Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Fabberge
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

View Poll Results: Do you want a more powerful version of the Camaro(Z28)?
Yes 835 76.19%
No 261 23.81%
Voters: 1096. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2008, 02:40 PM   #526
DGthe3
Moderator.ca
 
DGthe3's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 21,915
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
WTF? That stinks; I'm sorry guys and gals.
Yup. And there's taxes too. Lots of taxes. If you think cars are expensive, don't even think about buying beer or cigarettes. Hmm,



thread topic:
THE Z28


__________________
Note, if I've gotten any facts wrong in the above, just ignore any points I made with them
__________________
don't believe a thing you read about the next gen Camaro -- as history has proven time and time again:

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather
__________________

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 04:00 PM   #527
Wm Holden
Yes, that's my real name.
 
Wm Holden's Avatar
 
Drives: 2005 LS2 600hp GTO
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ventura, ca.
Posts: 996
Can't we just make canada a state and be done with all the foolishness???





















J/K
__________________
Magnuson 112HH supercharger at 7.5 psi (Virtual 9.0 liter) 600hp 1 of 2 torrid/red int /A4/05 555r 275/40/R17's Nitto Extreme Drags 1.7 60 ft Car runs high 11's No other mods. I got the first 112HH Magnuson blower ported for a GTO. Now it appears it was also one of the last....



http://www.ribbonprinting.com http://www.personalizedawarenessribbons.com
Wm Holden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 04:25 PM   #528
The_Beast_
THE GoldMember
 
The_Beast_'s Avatar
 
Drives: '92 Pathfinder A.K.A The BEAST
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Glendale, CA
Posts: 1,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matster View Post
I'm sure this has been pointed out before but if so I'll throw it in again as my 2 cents worth.

Here is the problem as I see it and this is based on a Canadian perspective and pricing.

A Cobra GT 500 pretty much load up runs anywhere from 65K - 75K CAD. Logic would say that for the same hp in the Camaro (Z28) the price range is most likely going to be close. So then the question the consumer has gotta be ask his/herself is do I buy a Z28 or an entry level Vette? From GM's side of things I'm sure that a Camaro and a Vette in the same price range is gonna cause some infighting.

So let say for arguement sake the Z28 gets the green light, how many of you are willing to pay 60K USD?
Yes there are those of US that would jump on it with both feet, but we are the minority. Don't misunderstand me, I want a Z28 with 550hp and am willing(within reason) to pay the price but right now GM has to be looking at the bottom line and what they can and can't sell in mass numbers. If they had labelled the SS the Z28 instead, would we even be having this conversation?

Honestly When the Legend returns I see it going for a max of the low 50ks if not just that and thats only logical. Just think about It and then reply.
__________________
So the Goldmember has spoken, So shall it be done.
_________________________________________________

AUGUST 2009 AURORA HITSS THE SSTREETSS!!!!!

~MY SSCHEME: BLACK W/GOLD BUMPER 2 BUMPER Z-28 SSTRIPESS.~
^In the wise words of Pink, "NO NOT MUSTANG GOLD"

Forget a automatic, a MUSCLE car needs STICK! To bad I'm getting auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lonely Island
IM RIDIN ON A DOLPHIN DOIN FLIPS N' SHIT!!!!



May The Beast Rest In Peace. For Now.
The_Beast_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 04:34 PM   #529
DGthe3
Moderator.ca
 
DGthe3's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 21,915
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickys S/C Z28 View Post
info on if there is going to be a Z28 car??
Ricky
The best info we have is GM's response to that question: We don't talk about future products
__________________
Note, if I've gotten any facts wrong in the above, just ignore any points I made with them
__________________
don't believe a thing you read about the next gen Camaro -- as history has proven time and time again:

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather
__________________

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 04:49 PM   #530
Other Side
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro Z28
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 32
I have been holding out on my Z28 rant for a long time...
Haven't read through all 25 pages to see if it's been said.

For everyone comparing the Z28 to a GT500. I think it needs to be said. The GT500 was not available at the beginning of the new generation. The high performance (not saying the SS isn't) version of cars will, very often, not come out for a year or two after the basic models do. This was also the case with the M3. Typically, things like this just take time.

And I also think the price issue needs to be mentioned. If it should come out, I wouldn't say that it would be priced near the GT500. You need to realize, when the GT500s get made, it isn't ford that does it. They send it to Shelby out in Las Vegas, and they do the work on it. Think about it, every one of those GT500s comes out of Las Vegas. This shipping process has to cost a pretty penny, not to mention, Shelby is gonna want to make some money out of it too. All of this, especially when combined with dealer markups, makes it a very expensive car. The only way that the Z28 will be in that price range is if GM decides to send them out to SLP or something like that. Which for some reason, I doubt will happen when they have a 550 hp engine sitting around.

