Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics


View Poll Results: Do you want a more powerful version of the Camaro(Z28)?
Yes 835 76.05%
No 263 23.95%
Voters: 1098. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2008, 07:25 PM   #99
FLAWLS3
 
FLAWLS3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 Silver Met BMW 330i ZHP
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 46
Wow, learn some punctuation, learn how to spell, and learn to type with your Caps Lock OFF.... my goodness, its just annoying.




Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird81 View Post
THATS COOL BUT I DON'T WANT TO HAVE THAT BABY BLOW UP WHEN SOME SOCALLED SPEED SHOP FORGETS TO TUNE IT THE RIGHT WAY THEN IT WILL VOID MY WARANTEE, COST AN EXTRA 2000 ON TOP OF THE 6000 TO 7000 TO HAVE THOSE GUYS INSTALL AND TUNE PLUS DYNO. AND THEN I WONT BE ABLE TO HAVE THAT FINANCED OR MAYBE I CAN NEGOTIATE THE PRICE DOWN SO THAT I WILL GET THAT SUPERCHARGER FOR FREE. THAT IS WHAT I DID WITH MY AVALANCHE AND THE 7000 DOLLAR 22"S I GOT FOR NO CHARGE, OH AND DID I MENTION THE BILLET GRILL I GOT FOR FREE BECAUSE THEY INSTALLED ALL OF IT.

I WANT A FACTORY INSTALLED SUPERCHARGER THAT COMES FROM GM THAT I KNOW WILL WORK IN THE CAR EVERY TIME I TURN THE KEY. BUT IF IT DOESNT WORK I CAN TAKE THAT BITCH BACK AND HAVE THEM FIX IT
__________________
FLAWLS3

FLAWLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 07:34 PM   #100
ChrisL
 
Drives: 2000 Firehawk #295
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Orange Co, NY
Posts: 101
Email response from Cheryl regarding the article.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Pilcher
The real question asked by the writer was with the V6 LS & LT and V8 SS
will there also be a Z28 model at SORP (Start of regular production)

The answer is no.

Last edited by ChrisL; 07-21-2008 at 08:05 PM.
ChrisL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 07:37 PM   #101
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LE...Drove: 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 28,186
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Thanks for that Chris.
My conclusions? There will not be a Z28 right off the bat. We can go no further than that in our speculation.
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Twice Before You Post.
...Anxiously waiting to order a silver "Z"...

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 07:37 PM   #102
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut
 
boxmonkeyracing's Avatar
 
Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: kenly, nc
Posts: 3,343
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
Email response from Cheryl regarding the article.
and late to the game but it seems like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing in this situation. scott stated it was down the road for info on the Z28. and she says no z28. . .so now ask the question is it down the road and she might give a different answer. probably the question was about launch trim levels.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
We do not want to use the Z28 moniker on a car that does not deserve this hallowed name.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 07:49 PM   #103
Beyond Limits
Pushin a rock...
 
Beyond Limits's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: So Cal
Posts: 207
I think everyone needs to take a step back here for a moment.

I am actually kind of amazed at what I am seeing here. We have all been hoping and praying for the new Camaro. When someone said it might be canceled it was like a Chinese fire drill with people screaming from the rooftops with megaphones about how they were wrong and so on and so forth. When someone would swoop in and make some offhand comment about GM canceling something or implementing a dramatic “unwanted” change we would swoop in and backhand them before they could complete their sentience. We would defend those we knew to be from GM with a force of purpose and solidarity that was almost zealot in nature. We debated every picture, dissected every word, and brewed over every article only to come to the same consensus every time. And yes some showed more passion then others over the course of these discussions, but in the end we all seemed to agree that the Camaro was coming back and the world was as it should be.

Now fast forward one announcement and it would seem that the world is coming to an end for some. Somewhere along the line it seems that some of us here somehow felt that we were entitled to a specific badge on this beautiful car. And anything less means all out rejection of this car. That this is somehow any less of a work of art, a thing of beauty, and something to behold only because one cannot obtain a certain badge on the vehicle. Where along the line did I miss the part about how we are entitled to a Z28. That they are required to manufacturer one. That history demands they produce one? Where the car that they are going to manufacturer is anything less then extraordinary because they have not said they will make one yet?

