Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Hurst Shifters
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery All Camaro related pictures, videos and other assorted media.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2009, 11:32 AM   #376
Jericho
Come see me.
 
Jericho's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevrolet Line-up
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, Va.
Posts: 557
Send a message via Yahoo to Jericho
Back in black. Anyone know what phantom stripes are and what do they have to look like to be phantom or ghost stripes?
__________________
When you have a finely tuned percision piece of engineering.
Vin#30271
Jericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 01:35 PM   #377
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem
 
slick rick's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Foothill Ranch, CA
Posts: 5,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellertxgen5 View Post
slick rick... I will soon. Ill post pics when it's all done.
__________________
slick rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:18 PM   #378
usmcbmw
 
usmcbmw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2LT Camaro RS, Land Rover LR2
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post
Some more pics of Bell040's beauty
Did the dealer paint the ground effects kit for you or did you take it somewhere special?
usmcbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 11:20 PM   #379
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!
 
Mohrg Beast's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
Back in black. Anyone know what phantom stripes are and what do they have to look like to be phantom or ghost stripes?
in my opinion phantom stripes only show up under certain conditions..i guess more people think like me than i thought..LOL..its soo weird. i had three different schemes planned for my car..i was gonna do black/black green/black or my definition of phantom/black. i was gonna have the painter put a ton of green metal flake in the clear coat and leave the entire car black. then tape off the stripes and just pour on the clear coat flake concochtion. he said that was a really different idea and he was really wanting me to do it so we could see how it turned out. my idea was to have a solid black car and when any light hit it at a certain angle it turned this brilliant green. like the same exact green i have for my stripes now but they wouldnt be noticeable until someone was directly on top of it or lights/sun was shining on it..to me that would be a kind of phantom stripes..a simple black car that turns to something different under certain conditions.
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:52 AM   #380
Jericho
Come see me.
 
Jericho's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevrolet Line-up
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, Va.
Posts: 557
Send a message via Yahoo to Jericho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohrg Beast View Post
in my opinion phantom stripes only show up under certain conditions..i guess more people think like me than i thought..LOL..its soo weird. i had three different schemes planned for my car..i was gonna do black/black green/black or my definition of phantom/black. i was gonna have the painter put a ton of green metal flake in the clear coat and leave the entire car black. then tape off the stripes and just pour on the clear coat flake concochtion. he said that was a really different idea and he was really wanting me to do it so we could see how it turned out. my idea was to have a solid black car and when any light hit it at a certain angle it turned this brilliant green. like the same exact green i have for my stripes now but they wouldnt be noticeable until someone was directly on top of it or lights/sun was shining on it..to me that would be a kind of phantom stripes..a simple black car that turns to something different under certain conditions.
I was originally planning more of an outline type ghosting that gives the apperance of floating above the car.
__________________
When you have a finely tuned percision piece of engineering.
Vin#30271
Jericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:40 PM   #381
Shardik2SS
How U Doin?
 
Drives: #21,644
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Californication
Posts: 24,566
I've looked and can not find any pics of a black SS with rally yellow stripes. I've been curious as to what it might look like. It doesn't matter what kind, whether it's Bumblebee, rally or skunk stripes. Has anyone seen a photo shop or actual and maybe I just overlooked it? Thanks.
Shardik2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:25 AM   #382
Batmaro
 
Batmaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Black Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SOCAL/COLORADO
Posts: 216
So I'm sitting at a stop light tonight waiting for the green arrow to make a left and a lady sitting next to me asks me why it's so quiet. I look at her and say shh, shes in stealth mode looking for a mustang to eat. Guess it's time to look at some Borlas. Anyway, here is what she looks like with orange spears on the hood. I am getting my GFX installed next week and hope to have some better pictures then.
Attached Images
 
__________________
2SS/RS, Black/Gray, 6M and GFX
2G1FT1EW3A9119245 Delivered: 07/07/09
Batmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:37 AM   #383
Primus
2G1FF1EV0A9113319
 
Primus's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1LT/RS 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 1,139
Here is a toy version of what it would look like:



And more:

http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...tart=0&ndsp=20
__________________
2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6 Black
1100: 10/13/2008
2000: 4/02/2009
3000: 4/08/2009
3300: 5/14/2009
3400: 5/21/2009
3800: 5/28/2009 VIN: 2G1FF1EV0A9113319
4000: 5/28/2009
4150: 5/28/2009
4B00: 5/28/2009

Delivered: 6/10/2009
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:56 AM   #384
Spdfrk1990
 
Drives: 90 Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmaro View Post
So I'm sitting at a stop light tonight waiting for the green arrow to make a left and a lady sitting next to me asks me why it's so quiet. I look at her and say shh, shes in stealth mode looking for a mustang to eat. Guess it's time to look at some Borlas. Anyway, here is what she looks like with orange spears on the hood. I am getting my GFX installed next week and hope to have some better pictures then.
Get some american racing headers with magnaflow or the kooks full system with no cats . They want a lot of money for exhaust on these cars though I thought my 4th gen was bad.
Spdfrk1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:45 PM   #385
jamesfl
BAD 4SS
 
jamesfl's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS with ground effect
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hollywood, FL
Posts: 148
Blacked OUT!

