Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

USA - Great Lakes IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, WI

Old 11-22-2009, 08:54 PM   #1
Mock01

Drives: 01 Cobra
Looking for a new 5th Gen owner in Michigan

What's up everyone?

I posted this in off-topic too and someone suggested the regional section as well (since my dumba** didn't think to put it there in the first place):

While I was out today, I saw a new 'maro (it was orange...not sure what the technical color is) sitting outside a Pontiac dealer (on Sheldon road, Plymouth/Northville Michigan area). I'm assuming that the owner was walking around the inside of the lot looking at cars, as the dealer had it's gates shut. His license plate was CAMARO5 and it had some chrome around the exhaust pipe area. Not sure about any of the specifics other than that. Maybe a chin spoiler?

Anybody have a clue who he is/if he's here? His plate being CAMARO5 made me think to look, lol. Just wanted to see who he was, tell him he had a nice car, and maybe race him in the Spring if he's from around the area.
Mock01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 05:28 PM   #2
redlightroxy

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS, 2006 Malibu
Pretty sure I saw the same one at the Novi mall the other week.

Don't know if he posts here though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
You know you're addicted to Camaro5 when you hear that song being played over the radio and immediately think of redlightroxy.
redlightroxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 05:58 PM   #3
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mock01 View Post
What's up everyone?

I posted this in off-topic too and someone suggested the regional section as well (since my dumba** didn't think to put it there in the first place):

While I was out today, I saw a new 'maro (it was orange...not sure what the technical color is) sitting outside a Pontiac dealer (on Sheldon road, Plymouth/Northville Michigan area). I'm assuming that the owner was walking around the inside of the lot looking at cars, as the dealer had it's gates shut. His license plate was CAMARO5 and it had some chrome around the exhaust pipe area. Not sure about any of the specifics other than that. Maybe a chin spoiler?

Anybody have a clue who he is/if he's here? His plate being CAMARO5 made me think to look, lol. Just wanted to see who he was, tell him he had a nice car, and maybe race him in the Spring if he's from around the area.
hmmmm... 01 Cobra... were you over visiting my friends at MRT?
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 06:32 PM   #4
Easy Go

Drives: LLT MV5 B34 N65... period.
Where is MRT located? I need a few more db spewing out the tailpipe, apparently. Not sure if I can't be seen or if people are just so gravitated towards the Camaro that they can't help but swerve towards me. Police are going to have to start handing out DDC tickets - "Distracted Due to Camaro".

Saw a number of Mustangs along 696 today on my way to and from the proving grounds - those cars are just utterly forgettable.
Easy Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 06:41 PM   #5
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Go View Post
Where is MRT located? I need a few more db spewing out the tailpipe, apparently. Not sure if I can't be seen or if people are just so gravitated towards the Camaro that they can't help but swerve towards me. Police are going to have to start handing out DDC tickets - "Distracted Due to Camaro".

Saw a number of Mustangs along 696 today on my way to and from the proving grounds - those cars are just utterly forgettable.
MRT is located between Beck and Sheldon, just north of M-14... They are mainly a Mustang shop, which is why I asked Mock01 if he was over there...

http://store.mrt-direct.com/info.html

They can help however help you with the db level... They have a nice axle back for the Camaro:

Old 11-23-2009, 07:32 PM   #6
Mock01

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
hmmmm... 01 Cobra... were you over visiting my friends at MRT?
Haha, nope! I live around the area. I've been to/know people at MRT though. 01 Cobra in a sixxer body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Go View Post
Blah blah blah blah blah blah poop blah blah blah blah
Orly?
Old 11-23-2009, 07:38 PM   #7
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Haha, nope! I live around the area. I've been to/know people at MRT though. 01 Cobra in a sixxer body.
Cool... probably have crossed paths once or twice if you ever been to an MRT open house or other event...

My old ride...

Old 11-23-2009, 08:05 PM   #8
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
Haven't seen that car yet, but I'll leave a note if I do.

CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:13 PM   #9
Mock01

Quote:
Cool... probably have crossed paths once or twice if you ever been to an MRT open house or other event...

My old ride...

Nice! I think I've seen your around mustangforums...am I right? I was at the open house...2 open houses ago? I was the red New Edge V6 with the COBRA R license plate that everyone was bitching about until I opened the hood.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:25 PM   #10
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Nice! I think I've seen your around mustangforums...am I right? I was at the open house...2 open houses ago? I was the red New Edge V6 with the COBRA R license plate that everyone was bitching about until I opened the hood.
This it?

Old 11-23-2009, 08:39 PM   #11
Mock01

Quote:
This it?

Yep! That's me! Nice picture of my car!
Old 11-23-2009, 08:40 PM   #12
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Yep! That's me! Nice picture of my car!
Very nice car! Sorry I missed seeing under the hood!
Old 11-23-2009, 08:48 PM   #13
Mock01

Quote:
Very nice car! Sorry I missed seeing under the hood!
Thanks! I just looked, and in over 50+ gigs of photos and misc. crap, I don't have a single engine bay picture. :(

Only thing that matters is it looks like a 3.8, it's as quiet as a 3.8, but it sure as hell isn't a 3.8.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:10 PM   #14
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Thanks! I just looked, and in over 50+ gigs of photos and misc. crap, I don't have a single engine bay picture. :(

Only thing that matters is it looks like a 3.8, it's as quiet as a 3.8, but it sure as hell isn't a 3.8.
So i've heard... hehehe...