Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

View Poll Results: Do you want a more powerful version of the Camaro(Z28)?
Yes 835 76.12%
No 262 23.88%
Voters: 1097. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2008, 07:45 PM   #201
jmliptak
 
Drives: D
Join Date: May 2008
Location: D
Posts: 373
Kill it and then we can merge in all the attempts to open it back in a new thread and keep a count and post it on homepage to replace the countdown...

jmliptak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:39 PM   #202
playhard67
come to poppa
 
playhard67's Avatar
 
Drives: 67RS,09 Harley FLHX
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,864
close
playhard67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:40 PM   #203
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN
 
The_Blur's Avatar
 
Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NAS Whiting Field
Posts: 14,306
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
OMG!!! How are these NO Z28 THREADS STILL GOING!!! Do you guys really think that GM will never have a Z28 again..Come on guys! Some of you have begged and begged and begged for GM to bring back the camaro, and they have....now you complain that a trim model has not been announced, you say that you won't buy one just because of a badge...bullsh*t...

That wasn't part of the deal. You didn't ask for a camaro with 600 hp Z28 that decimates all, and then some. We asked for a Camaro and GM is trying to provide it even in the face of rising gas prices....

Get over yourself and buy the SS while GM puts the final touches on the car for the Vert, and the all American Badass......wait for it............Z28!!!!

I all of you, but this is petty crap to complain about! Especially on a message board with some people who have worked their ass off to make this happen!
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:43 PM   #204
fastball
White 'n Nerdy
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 1,650
They can call it whatever they want, to me it's just a badge. The car looks like a Camaro, it's good enough for me. With the LS3 and a 6 speed stick, the herritage is there. So what if Z28 isn't on your deck lid?

Would it make a difference if it said "Chevy Citation II"?
__________________
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:11 PM   #205
Congoman775

 
Congoman775's Avatar
 
Drives: Muscle
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
What do you mean by 'punish'? If you mean in terms of performance -- nothing could be further from the truth -- I think you'll be surprised that that the manual and automatics are nearly identical in terms of performance.
So is the 4.6 0-60 time that we heard for the Auto true?

and Same thing with the 4.9 for manual?

that seems like a significant gap in performance...

if its true im stuck on what ill end up buying...
Congoman775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:06 PM   #206
jmliptak
 
Drives: D
Join Date: May 2008
Location: D
Posts: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
They can call it whatever they want, to me it's just a badge. The car looks like a Camaro, it's good enough for me. With the LS3 and a 6 speed stick, the herritage is there. So what if Z28 isn't on your deck lid?

Would it make a difference if it said "Chevy Citation II"?
Ever drive a Citation? That MIGHT be a deal killer
jmliptak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:33 PM   #207
stovt001


 
stovt001's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Posts: 3,817
Rethinking the Z28

You know, we have started talking about the Z28 as if it had to be the model with the supercharged 550 hp engine. And the thinking has gone that if gas prices and CAFE prohibit that engine, we can't have the Z28. But what if the Z28 represents something else? Picture this: An LS3 with CAI and upgraded exhaust, more aggressive gearing, lightened body and chassis, sound insulation removed, chassis bracing, lightweight wheels, stickier tires, lightweight and heavily bolstered seats with extra grippy upholstery, and the bare minimum luxury features. Maybe go even crazier: a removed backseat, an early application of GM's first DCT? Its not impossible. If we were going to reference the first generation, then our new Z28 wouldn't be an insane hp drag strip beast. It would go, stop, and turn with the very best of them. With the above mods, fuel economy might even be increased. So if we remain open minded, a whole world of possibilities for the Z28 is presented. Woohoo!
__________________
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible" - Walt Disney

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:44 PM   #208
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010
Z28 Hold Out!
 
