Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 11-22-2009, 03:30 PM   #1
southerncarparts

Drives: 2009 Corvette Z06
Borla 140280 Exhaust Installation

Thought everyone might enjoy this.....

We installed the Borla (140280) Catback Exhaust system on my buddies 2010 SS Camaro and documented the install, complete with a sound comparison to the stock system(at the end of the video). Thought you guys might like to see the installation along with hear the sound. I must say that I was a little concerned that the aggressive system would be too loud, but heck no...it was actually perfect. After hearing hearing the Borla Aggressive Camaro Exhaust I think the Borla Camaro Touring system might not be different enough from stock to make a difference.

The difference with the aggressive system was unbelievable and worth every penny....I do not understand why GM does not make the Camaro as OEM with this system? The stock exhaust is just too damn docile (in my opinion).

Thanks,

Jim :cheers:
southerncarparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:37 PM   #2
FutureCamaroOwner

Drives: White 1SS/Black Stripes
How much does one of them run and will the fit an LS
FutureCamaroOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:00 PM   #3
TAsAquaBlue

Drives: 2010 2SS-RS Aqua Blue, 5 spd.
What about drone? I had a C-6 with Magnaflows which sounded real nice except between 1400-1800 rpm's the drone would get a little old on road trips.
TAsAquaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:33 PM   #4
FutureCamaroOwner

Drives: White 1SS/Black Stripes
What is drone?
FutureCamaroOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:54 PM   #5
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Drone is!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCamaroOwner View Post
What is drone?

Buhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnnnhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhh

It's the sound you hear in certain RPM ranges and driving conditions from the exhaust note. Some exhaust systems are prone to it.... In most cases it isn't a problem, but if it happens at normal driving speeds on long trips, it can cause quite a headache and conversation can be difficult...My wife commented on mine... It doesn't bother me, I just turn the radio up.

I have the GMPP "off road" axle back for the moment. It throatier than the stock system but there is not any performance gain to be had. I plan on installing a Cam, headers, a full exhaust system, a CAI, and a tune down the road after the warranty issues are no longer a concern. I want 25,000 miles or so before I do any major changes...

When I do all of this, I'll be looking for a "Raspy" note from my exhaust rather than a rumbling note.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:32 PM   #6
surfaholic

Drives: 1989 jeep wrangler
nice post!!!!

the action starts around 8:20
surfaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:40 PM   #7
southerncarparts

Drives: 2009 Corvette Z06
Verdict is in....no drone that I can detect..

Not even when the engine is lugging or at highway speeds....
southerncarparts is offline   Reply With Quote