I would like to mention, I love the Z28. I have one. I was disappointed when I didn't see it on the spec sheet. I have faith it will come though.

May be slightly out of date. My internet has been SOL, so I dont know how much people have been freaking out.
Other Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 05:22 PM   #531
The_Beast_
THE GoldMember
 
The_Beast_'s Avatar
 
Drives: '92 Pathfinder A.K.A The BEAST
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Glendale, CA
Posts: 1,168
I stand by my post as 100% correct Because I was exactly right when we guessed on all the engine specs a while back.
__________________
So the Goldmember has spoken, So shall it be done.
_________________________________________________

AUGUST 2009 AURORA HITSS THE SSTREETSS!!!!!

~MY SSCHEME: BLACK W/GOLD BUMPER 2 BUMPER Z-28 SSTRIPESS.~
^In the wise words of Pink, "NO NOT MUSTANG GOLD"

Forget a automatic, a MUSCLE car needs STICK! To bad I'm getting auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lonely Island
IM RIDIN ON A DOLPHIN DOIN FLIPS N' SHIT!!!!



May The Beast Rest In Peace. For Now.
The_Beast_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 08:18 PM   #532
Captainbob
 
Drives: 69 Z28, 71 vette,01 ZO6,GT500
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Seattle, Wa
Posts: 50
correction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Side View Post
I have been holding out on my Z28 rant for a long time...
Haven't read through all 25 pages to see if it's been said.

For everyone comparing the Z28 to a GT500. I think it needs to be said. The GT500 was not available at the beginning of the new generation. The high performance (not saying the SS isn't) version of cars will, very often, not come out for a year or two after the basic models do. This was also the case with the M3. Typically, things like this just take time.

And I also think the price issue needs to be mentioned. If it should come out, I wouldn't say that it would be priced near the GT500. You need to realize, when the GT500s get made, it isn't ford that does it. They send it to Shelby out in Las Vegas, and they do the work on it. Think about it, every one of those GT500s comes out of Las Vegas. This shipping process has to cost a pretty penny, not to mention, Shelby is gonna want to make some money out of it too. All of this, especially when combined with dealer markups, makes it a very expensive car. The only way that the Z28 will be in that price range is if GM decides to send them out to SLP or something like that. Which for some reason, I doubt will happen when they have a 550 hp engine sitting around.

I would like to mention, I love the Z28. I have one. I was disappointed when I didn't see it on the spec sheet. I have faith it will come though.

May be slightly out of date. My internet has been SOL, so I dont know how much people have been freaking out.
Actually sir the GT500's never make it to Mr Shelby's vegas plant unless they are upgraded to a Supersnake, Or various other options. The GT500's come straight from the SVT plant.. However, the Shelby GT's, and Shelby GT-h are shipped to vegas for upgrades.. I've visited the vegas shop numerious times. Even had Mr Shelby autograph my car.. Just wanted to clarify your statement.. As you said sending the Camaro out is not probable with all those LS3 550's layin around for Caddi's ..
__________________
Previous cars: 65 GTO, 69 Z28, 73 vette,
84 vette, 01 SS Camaro, 01 ZO6, 07 Shelby GT500.. 10.97 @ 128mph
1st in line for a new SS Camaro..
Hoping GM will do the right thing. Super charge the new SS.. So it will compete with the big dogs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnevMoEut_E vs. ZO6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2l25Q5AHc4 10.97 run
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vML-dKHCcLg dyno vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLtQEdfN-CA hole shot

Last edited by Captainbob; 08-09-2008 at 08:20 PM. Reason: typo
Captainbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 08:24 PM   #533
Other Side
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro Z28
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 32
Oh. Whoops. Sorry. I've driven by the plant many times, and seen a lot of mustangs sitting outside. Guess I assumed that some of them were GT500s. My mistake.
I still say that It won't cost as much though, regardless of that.
Other Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 09:37 PM   #534
Shadowsong
 
Drives: 2005 Mustang
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Conroe, Texas
Posts: 644
Random question here.... Why was this moved into the Media Gallery subsection...? (O_o);
Shadowsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 10:30 PM   #535
Wm Holden
Yes, that's my real name.
 