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Monte Carlo SS
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Wichita, Ks.
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Congoman775 View Post
So is the 4.6 0-60 time that we heard for the Auto true?

and Same thing with the 4.9 for manual?

that seems like a significant gap in performance...

if its true im stuck on what ill end up buying...
Yes it is true;

4.7 for auto w tapshift 13.2 1/4@106
4.9 for manual 13.3 1/4@~106(cant remember for sure)
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:29 PM   #209
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut
 
boxmonkeyracing's Avatar
 
Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: kenly, nc
Posts: 3,345
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
I want my z28. lol. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry. no seriously I do want it but dang it's hard to just let it go even though I know it's down the road.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
We do not want to use the Z28 moniker on a car that does not deserve this hallowed name.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 12:46 AM   #210
Chemical
 
Chemical's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS RS
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
You know, we have started talking about the Z28 as if it had to be the model with the supercharged 550 hp engine. And the thinking has gone that if gas prices and CAFE prohibit that engine, we can't have the Z28. But what if the Z28 represents something else? Picture this: An LS3 with CAI and upgraded exhaust, more aggressive gearing, lightened body and chassis, sound insulation removed, chassis bracing, lightweight wheels, stickier tires, lightweight and heavily bolstered seats with extra grippy upholstery, and the bare minimum luxury features. Maybe go even crazier: a removed backseat, an early application of GM's first DCT? Its not impossible. If we were going to reference the first generation, then our new Z28 wouldn't be an insane hp drag strip beast. It would go, stop, and turn with the very best of them. With the above mods, fuel economy might even be increased. So if we remain open minded, a whole world of possibilities for the Z28 is presented. Woohoo!
...maybe the rabbit hole goes deeper than we think. What if the Z28 is more than just a superchcarger, maybe no supercharger at all. What if a hybrid comes along, with 450 horses? or E85? The "muscle car of the next generation" ? BioDiesel? Electric?

Z28 doesn't necessarily need to have a 600HP engine, or does it? What do you think?
Chemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:58 AM   #211
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast
 
Supermans's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Miami
Posts: 4,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemical View Post
...maybe the rabbit hole goes deeper than we think. What if the Z28 is more than just a superchcarger, maybe no supercharger at all. What if a hybrid comes along, with 450 horses? or E85? The "muscle car of the next generation" ? BioDiesel? Electric?

Z28 doesn't necessarily need to have a 600HP engine, or does it? What do you think?
There is already an e85 ethanol corvette ZO6 that will appear at the Indy500 as a pace car in vert and coupe form. However E85 is scarce in terms of where it can be found and it is difficult to use a food supply as fuel for automobiles when people in other countries are dieing of hunger over corn shortages of all things.. However an all electric hybrid that has massive torque and HP that uses no gasoline at all might kick start a new revolution. However at this point in time, nothing can beat a rock solid V8's sound and thunder on the road.. Not even the new all electric Tesla Roadster..
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:03 AM   #212
Mindz
E.B.A.H.
 
Mindz's Avatar
 
Drives: you wild...
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Posts: 18,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
There is already an e85 ethanol corvette ZO6 that will appear at the Indy500 as a pace car in vert and coupe form. However E85 is scarce in terms of where it can be found and it is difficult to use a food supply as fuel for automobiles when people in other countries are dieing of hunger over corn shortages of all things.. However an all electric hybrid that has massive torque and HP that uses no gasoline at all might kick start a new revolution. However at this point in time, nothing can beat a rock solid V8's sound and thunder on the road.. Not even the new all electric Tesla Roadster..
One car performs about the same and gives me the same feeling and sound as the v8 rumble with gravitational pull towards the back of the car. Check my Tribute to the the best car ever thread in "other cars" section.
__________________
Blue Rush, 2010 SS [Car of the Week 3/22/2010] Traded in on...ZLZBUBB, 2013 ZL1
Mindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:04 AM   #213
Jeff
~ANTI-FORD~
 
Jeff's Avatar
 
Drives: Cadillac CTS
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 608
Send a message via MSN to Jeff
gonna miss it..
__________________
My Z28

sorry guys.. sold Camaro and got a Cadillac CTS, waiting for a few years to get a 2010 SS used ;]
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 04:45 AM   #214
Punk_rider
 
Punk_rider's Avatar
 
Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post



Guys and gals....I, too, am surprised the Z28 is dead thread (or dying, or whatever...) is still going on. This back and forth thing is ridiculous and the complaining....it is getting annoying (and I know for fact that there's lots of others here who feel the same way). I continue to hear an echo of, be happy the Camaro is here...stop complaining...I'm right and you're wrong....

