 PM   #12
ShnOmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudXTC View Post
does america really make anything anymore...

anyways... i had to post in that thread... its amazing how americans would downtalk canadians but would dare not mess with europeans and asia... and those are the ppl that have the most criticism about america.
Whos down talking Canadians? The whole thing is getting taken out of context....
Old 11-18-2009, 09:17 PM   #13
69 rs/ss

Drives: 1969 rs/ss & 2010 L99 #3747 4/28/09
No problem w/ my Camaro being made in Canada. The guys did a great job. If I live anywhere other than the US I would live in Canada.
Thanks
Old 11-18-2009, 09:19 PM   #14
ShnOmac

It has been locked.... No more stuff getting taken out of context
Old 11-18-2009, 09:24 PM   #15
freemaSSon
Pat @ ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: CGM SS/RS M6
My car was built by SKILLED LABOR in NORTH AMERICA!

And to take BLUR's statement 1 step further. I am from the law enforcement community and in law enforcement circles there are 2 names with the history of law enforcement that equal the HIGHEST of high standards and the most ELITE of the elite law enforcement agencies.

NEITHER OF WHICH ARE AMERICAN!

Bobbies - London Police - The oldest, most respected and well rounded police force on the planet.
RCMP - Canadian National Police - The best equipped, well trained and down right fiercest CIVILIAN police force on the planet.

So for me and my professional slice of life Canadians are the pinnacle of the best of the best. PERIOD!

"There are two types of racers: cheaters...and losers."
Smokey Yunick

Old 11-18-2009, 09:30 PM   #16
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Don't worry about it Frank. Most people who speak negatively about either country have no idea what the world looks like 100 miles past their front door.

As far as the car being built here, the truth of the matter is that Oshawa is the best plant GM has in terms of quality and productivity. It's the Canadians inside that plant who made that happen and it was one of the factors why the camaro is being built there. Anyone who thinks the camaro should be built in a less superior plant is not playing with a full deck.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:30 PM   #17
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
The original posts in that thread were made in 2006 when they were still trying to figure out where to build the Camaro..... Some fool decided to dig it up and now it looks like its a new topic when it is not.
An ancient thread...Heck that was before my time here on camaro5. We had no idea where the camaro was going to be built at the time. And that thread says nothing bad about Canadians...
Old 11-18-2009, 09:36 PM   #18
Mitchbaze

Drives: 2010 SS/RS L99
Canadians should be proud of what you built reguardless of what some simple minded people try to stir up. I love the quality of my car and for that I thank you...
Old 11-18-2009, 09:37 PM   #19
SQUALO
Early Production "SS"

Drives: 2010 SS IOM/WHITE RALLYS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Don't worry about it Frank. Most people who speak negatively about either country have no idea what the world looks like 100 miles past their front door.

As far as the car being built here, the truth of the matter is that Oshawa is the best plant GM has in terms of quality and productivity. It's the Canadians inside that plant who made that happen and it was one of the factors why the camaro is being built there. Anyone who thinks the camaro should be built in a less superior plant is not playing with a full deck.
I agree 100%, and it was nice to see you on the site, buddy
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanx to everyone for all the supporting comments made, by both Canadian & American members, you are the quality that makes this site what it is.

I think that's enough excitement for one night.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:47 PM   #20
Kenny

Drives: 2010 SS RS IOM M6
People are people borders don't define who we are as individuals. I am proud to be from my country just as anyone should be of their own. This begs the question; who the hell was it that decided chicken wings should be made in Buffalo???? I mean is there something wronnnnnggg with our chickens???..........i'm hungry........ bbl.

Ken
Old 11-18-2009, 09:50 PM   #21
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
I thank you for my Marvelous Mighty 2010 Camaro SS!! Built with quality in North America! Eh!

Thanks!!
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; Subthump; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Old 11-18-2009, 09:55 PM   #22
Gibby
Z28 LS9

Drives: Traverse, Blazer, Cadillac,Fat Boy
We have the Camaro ...........and don't forget Canadian bacon!!

Hmmm..... I'm hungry too!
Old 11-18-2009, 10:28 PM   #23
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
This is a copy from the "AUTO OSHAWA INFO 11 Nov 2009 "

Oshawa Car Scores 90.3% on GMS Calibration!
Once again, our employees can be proud of our outstanding performance! The
Oshawa Car Assembly Plant scored 90.3%, which is green on the new GMS
standard. As of now, eight plants have recorded 2009 GMS results in North
America and we are the only one that scored green. At this point, Oshawa Car
Plant has the best GMS score in North America.
GMS Audit results are more than numbers. GMS is a collection of best practices
and our results show that we have best practices ingrained in our culture and
our processes. The results reflect the caliber and commitment of the people
who work here. We have people who know what they are doing, know how to
improve what we do, and ultimately make great cars for our customers.
I want to thank the men and women of the Oshawa Car Plant who worked so hard to prepare the plant
and contributed to making the Oshawa Car Plant the “Best Vehicle Manufacturing Facility Worldwide”. I
want to especially thank all of you who played a leadership role by preparing yourself, your team, an
area, or an element of GMS for this audit. There were many others who prepared, including many in
the Consolidated Plant, and didn’t get the chance to directly participate in the audit process. Your
efforts are not wasted, as you improved your knowledge and ability help the plant improve and meet
our customers’ expectations. I am truly proud to be a part of this team.
Congratulations on a job well done!
Dan
Dan Hermer, Plant Manager

Old 11-19-2009, 07:42 AM   #24
Phil Oliver

Drives: 2010 SIM Camaro 1LT
It was a big positive for me knowing the car was built in Canada by Canadians. My last three cars have been built in Canada!
Old 11-19-2009, 08:05 AM   #25
coolman

Hey don't worry about a few people. I think Canada is great. Except for hockey ( go pens)
I think what they meant more than anything is that they would like to see them built here for the same reason your glad their're built there JOBS. A lot of our jobs has gone to other countries and a lot of us are getting tired of it. It has nothing to do with Canada or it's work force. They do a fine job.

Closed Thread