2SS/RS with ground effects, Pro Charger P-1SC-1 supercharger with a Custom 3 core intercooler, American Racing long tube headers, Corsa Cat back exhaust, MSD wire kit, and a breathless performance tune.
Attached Images
  
jamesfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:51 PM   #386
Bell040


 
Bell040's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: B'ham, Alabama
Posts: 2,462
that thing is frikin sweet

i think we are going to need some video of that beast


.... and what do the halos look like under that tint?
__________________
Ordered: 10-13-08
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:52 PM   #387
Shardik2SS
How U Doin?
 
Drives: #21,644
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Californication
Posts: 24,566
A thing of beauty! Kudos.
Shardik2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:48 AM   #388
Scott Jones
 
Scott Jones's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2010 1LT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 50
While driving my black 2010 Camaro on vacation near Nashville, TN I happened to see these two beauties in a parking lot.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Scott Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 03:19 AM   #389
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!
 
Mohrg Beast's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus View Post
Here is a toy version of what it would look like:



And more:

http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...tart=0&ndsp=20
AHHHH you psychic!!! I swear to god i have that same exact bumble bee toy painted to match my camaro..i cant show pics got i couldnt get it back together after transforming it..well i was driving and it was dark and long story short bumble went the way of Beebop from the first movie..and i was megatron.LOL...poor poor beebop..LOL.
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:06 AM   #390
Primus
2G1FF1EV0A9113319
 
Primus's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1LT/RS 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 1,139
beebop? You mean Jazz?
__________________
2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6 Black
1100: 10/13/2008
2000: 4/02/2009
3000: 4/08/2009
3300: 5/14/2009
3400: 5/21/2009
3800: 5/28/2009 VIN: 2G1FF1EV0A9113319
4000: 5/28/2009
4150: 5/28/2009
4B00: 5/28/2009

Delivered: 6/10/2009
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 02:28 AM   #391
TypeC
 
Drives: Non-bowtie
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SATX
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanT1982 View Post
Can someone explain the above difference in headlights? I thought they were all projectors.
TypeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:03 AM   #392
jachevy28
Camaro. Is. Life.
 
jachevy28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Greer, SC
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeC View Post
Can someone explain the above difference in headlights? I thought they were all projectors.
Left is without the RS package, regular headlights. The headlights are DRL's, and you can turn the fogs on independently or with the headlights. Right is what you get w/ the RS package (HID). I don't have this, but apparently you can't turn on the fog lights when you turn on the headlights. The fogs are the DRL's.
__________________
Lifetime Camaro Owner: 1994 V6 - 1999 V6 - 2002 Z28 - 2010 2SS Black/Beige

www.cardomain.com/ride/3359406

ADDITIONS:
MBRP Cat-Back Exhaust
DIY Painted Engine Cover

DELIVERED: 6/15/09
jachevy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 11:40 AM   #393
Spine Tingler
MOVN BONZ
 
Drives: 2007 Freightliner Sport Chassi
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesfl View Post
2SS/RS with ground effects, Pro Charger P-1SC-1 supercharger with a Custom 3 core intercooler, American Racing long tube headers, Corsa Cat back exhaust, MSD wire kit, and a breathless performance tune.
James: Your car looks great, did you paint or powdercoat your wheels?
Spine Tingler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 06:08 PM   #394
Spyderseal
 
Spyderseal's Avatar
 
Drives: Awaiting my ZL1 (QQTTTG)
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesfl View Post
2SS/RS with ground effects, Pro Charger P-1SC-1 supercharger with a Custom 3 core intercooler, American Racing long tube headers, Corsa Cat back exhaust, MSD wire kit, and a breathless performance tune.
That DOES look sweet!! Now, in my opinion, if you you could get the "Camaro" badging on the side to be "blacked out" as well, even better!!!
Spyderseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:17 PM   #395
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!
 
Mohrg Beast's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus View Post
Any pictures of Black with tinted windows yet?
my windows are tinted..25% and illegal in my state but they are dark and look incredible..that was the first thing i actually done to my car.
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:24 PM   #396
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!
 
Mohrg Beast's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 607
heres a pic of mine with 25% tint and aftermarket rims.
Attached Images
 
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:28 PM   #397
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!
 
Mohrg Beast's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
I was originally planning more of an outline type ghosting that gives the apperance of floating above the car.
good idea..i bet mine and your idea together would look insane. your floating idea with my metalflake clearcoating that makes them have the floating appearance would be something incredible..i see alot of borealus board game dice that would look insane as racing stripes on one of these cars.
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:38 PM   #398
Sharpe62
 
Sharpe62's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Black/Black
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Comox, british columbia Canada
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohrg Beast View Post
heres a pic of mine with 25% tint and aftermarket rims.
Looks great!! congrats gives me some ideas
__________________
Sharpe62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 04:54 AM   #399
Camaroman_99

 
Camaroman_99's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,721
Thumbs up

It is hard to beat a black Camaro You can never go wrong with that color!
__________________
-----------------------------------
Camaroman_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:25 AM   #400
Speed 1
 
Speed 1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 LS Camaro 365 days a year
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Maine
Posts: 450
...........................
Attached Images
 
__________________
Born 5-15-09_LS_Auto_VIN. # 16507
Speed 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
THE OFFICIAL NY THREAD DON_RAFA USA - NY / NJ / PA 492 12-11-2014 09:14 AM
Does the v6 have enough power? cstproductions Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 305 08-29-2012 10:27 PM
Transcript of Camaro ZL1 Q&A Webchat with Chevrolet Tran Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 38 02-17-2012 01:45 AM
Think about this and the Z28 5th gen 13F20 Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 41 09-04-2010 01:59 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.