Can we please just let it go for now and talk about what has been confirmed for a little? ...instead of continuing to talk about other stuff that will happen down the road??? (most likely)...

Who's up for closing this thread? anyone?? who wants to keep it open?
Keep it open. As long as this thread's alive, any Chevy people (fbod ...) coming to the site will see there's a real demand for the Z28.

I want chevy to know and remember we are a lot to want ASAP a supercharged Z28 and that these passionate people do not care much about oil price.

We don't ask for a cheap large selling Z28. Make it a special serie, expensive if needed, but give us the CHOICE
__________________
I'm kindly asking: "May I have a supercharged Z28 with 550 hp please? By the end of 2009 would be awesome. Thanks"
Punk_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 05:34 AM   #215
SSMOKN
Coupe
 
SSMOKN's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro,955I
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 370
Chevy is already late to the dance....now they left their dancing shoes at home...
Lets go Chevy! I want my top dog!
SSMOKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 06:17 AM   #216
Punk_rider
 
Punk_rider's Avatar
 
Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupé View Post
Chevy is already late to the dance....now they left their dancing shoes at home...
Lets go Chevy! I want my top dog!
Couldn't agree more ...

I'd add that the dancer is damn pretty, but can't dance without her shoes ...
__________________
I'm kindly asking: "May I have a supercharged Z28 with 550 hp please? By the end of 2009 would be awesome. Thanks"
Punk_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:01 AM   #217
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 25,788
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
you know...threats...as in your sig...really aren't the best way to get things done....

For the last time, the Z28 is NOT dead. Quit yer whining!
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.
SIGN UP for 2014 Camaro5 HPDE @ Gingerman Raceway!
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:23 AM   #218
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post
Keep it open. As long as this thread's alive, any Chevy people (fbod ...) coming to the site will see there's a real demand for the Z28.

I want chevy to know and remember we are a lot to want ASAP a supercharged Z28 and that these passionate people do not care much about oil price.

We don't ask for a cheap large selling Z28. Make it a special serie, expensive if needed, but give us the CHOICE
X1,000,000,000,000,000,000

That's all I'm trying to do and participate in I'm not trying to bitch, just express my desire for this kind of car in hopes if my baby is on the ropes, that GM might see there is a demand from a lot of us, and try to get her squared-away in a couple years. That's all
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:26 AM   #219
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
you know...threats...as in your sig...really aren't the best way to get things done....

For the last time, the Z28 is NOT dead. Quit yer whining!
Sig' edited
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:25 AM   #220
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN
 
The_Blur's Avatar
 
Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NAS Whiting Field
Posts: 14,306
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
You know, we have started talking about the Z28 as if it had to be the model with the supercharged 550 hp engine. And the thinking has gone that if gas prices and CAFE prohibit that engine, we can't have the Z28. But what if the Z28 represents something else? Picture this: An LS3 with CAI and upgraded exhaust, more aggressive gearing, lightened body and chassis, sound insulation removed, chassis bracing, lightweight wheels, stickier tires, lightweight and heavily bolstered seats with extra grippy upholstery, and the bare minimum luxury features. Maybe go even crazier: a removed backseat, an early application of GM's first DCT? Its not impossible. If we were going to reference the first generation, then our new Z28 wouldn't be an insane hp drag strip beast. It would go, stop, and turn with the very best of them. With the above mods, fuel economy might even be increased. So if we remain open minded, a whole world of possibilities for the Z28 is presented. Woohoo!
Everyone assumed that the Z28 was already designed and tested as a supercharged Camaro with 550 horses. To me, it seems as though it never crossed anyone's mind that the Z28 could be anything different than this preconceived notion. By prejudging the Z28, every created a big let down. GM never let on that the Z28 would exist at all this year, and now everyone is disappointed that GM isn't producing a 550-hp Z28. There are a lot of other ways to do a Z28 if they do one at all.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:43 AM   #221
Hylton