I realize and understand the passion here that people have over this vehicle, believe you me I do, but it is this sense of entitlement that has me disturbed. Saying well they did not announce a Z28 today so screw them I am going to go buy X instead to me sounds a lot like a tantrum because you did not get your way. Like anything in life you are always going to want what you cannot have. First it was the Camaro. Well now that you can almost touch that it is no longer good enough. Now you want a Z28. And what if they make the Z28? Are you going to want a return of the 502? I mean where does it stop.

I understand the disappointment but I really think that some here have lost sight of what was important for all of these years while we waited with baited breath. Why we have this passion in the first place. Why we have sat here and posted over and over again debating even things as trivial as the colors of the gauges or the placement of the gas cap. I think that some have lost sight of the fact that the Camaro has finally returned and it is an outstanding piece of engineering that will have all who drive it grinning from ear to ear.

*getting off soapbox*
Beyond Limits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 07:56 PM   #104
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut
 
boxmonkeyracing's Avatar
 
Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: kenly, nc
Posts: 3,343
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond Limits View Post
I think everyone needs to take a step back here for a moment.

I am actually kind of amazed at what I am seeing here. We have all been hoping and praying for the new Camaro. When someone said it might be canceled it was like a Chinese fire drill with people screaming from the rooftops with megaphones about how they were wrong and so on and so forth. When someone would swoop in and make some offhand comment about GM canceling something or implementing a dramatic “unwanted” change we would swoop in and backhand them before they could complete their sentience. We would defend those we knew to be from GM with a force of purpose and solidarity that was almost zealot in nature. We debated every picture, dissected every word, and brewed over every article only to come to the same consensus every time. And yes some showed more passion then others over the course of these discussions, but in the end we all seemed to agree that the Camaro was coming back and the world was as it should be.

Now fast forward one announcement and it would seem that the world is coming to an end for some. Somewhere along the line it seems that some of us here somehow felt that we were entitled to a specific badge on this beautiful car. And anything less means all out rejection of this car. That this is somehow any less of a work of art, a thing of beauty, and something to behold only because one cannot obtain a certain badge on the vehicle. Where along the line did I miss the part about how we are entitled to a Z28. That they are required to manufacturer one. That history demands they produce one? Where the car that they are going to manufacturer is anything less then extraordinary because they have not said they will make one yet?

I realize and understand the passion here that people have over this vehicle, believe you me I do, but it is this sense of entitlement that has me disturbed. Saying well they did not announce a Z28 today so screw them I am going to go buy X instead to me sounds a lot like a tantrum because you did not get your way. Like anything in life you are always going to want what you cannot have. First it was the Camaro. Well now that you can almost touch that it is no longer good enough. Now you want a Z28. And what if they make the Z28? Are you going to want a return of the 502? I mean where does it stop.

I understand the disappointment but I really think that some here have lost sight of what was important for all of these years while we waited with baited breath. Why we have this passion in the first place. Why we have sat here and posted over and over again debating even things as trivial as the colors of the gauges or the placement of the gas cap. I think that some have lost sight of the fact that the Camaro has finally returned and it is an outstanding piece of engineering that will have all who drive it grinning from ear to ear.

*getting off soapbox*
Some of the people you are refering to are trolls that joined the site to just cause trouble and weren't enthusiasts at all. Some of us feel that it's wrong due to heritage, and some just love Z28 more.

But I honestly believe it's down the road and the people that are on this site that aren't trolls that have kept the faith and are still keeping the faith will be rewarded with the Z28.

If the public demands it, it will happen. so believe me GM has eyes and ears on these forums and those eyes and ears will report back to their superiors and tell them how bad we want a Z28. (this is assuming it's not already in production plans for future model years).

But honestly I believe scott's post from camaroz28.com can not be ignored. he stated it was too far down the road to even talk about right now. that right there says it's in the plans. but I'm not naive and have not considered that it might not be down the road. I'm just keeping the faith.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
We do not want to use the Z28 moniker on a car that does not deserve this hallowed name.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:03 PM   #105
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958
 
Camaro_Corvette's Avatar
 
Drives: Team 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 23,409
^+1 ^^+1

I never expected GM to come out with everything at once, I think that some of us are just shocked to see no Z in the list, I know it sucks but i'm keeping the faith!
__________________
I am seriously never serious vv V vv Next order of business
Camaro_Corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:04 PM   #106
mshaeffer
 
mshaeffer's Avatar
 
Drives: 1980 Camaro Z28
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Dayton, Oh
Posts: 27
A Camaro just isn't a Camaro without a Z28.