Wm Holden's Avatar
 
Drives: 2005 LS2 600hp GTO
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ventura, ca.
Posts: 996
I probably post too many videos....?
__________________
Magnuson 112HH supercharger at 7.5 psi (Virtual 9.0 liter) 600hp 1 of 2 torrid/red int /A4/05 555r 275/40/R17's Nitto Extreme Drags 1.7 60 ft Car runs high 11's No other mods. I got the first 112HH Magnuson blower ported for a GTO. Now it appears it was also one of the last....



http://www.ribbonprinting.com http://www.personalizedawarenessribbons.com
Wm Holden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 10:54 PM   #536
DGthe3
Moderator.ca
 
DGthe3's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 21,915
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
Random question here.... Why was this moved into the Media Gallery subsection...? (O_o);
I think it was merged with a thread there and it got moved instead. Fixed
__________________
Note, if I've gotten any facts wrong in the above, just ignore any points I made with them
__________________
don't believe a thing you read about the next gen Camaro -- as history has proven time and time again:

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather
__________________

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 11:40 PM   #537
Fandango
(In Z/28 Therapy)
 
Fandango's Avatar
 
Drives: 67, SS - RS Camaro
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zephyrhills, FL
Posts: 461
Send a message via AIM to Fandango
I've been off for a while. I don't anything really insightfull. But I've talking to my accounting, who's is a Phd in finance, professor who is fond of GM. He and I had a bit of a conversation of the stategies of GM. Volt is has to be a hit before Z/28 is put into production. More than likely, Z/28 is more or less done. Remember, Volt has to go into production in 2010 no matter what. The convertible won't even be out for another 2 years right? 18 months or something like that? Any one see the Cobra or GT come out right after the new body style?

I'm one for the waiting for the SC V8 super Camaro. This car will come. All in due time. Howevere, it may not be mass produced. It's a bold prediction but Zs will come out earliest by fall of 2010 as a '11 model or spring 2011.
__________________
Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die.”
Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 12:40 AM   #538
camarokidz28
 
Drives: 1996 z28
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 97
well I get that gm dose not won't to shorten the secess of the ss but I thank that they should say that a z28 is on its way and stop all this panic for a gt 500 fighter
camarokidz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 08:50 AM   #539
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 25,787
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarokidz28 View Post
well I get that gm dose not won't to shorten the secess of the ss but I thank that they should say that a z28 is on its way and stop all this panic for a gt 500 fighter
Business/Economic factors, and outside irritants (gas prices) change too quickly to publicly commit to anything "in the works"; Especially something this niche; and high-profile. I'm afraid you'll have to settle for a simple "It's NOT dead." from the Fbodfather at this point........
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.
SIGN UP for 2014 Camaro5 HPDE @ Gingerman Raceway!
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 10:54 AM   #540
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
In 1966, when Chevrolet released information about the first Camaro, there was no information about the Z28, nor was there any intention to build one. There wasn't even a Z28 RPO code to order.

How do you know it will have the LSA? That's great speculation, but there is not any evidence that the LSA will go into a Camaro of any kind at any time in the future. If it doesn't have the LSA under the hood, will it not really be a Z28? In the past, has GM been known to call LS[insert letter here] motors Z[insert 2-digit number here]? As far as I know, there is no trend to suggest an association relating the LSA and the Camaro at all. It would be a great car, but it is imagination for now.

How long are you willing to wait? GM wants you to buy a fast Camaro. Is the SS not fast enough? If GM skips this generation's Z28, will you just not get a Camaro even though it outperforms the competition, looks better than the competition, and has better, longer-lasting components? Are you going to buy something that you know is inferior just because it isn't a Z28? Why is that the best options?

I hate to bring people down over the Z28, but there's no reason to hold out for something that will cost $10k more when the car you drive today is not good enough to keep. Most of us here—especially me—want the Camaro to replace our current ride. If I were a member of the Z28 lobby, I'm not sure I'd be willing to hold out indefinitely while driving my beater and watching brand new, beautiful Camaros pulling up next to me at stop lights. It could be years before we see any performance Camaros due to the current market for oil, V8s, and GM stock conditions.

We're phenomenally lucky to have a car that has been tested by enthusiasts and guided by fbodfather to production. To wait for something better borders on disrespect for the near-perfect machine that we all wanted. While it might have fog lights a little further out, a gas cap on the side, and reverse lights that are legal, other features look so much like the concept that it just amazes me. I just can't understand why that isn't good enough. Will someone explain it to me without using the phrase "Z28 heritage?" I know that there's a huge calling for the Z28's return, and I support it, but why is a nonexistent Z28 superior to a concept gone production?