 
Hylton's Avatar
 
Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 7,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Everyone assumed that the Z28 was already designed and tested as a supercharged Camaro with 550 horses. To me, it seems as though it never crossed anyone's mind that the Z28 could be anything different than this preconceived notion. By prejudging the Z28, every created a big let down. GM never let on that the Z28 would exist at all this year, and now everyone is disappointed that GM isn't producing a 550-hp Z28. There are a lot of other ways to do a Z28 if they do one at all.
I think it was that white mule with the black hockey stick stripes driving all over North America. I agree - if they can't do plan "A", get a plan "B" and do something based on what you already have approved.
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:48 AM   #222
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut
 
boxmonkeyracing's Avatar
 
Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: kenly, nc
Posts: 3,345
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Everyone assumed that the Z28 was already designed and tested as a supercharged Camaro with 550 horses. To me, it seems as though it never crossed anyone's mind that the Z28 could be anything different than this preconceived notion. By prejudging the Z28, every created a big let down. GM never let on that the Z28 would exist at all this year, and now everyone is disappointed that GM isn't producing a 550-hp Z28. There are a lot of other ways to do a Z28 if they do one at all.
personally if it has 550 hp great. if not that's cool to. if it had 480 I'd be happy. I just want one with a race tuned suspension and at least 422 hp in manual form. that's all I really would like for a Z28. I didn't expect to hear anything at all about a Z28. But the rag that misquoted cheryl pritcher is what upset me. now that it's been cleared up I'm not freaking out.

I'm still eagerly waiting for a Z28. no matter what I'm waiting till 2010 to buy because of finances and waiting for either a Vert or Z28. hopefully if it's in the works we'll hear something by then. but yea.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
We do not want to use the Z28 moniker on a car that does not deserve this hallowed name.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 12:01 PM   #223
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN
 
The_Blur's Avatar
 
Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NAS Whiting Field
Posts: 14,306
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
personally if it has 550 hp great. if not that's cool to. if it had 480 I'd be happy. I just want one with a race tuned suspension and at least 422 hp in manual form. that's all I really would like for a Z28. I didn't expect to hear anything at all about a Z28. But the rag that misquoted cheryl pritcher is what upset me. now that it's been cleared up I'm not freaking out.

I'm still eagerly waiting for a Z28. no matter what I'm waiting till 2010 to buy because of finances and waiting for either a Vert or Z28. hopefully if it's in the works we'll hear something by then. but yea.
The SS is getting a Nurburgring-tuned, top-of-the-line GM suspension. You can't get a better suspension without aftermarket parts. I don't see the problem with the SS being top tier as long as it is getting the best parts.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 12:02 PM   #224
Hylton


 
Hylton's Avatar
 
Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 7,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
The SS is getting a Nurburgring-tuned, top-of-the-line GM suspension. You can't get a better suspension without aftermarket parts. I don't see the problem with the SS being top tier as long as it is getting the best parts.
What about a Z06 set-up?
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 12:04 PM   #225
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut
 
boxmonkeyracing's Avatar
 
Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: kenly, nc
Posts: 3,345
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
The SS is getting a Nurburgring-tuned, top-of-the-line GM suspension. You can't get a better suspension without aftermarket parts. I don't see the problem with the SS being top tier as long as it is getting the best parts.
if they used lighter suspension parts and double adjustable shocks we can talk about the tune. because yes the nurburgring is the giant of all race tracks but they will keep the suspension road worthy so the avg buyer won't be like this is to hard of a ride. so that's what I mean by race suspension setup.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
We do not want to use the Z28 moniker on a car that does not deserve this hallowed name.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I specially ordered a Z28! (unlike all of you) 496BIGBLOCK Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 70 01-02-2011 02:44 PM
Possible new option packages changes wanted for '11 '12 model years PYROLYSIS 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 91 09-15-2010 06:15 PM
Think about this and the Z28 5th gen 13F20 Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 41 09-04-2010 01:59 AM
Bob Lutz interview radz28 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 113 08-28-2008 02:30 PM
Z28 - Please try and understand..... GTAHVIT Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 73 07-24-2008 01:30 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.