Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:35 PM   #51
JusticePete
Rebel Leader

Drives: Camaro Justice
Who makes the drop coils or coilovers has no relationship to the clearance issue. Wheel diameter and offset are critical variables. The wise thing to do is check for clearance with new wheels or lowered vehicle on a rail style lift. Safety first!
Old 02-08-2010, 04:48 AM   #52
sting808

Drives: 4 wheels
Does anyone have tips to take up ebrake line slack? My MBRP 3", driveshaft, and heat shield is blocking easy access to the ebrake past the gas tanks.

I am trying to avoid taking off the 3" pipes, disconnecting the driveshaft from the rear dif, and dropping the heat shield. I did the 3/8" hose with clamps as a temp solution. I installed my CCWs and thought I had enough clearance at the time. This past week, I noticed a rubbing sound and found the cable rubbing under cetain conditions(no drop, yet). I guess all the jacking up and lowering may have pulled the ebrake cable so the finger clearance wasn't cutting it during certain suspension travel.

Don't know how to parse uploaded pics in the text so following pics shows
-ebrake mount between fr/rr heat shield that may be the key area to take up slack
-long shot of ebrake path
-various shots of temp solution
Attached Images

sting808 is offline   Reply With Quote