You may not have the patience, or the desire, or the means to wait for a Z28. The SS is everything you want. What if GM hadn't announced the SS, and the only car they debuted was the V6? With no official mention of a V8. Nothing, not a wait till next quarter, or in 2011. All you've heard is, "it's not dead" Would you be any less a fan, would you settle for a V6 if you really wanted an SS that might be in the near future. My guess is you would hang on in much the same the Z28 guys are.

So please consider this when wondering why we are so wrapped around the Z28 axle. All we are asking is you respect our enthusiasm. Much the same way you would respect ones enthusiasm for a Vert, SS, RS, Auto, manual, sunroof, 20" wheels. We understand we may not ever get a Z28. Just like a few months ago all of us knew there were things on the Camaro we might not get. You waited and got your answers. We're still waiting for ours. Bear with us and, if possible, support us as we anxiously wait for our preferred Camaro's future to be announced. It's not a matter of the SS being less than a Z28. Trust me If GM wants me to buy an SS. All they have to do is say there will be no Z28 any time soon (more than 3 years), and I will be standing in line with the rest of you putting in an order for my RS/SS.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 11:11 AM   #541
Xanthos
Almost-Original Postwhore
 
Xanthos's Avatar
 
Drives: Stick
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 12,658
Z28: "I'm not dead! I'm not dead!"
GM: "He says he's not dead."
Media: "Yes he is."
Z: "I'm not!"
M: "He isn't? Well, he will be soon, he's getting very old."
Z: "I'm getting better!"
M: "No you're not, you'll be stone dead in a moment."
G: "I can't take him like that, its against regulations!"
Z: "I don't want to go on the cart!"
M: "Oh, don't be such a baby."
G: "I can't take him."
Z: "I feel fine!"
M: "Oh, do us a favor!"
G: "I can't!"
M: "Well, then can you hang around a few minutes? He won't be long..."
G: "I promised I'd be at the Robinson's - they've lost nine today."
M: "Well, when's your next round?"
G: "Thursday."
Z: "I think I'll go for a walk."
M: "You're not fooling anyone you know. Isn't there anything you can do?"
Z: "I feel happy! I feel happy..."
*WHACK!*
M: "Ah, thanks very much."
G: "Not at all. See you on thursday."
M: "Right."

And thats all I have to say about that.
- Xanthos

P.S. - If we bug them enough, it'll come true. So, shhhhh... Keep the faith.
__________________
Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 11:21 AM   #542
RadarJammer
 
RadarJammer's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 Mustang GT
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 48
I like to think that GM is waiting for the consumer respond to the launch of the Camaro V6 and SS models before announcing a Z/28 or equivilant model.

Its just such a low volume seller and specific market that the Z/28 sells to that the concept of making something that would be that expensive when the data for sales on the Camaro doesnt even exists yet is not even plausible.

Just be happy that you will most likely be able to Supercharge your SS camaro at launch with an aftermarket supercharger.

Thats enough for me anyways.
RadarJammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 11:34 AM   #543
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut
 
boxmonkeyracing's Avatar
 
Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: kenly, nc
Posts: 3,345
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarJammer View Post
I like to think that GM is waiting for the consumer respond to the launch of the Camaro V6 and SS models before announcing a Z/28 or equivilant model.

Its just such a low volume seller and specific market that the Z/28 sells to that the concept of making something that would be that expensive when the data for sales on the Camaro doesnt even exists yet is not even plausible.

Just be happy that you will most likely be able to Supercharge your SS camaro at launch with an aftermarket supercharger.

Thats enough for me anyways.
who says the Z28 is going to be expensive? sheesh people no one out side of project team and GM knows what a Z28 would be. so to keep saying "The Z28 is a supercharged LSA camaro GT500 fighter" is totally inaccurate. well as of right now. For all we know a ZL1 will be the GT500 fighter. Heck some people might be right in the Z28 might be put in between the SS and V-6 but with a stiffer suspension and less power then the SS. We don't know. but everyone is crying for a GT500 killer I'm sure GM will give it to you. But to say the Z28 is going to be it is totally inaccurate.

