Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2008, 07:38 PM   #1
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,746
Where are the DRL's?

I'm looking at all the videos we see posted here and the Yellow one comes out with all the lights on so we can't see the DRL's and the Red one has no lights and no DRL's on it visible at all.

Who has more info?
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:08 PM   #2
Chemical
 
Chemical's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS RS
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 710
I would assume its the ring that makes that halo effect. If your looking for pictures theres plenty on this thread.
Chemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:08 PM   #3
SSmoked

 
SSmoked's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: O' Canada
Posts: 1,278
perhaps the halos r the drl and after a certain time the headlights and fog light click in. kinda like how the bmw's run it
__________________
SSmoked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:14 PM   #4
Chemical
 
Chemical's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS RS
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 710
Actually I found a good picture for the Day time running lamps. At the top of this page.
http://jalopnik.com/5027353/jalopnik...veil-live+blog
Chemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:25 PM   #5
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemical View Post
Actually I found a good picture for the Day time running lamps. At the top of this page.
http://jalopnik.com/5027353/jalopnik...veil-live+blog
Thanks. I hope they work like you guys say! That would be cool!
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:28 PM   #6
EllwynX


 
EllwynX's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Southern NJ
Posts: 2,260
Well, the parking lamps (blinkers) are on in that picture also. So we can't be sure the halo's are going to be the DRL's.

If indeed the halo's ARE the DRL's, they will be the first ones I didn't want to disable.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:31 PM   #7
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
Well, the parking lamps (blinkers) are on in that picture also. So we can't be sure the halo's are going to be the DRL's.

If indeed the halo's ARE the DRL's, they will be the first ones I didn't want to disable.

I hope they are too because they DO look cool.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:57 PM   #8
Beyond Limits
Pushin a rock...
 
Beyond Limits's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: So Cal
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
I'm looking at all the videos we see posted here and the Yellow one comes out with all the lights on so we can't see the DRL's and the Red one has no lights and no DRL's on it visible at all.

Who has more info?
I know BMW's and Audi's use the halo's as DRL's. It would make sense since I don't know of any HID setup that uses the Xenon as the DRL and the other halogen in the setup would be the high beams.
Beyond Limits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:41 PM   #9
fastball
White 'n Nerdy
 
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT ordered
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 3,114
The DRLs would have to be the amber parking/turnsignal lamps inside the grille, because if you've all been paying attention, the halos are OPTIONAL as part of the RS package with HID headlamps.

If you opt for an LS or LT without the RS package, you will get halogen headlamps and no halos.

So, that would have to make the parking lamps the DRLs.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:44 PM   #10
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
The DRLs would have to be the amber parking/turnsignal lamps inside the grille, because if you've all been paying attention, the halos are OPTIONAL as part of the RS package with HID headlamps.

If you opt for an LS or LT without the RS package, you will get halogen headlamps and no halos.

So, that would have to make the parking lamps the DRLs.

Not necessarily.


The HID lamps could have Halo DRLs and the regular lamps could have either high beams for DRL or turn signals for DRL. It would be the most logical use for them.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:49 PM   #11
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre
 
TheCaptain's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Moosomin, Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 2,734
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
The DRLs would have to be the amber parking/turnsignal lamps inside the grille, because if you've all been paying attention, the halos are OPTIONAL as part of the RS package with HID headlamps.

If you opt for an LS or LT without the RS package, you will get halogen headlamps and no halos.

So, that would have to make the parking lamps the DRLs.
Logical sense there. I don't like DRLs on my cars anyway, unless the Halo rings are the DRLs, i'll be defeating them as well.
__________________
TheCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:51 PM   #12
fastball
White 'n Nerdy
 
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT ordered
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 3,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Not necessarily.


The HID lamps could have Halo DRLs and the regular lamps could have either high beams for DRL or turn signals for DRL. It would be the most logical use for them.
I think that would necessitate too many different wiring and schematic configurations to be cost effective. Don't you think making one set of parking/turnsignal/DRL lamps and harnesses for every car that comes down the line is alot more cost effective than different wiring harnesses for the same thing based on what a customer orders?
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:14 AM   #13
Chemical
 
Chemical's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS RS
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 710
It all depends on how you set it up. Some manufactures don't have halos as DRL's but MOST do. In this case I'm certain that THESE halos are DRL's. Otherwise the turn signals are DRL's just like the Cobalt and other similar vehicles.
Chemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:17 AM   #14
Chemical
 
Chemical's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS RS
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 710
Another option is both halos and the turn signals are DRL's. I know that the BMW's all have them activated (halos) for DRL's.
Chemical is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.