Also, it is way more than just a badge. It is almost a lifestyle. Z28 means something to some people that just cant be explained.

I am happy that the Camaro is back, and I don't think I am entitled to something more by any stretch. All I can say is how I feel at this moment in time and right now I feel that GM has/is dropping the ball. I will not purchase any other trim level than Z28. Hell, I'm not even going to test drive anything other than a Z28. I'm not saying I'm going to run out and buy a Ford or a Dodge either (neither really do anything for me). If you want to settle for an SS, be my guest, but please stop telling others to keep their opinions, hopes, thoughts, and dreams to themselves.

I already have my dream car, I just thought it would be cool to have the '80 backed into the garage next to a 2010. Same colors, same trim, and both Z28s.
__________________
mshaeffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:12 PM   #107
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958
 
Camaro_Corvette's Avatar
 
Drives: Team 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 23,409
Trying to calm down, can't seem to write....and be nice........losing my mind.........
__________________
I am seriously never serious vv V vv Next order of business
Camaro_Corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:15 PM   #108
playhard67
come to poppa
 
playhard67's Avatar
 
Drives: 67RS,09 Harley FLHX
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro5 View Post
We were told the LS3 would not be used too...I bet the Z28 or whatever they call the LSA model will show up later. They don't want you to wait to buy. But, there is a possibility they will decide to cancel it do to fuel costs.
What he Said
playhard67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:18 PM   #109
Mythic
 
Mythic's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 Monte Carlo SS
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: VaBeach VA
Posts: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroLovers View Post
Personally I'm with this LS/LT crap. I don't care if all other regular chevy models come with that, it's rediculous IMO as a previous Camaro owner and still enthusiest. Why not just say RS vs. having an RS package? Corvette is not LS/LT/ZO6 is it?

Sorry, just venting a little.
Actually the Vette is.
the "Option" packs for the '08 Vette Coupe are:
1LT, 2LT, 3LT, 4LT

For the Z06:
1LZ, 2LZ, 3LZ

Its way to early to get you knickers in twist. for god's sake buy the one you can afford and "de-badge" it if you want. Go totally stealth.
Mythic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:19 PM   #110
4thGen
 
Drives: 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LS
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
Some of the people you are refering to are trolls that joined the site to just cause trouble and weren't enthusiasts at all.
The trolls are annoying. Some are obvious that they are not a Camaro fans at all, while others are posing as long time Camaro enthusiasts and are knocking the new Camaro just to make themself feel better. Remember everybody, there are some people who sign up on this site just to degrade the Camaro and cause trouble. Not everyone, but some.
4thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:24 PM   #111
4thGen
 
Drives: 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LS
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythic View Post
Actually the Vette is.
the "Option" packs for the '08 Vette Coupe are:
1LT, 2LT, 3LT, 4LT

For the Z06:
1LZ, 2LZ, 3LZ

Its way to early to get you knickers in twist. for god's sake buy the one you can afford and "de-badge" it if you want. Go totally stealth.
No need to go stealth. Those Mustang GTs need to know which car beat them.
4thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:25 PM   #112
neo2227
 
neo2227's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Chevy Tahoe sittin on 22'
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Orlando, Fl.
Posts: 133
Bro smoke and mirors man , smoke and mirors!!!! A Camaro line with out the Z/28 might as well be a freaking Mustang! Have faith my people! Have Faith I for one like Tag will be waiting to hear it from the horses mouth (GM ) !!!!
__________________
neo2227 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I specially ordered a Z28! (unlike all of you) 496BIGBLOCK Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 70 01-02-2011 01:44 PM
Possible new option packages changes wanted for '11 '12 model years PYROLYSIS 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 91 09-15-2010 05:15 PM
Think about this and the Z28 5th gen 13F20 Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 41 09-04-2010 12:59 AM
Bob Lutz interview radz28 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 113 08-28-2008 01:30 PM
Z28 - Please try and understand..... GTAHVIT Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 73 07-24-2008 12:30 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.