Or a Z28 might be a super gay Turbo 4 low optioned camaro (if it is I will shoot the person in the head that did that. . .refer to my sig). very strong feelings against this one. . .and if it happens I will honestly just buy an RS/SS. I'll get over it. just like most of you will get over the fact there isn't a GT500 killer out or announced yet...at least I hope you keep the faith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanthosV6 View Post
Z28: "I'm not dead! I'm not dead!"
GM: "He says he's not dead."
Media: "Yes he is."
Z: "I'm not!"
M: "He isn't? Well, he will be soon, he's getting very old."
Z: "I'm getting better!"
M: "No you're not, you'll be stone dead in a moment."
G: "I can't take him like that, its against regulations!"
Z: "I don't want to go on the cart!"
M: "Oh, don't be such a baby."
G: "I can't take him."
Z: "I feel fine!"
M: "Oh, do us a favor!"
G: "I can't!"
M: "Well, then can you hang around a few minutes? He won't be long..."
G: "I promised I'd be at the Robinson's - they've lost nine today."
M: "Well, when's your next round?"
G: "Thursday."
Z: "I think I'll go for a walk."
M: "You're not fooling anyone you know. Isn't there anything you can do?"
Z: "I feel happy! I feel happy..."
*WHACK!*
M: "Ah, thanks very much."
G: "Not at all. See you on thursday."
M: "Right."

And thats all I have to say about that.
- Xanthos

P.S. - If we bug them enough, it'll come true. So, shhhhh... Keep the faith.
swallow? an african or english swallow?

we are the knights that say nyi!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
We do not want to use the Z28 moniker on a car that does not deserve this hallowed name.

Last edited by boxmonkeyracing; 08-11-2008 at 11:51 AM.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 11:41 AM   #544
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarJammer View Post
I like to think that GM is waiting for the consumer respond to the launch of the Camaro V6 and SS models before announcing a Z/28 or equivilant model.

Agreed, Patiently waiting for this announcement.

Its just such a low volume seller and specific market that the Z/28 sells to that the concept of making something that would be that expensive when the data for sales on the Camaro doesnt even exists yet is not even plausible.

Agreed again!

Just be happy that you will most likely be able to Supercharge your SS camaro at launch with an aftermarket supercharger.

Thats enough for me anyways.

If there will be no Z28, Then I am on board! Eaton, here I come!
Response in bold
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 11:47 AM   #545
rmyers
 
rmyers's Avatar
 
Drives: Both American Made
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 736
ohhhhh the passion that causes such heated debate!!! Gotta love it!
rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 12:35 PM   #546
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
You may not have the patience, or the desire, or the means to wait for a Z28. The SS is everything you want. What if GM hadn't announced the SS, and the only car they debuted was the V6? With no official mention of a V8. Nothing, not a wait till next quarter, or in 2011. All you've heard is, "it's not dead" Would you be any less a fan, would you settle for a V6 if you really wanted an SS that might be in the near future. My guess is you would hang on in much the same the Z28 guys are.

So please consider this when wondering why we are so wrapped around the Z28 axle. All we are asking is you respect our enthusiasm. Much the same way you would respect ones enthusiasm for a Vert, SS, RS, Auto, manual, sunroof, 20" wheels. We understand we may not ever get a Z28. Just like a few months ago all of us knew there were things on the Camaro we might not get. You waited and got your answers. We're still waiting for ours. Bear with us and, if possible, support us as we anxiously wait for our preferred Camaro's future to be announced. It's not a matter of the SS being less than a Z28. Trust me If GM wants me to buy an SS. All they have to do is say there will be no Z28 any time soon (more than 3 years), and I will be standing in line with the rest of you putting in an order for my RS/SS.

It would be useless to highlight what I agree with because the words have been taken from my mouth. If there's no Z28, or it doesn't fit my personal profile, I'll jump in an SS and make it what I want. The argument that we shouldn't have an opinion or say on what we think it should mean continually frustrates me because it would be the same if I said your wanting an LS3, TR6060, 20s, and halos is a dumb idea and you shouldn't want that. No one, that I can recall, who is on this Z28-wagon is saying the SS is not good enough; we just want more, and why shouldn't we. We aren't taking anything away from people who are completely happy with what we know of the SS, so why all the negativity? Personally, these posts are just becoming more and more life-sucking. I don't understand why people who don't want/need a Z28 just not post here unless there is at least constructive criticism. I'm all for expressing opinions and what not, but I thought the idea of this thread was for support of this model, not to shoot those of us who want one down. JMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanthosV6 View Post
Z28: "I'm not dead! I'm not dead!"
GM: "He says he's not dead."
Media: "Yes he is."
Z: "I'm not!"
M: "He isn't? Well, he will be soon, he's getting very old."
Z: "I'm getting better!"
M: "No you're not, you'll be stone dead in a moment."
G: "I can't take him like that, its against regulations!"
Z: "I don't want to go on the cart!"
M: "Oh, don't be such a baby."
G: "I can't take him."
Z: "I feel fine!"
M: "Oh, do us a favor!"
G: "I can't!"
M: "Well, then can you hang around a few minutes? He won't be long..."
G: "I promised I'd be at the Robinson's - they've lost nine today."
M: "Well, when's your next round?"
G: "Thursday."
Z: "I think I'll go for a walk."
M: "You're not fooling anyone you know. Isn't there anything you can do?"
Z: "I feel happy! I feel happy..."
*WHACK!*
M: "Ah, thanks very much."
G: "Not at all. See you on thursday."
M: "Right."

