Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

View Poll Results: Do you want a more powerful version of the Camaro(Z28)?
Yes 835 76.19%
No 261 23.81%
Voters: 1096. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2010, 02:49 PM   #1601
scythezo6
Virologist in the making
 
scythezo6's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 VR SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: El Paso TX
Posts: 2,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I'm not sure why people think the Z28 will cost as much as a CTS-V. Sure, they will share some performance parts. But the CTS with the 3.6L has the same engine and similar suspension to the V6 Camaros. And there is a huge price difference between the two. So it doesn't really follow that when you apply the same formula to the CTS-V vs Z28 that they'd match each other in price.
OMG thank you for saying this! Ive been wondering this all along too!
"Its going to be about as much as the cts-v" blah blah just gets a major from me when I read that.
__________________
Victory Red 1SS/RS Ordered - 8/4/09 & Joined Camaro5.com family
6000, Delivered to the customer - 12/21/09
scythezo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 02:52 PM   #1602
DGthe3
Moderator.ca
 
DGthe3's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 22,101
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by scythezo6 View Post
OMG thank you for saying this! Ive been wondering this all along too!
"Its going to be about as much as the cts-v" blah blah just gets a major from me when I read that.
Don't expect it to be priced along side the SRT8 Challenger either
__________________
Note, if I've gotten any facts wrong in the above, just ignore any points I made with them
__________________
don't believe a thing you read about the next gen Camaro -- as history has proven time and time again:

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather
__________________

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 03:15 PM   #1603
motorhead
bars suck
 
motorhead's Avatar
 
Drives: ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: central, Pa
Posts: 7,799
I don't care what is cost. It will be mine. Oh yes. It will be mine.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:11 PM   #1604
Decibel JJ
Car nut
 
Decibel JJ's Avatar
 
Drives: Tahoe Z71, Race cars
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 690
Heck yes i want it ! I just hope that when it finally comes out, It's lives up to my expectations
__________________
Quote: Don't you just hate it when Satan steals your ride and does all these weird ass mods to it?

R.I.P. Evan .. A true Friend
Decibel JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:31 PM   #1605
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 25,787
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I'm not sure why people think the Z28 will cost as much as a CTS-V. Sure, they will share some performance parts. But the CTS with the 3.6L has the same engine and similar suspension to the V6 Camaros. And there is a huge price difference between the two. So it doesn't really follow that when you apply the same formula to the CTS-V vs Z28 that they'd match each other in price.


Estimates using the base CTS v Camaro 2LT 'formula' have the Z28 somewhere in the mid 40s....obviously it's not scientific...but even at high 40s...it's competitive in the market, and not near as expensive as the ultra-lux CTS-V.
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.
SIGN UP for 2014 Camaro5 HPDE @ Gingerman Raceway!
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:42 AM   #1606
RetroDude
Owner of VIN # 35278
 
RetroDude's Avatar
 
Drives: IBM 2SS, A6, Leather & Sunroof
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Whitby Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 647
Personally, I figure the Z/28 will be priced competitively between the current "2SS" and the Base Corvette. Knowing GM, it will probably be offered in at least 2 trim levels as well! I can't much see it costing less than an "SS" the same is as I don't think they would be crazy enough to price it up and above what you can buy a base Corvette for either!

In Canada I'm guessing a price range of $48,995 - $54,995. Therefore, in USA should be somewhere around the $38,995 - $43,995 range. Once again pending on what is standard and what will be offered to choose from!

Either way you look at it ..... when builds it, people will buy it!

Just my 2 cents!

the Z/28
RetroDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:31 AM   #1607
liberty
Garage Queens - Not
 
liberty's Avatar
 
Drives: '78 Camaro Z28, '80 Camaro Z28
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 84
The vast majority of vehicles are sold with automatics.

If the Z28 is a manual trans only car Chevrolet could lose about half the sales - including this Camaro Z28 owner.
liberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:56 AM   #1608
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.
 
Revo1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 14,842
I'd love to have it, but wouldn't trade the SS for it...
__________________

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 10:40 PM   #1609
29er

 
29er's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 1LE Garage King
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: MTL
Posts: 1,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes SS View Post
I think that the Z/28 should be exactly along the lines as the new Boss Mustang. Small displacement track car
oh you said it so right!! i wish the Z/28 will handle as good as.. and better than the boss 302: 1.G it needs to get to 1.G+ presently the ss is what at .88? or so.. it should have recaro seats optional like the boss 302.. they have to make it one BIG notch higher than the ss.
29er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:07 PM   #1610
lewylew

 
lewylew's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 ZL550
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Near Philadelphia
Posts: 1,240
All you guys and girls stop waiting for the z/28 and buy the ZL series slpcamaro.com. Comes with supercharger and over 550 HP
lewylew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:08 PM   #1611
2010 SSRS