And thats all I have to say about that.
- Xanthos

P.S. - If we bug them enough, it'll come true. So, shhhhh... Keep the faith.
First off - FUNNY!!!

Second, that's what I'm hoping for. I'll post as many positive and supportive messages as I have to as often as I have to as long as it means something to someone who has any say at GM. I don't think the project is threatened, perse, it just may not fall along the lines of what I would like. If it doesn't, no biggie, I'll pick up an SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
who says the Z28 is going to be expensive? sheesh people no one out side of project team and GM knows what a Z28 would be. so to keep saying "The Z28 is a supercharged LSA camaro GT500 fighter" is totally inaccurate. well as of right now. For all we know a ZL1 will be the GT500 fighter. Heck some people might be right in the Z28 might be put in between the SS and V-6 but with a stiffer suspension and less power then the SS. We don't know. but everyone is crying for a GT500 killer I'm sure GM will give it to you. But to say the Z28 is going to be it is totally inaccurate.

Or a Z28 might be a super gay Turbo 4 low optioned camaro (if it is I will shoot the person in the head that did that. . .refer to my sig). very strong feelings against this one. . .and if it happens I will honestly just buy an RS/SS. I'll get over it. just like most of you will get over the fact there isn't a GT500 killer out or announced yet...at least I hope you keep the faith.



swallow? an african or english swallow?

we are the knights that say nyi!
Yup, no one knows at this point. We're just going to have to hang on for the ride and keep our fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
Response in bold
Or Whipple
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 12:39 PM   #547
Hylton


 
Hylton's Avatar
 
Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 7,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
...Or a Z28 might be a super gay Turbo 4 low optioned camaro (if it is I will shoot the person in the head that did that. . .refer to my sig). ...
I'll buy the bullet...
__________________
"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 10:07 PM   #548
iPODFAN11
 
iPODFAN11's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500hd
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: here
Posts: 215
LS8=Z28??


http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f...r-plans-56739/
__________________
From Super Chevy mag, April 2002: "Most of the weekend Settlemeire was meeting and greeting and quickly became known as simply "The Camaro Dude" (note, even his initials are SS)."

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
we're certainly looking at it -- but right now, the emphasis MUST be on getting the Camaro V6 and SS out -- and having it exceed your expectations....

Once that's done....................

Last edited by iPODFAN11; 08-12-2008 at 09:11 AM.
iPODFAN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 11:26 PM   #549
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut
 
boxmonkeyracing's Avatar
 
Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: kenly, nc
Posts: 3,345
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPODFAN11 View Post
that was originally quoted by LLN. not very reliable but hopefull
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
We do not want to use the Z28 moniker on a car that does not deserve this hallowed name.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 09:11 AM   #550
iPODFAN11
 
iPODFAN11's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500hd
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: here
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
that was originally quoted by LLN. not very reliable but hopefull


yea, I did know that, and I do hate LLN with everything I got but, its just a little piece of something interesting.
__________________
From Super Chevy mag, April 2002: "Most of the weekend Settlemeire was meeting and greeting and quickly became known as simply "The Camaro Dude" (note, even his initials are SS)."

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
we're certainly looking at it -- but right now, the emphasis MUST be on getting the Camaro V6 and SS out -- and having it exceed your expectations....

Once that's done....................
iPODFAN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I specially ordered a Z28! (unlike all of you) 496BIGBLOCK Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 70 01-02-2011 01:44 PM
Possible new option packages changes wanted for '11 '12 model years PYROLYSIS 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 91 09-15-2010 05:15 PM
Think about this and the Z28 5th gen 13F20 Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 41 09-04-2010 12:59 AM
Bob Lutz interview radz28 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 113 08-28-2008 01:30 PM
Z28 - Please try and understand..... GTAHVIT Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 73 07-24-2008 12:30 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.