 
2010 SSRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Ocean State
Posts: 123,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewylew View Post
All you guys and girls stop waiting for the z/28 and buy the ZL series slpcamaro.com. Comes with supercharger and over 550 HP
how much $
__________________
Jannetty Racing JRE Street Package
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:11 PM   #1612
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 25,787
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewylew View Post
All you guys and girls stop waiting for the z/28 and buy the ZL series slpcamaro.com. Comes with supercharger and over 550 HP
Anybody can slap on a supercharger. It's still not a Z28 (and it's pretty expensive)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
how much $
About $25,000 over the price of your choice of SS. SO...At least $55...could be up to $70 after your done playing with options.
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.
SIGN UP for 2014 Camaro5 HPDE @ Gingerman Raceway!
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:13 PM   #1613
2010 SSRS



 
2010 SSRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Ocean State
Posts: 123,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Anybody can slap on a supercharger. It's still not a Z28 (and it's pretty expensive)...


About $25,000 over the price of your choice of SS. SO...At least $55...could be up to $70 after your done playing with options.
wow, I'll wait for the Z-28.
__________________
Jannetty Racing JRE Street Package
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:26 PM   #1614
lewylew

 
lewylew's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 ZL550
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Near Philadelphia
Posts: 1,240
Little more than just a supercharger. I will agree the car is slightly over priced and it is not a z/28. It is a limited addition and numbered car and is avaiable now. I can't imagine GM putting a supercharger in the "Z/28" and not charging at least $50k for it. You can wait for your z/28. I just think the ZL is a nice option and will probably outperform the "Z/28". I am extremely happy with my overpriced ZL550. I hope everyone who waits for the "z/28" is not disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Anybody can slap on a supercharger. It's still not a Z28 (and it's pretty expensive)...


About $25,000 over the price of your choice of SS. SO...At least $55...could be up to $70 after your done playing with options.
lewylew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:30 PM   #1615
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 25,787
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewylew View Post
Little more than just a supercharger. I will agree the car is slightly over priced and it is not a z/28. It is a limited addition and numbered car and is avaiable now. I can't imagine GM putting a supercharger in the "Z/28" and not charging at least $50k for it. You can wait for your z/28. I just think the ZL is a nice option and will probably outperform the "Z/28". I am extremely happy with my overpriced ZL550. I hope everyone who waits for the "z/28" is not disappointed.
Don't take what I said as a negative against the SLP cars. I like them a lot!!! (except for that mailslot cover...) A local dealer had about 8 of them sitting on his lot at one point...it was so cool to pass by and "count the horsepower".

The Z28 is "often imitated, never duplicated", the factory-built aspect is just one of a handful of things that are very important to some of us no aftermarket company can compete with. As far as being disappointed: Dollar for dollar...I'm not sure anything will outperform it...the guys working on it seem determined. Should be fun!!
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.
SIGN UP for 2014 Camaro5 HPDE @ Gingerman Raceway!
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:44 PM   #1616
lewylew

 
lewylew's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 ZL550
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Near Philadelphia
Posts: 1,240
No offense taken. Yes the mail slot is an eyesore they should have replaced the bumper cover with the v6. I just think everyone that thinks the ZL cars are so overpriced are going to have a rude awakening if the "z/28" comes with similar setup as mine. Does anyone really know what GM is actually going to build. It would be nice if they build a naturally aspirated car with over 500 HP and forged bottom end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Don't take what I said as a negative against the SLP cars. I like them a lot!!! (except for that mailslot cover...) A local dealer had about 8 of them sitting on his lot at one point...it was so cool to pass by and "count the horsepower".

The Z28 is "often imitated, never duplicated", the factory-built aspect is just one of a handful of things that are very important to some of us no aftermarket company can compete with. As far as being disappointed: Dollar for dollar...I'm not sure anything will outperform it...the guys working on it seem determined. Should be fun!!
lewylew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:49 PM   #1617
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 25,787
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewylew View Post
No offense taken. Yes the mail slot is an eyesore they should have replaced the bumper cover with the v6. I just think everyone that thinks the ZL cars are so overpriced are going to have a rude awakening if the "z/28" comes with similar setup as mine. Does anyone really know what GM is actually going to build. It would be nice if they build a naturally aspirated car with over 500 HP and forged bottom end.
Nobody "knows". Not until they tell us. But it's been gathered from little bits and pieces here and there that Chevy is making the Z28 to go toe-to-toe with the Mustang GT500. So it'll need a supercharged engine, and significant handling adjustments at the least. Other than that....it's anyone's guess -- just like when the concept was shown.
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.
SIGN UP for 2014 Camaro5 HPDE @ Gingerman Raceway!
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I specially ordered a Z28! (unlike all of you) 496BIGBLOCK Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 70 01-02-2011 01:44 PM
Possible new option packages changes wanted for '11 '12 model years PYROLYSIS 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 91 09-15-2010 05:15 PM
Think about this and the Z28 5th gen 13F20 Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 41 09-04-2010 12:59 AM
Bob Lutz interview radz28 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 113 08-28-2008 01:30 PM
Z28 - Please try and understand..... GTAHVIT Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 73 07-24-2008 12:30 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.