Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2008, 11:42 AM   #1
LSxcellent
 
Drives: MINI Cooper S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 284
Camaro Dimensions vs. Competition (a comparison)

2010 Camaro Coupe:

Length = 190.4 (+4.2)
Height = 54.2 (+1.2)
Width = 75.5 (-4.1)
Wheelbase = 112.3 (+1.8)

Curb Weight = 3750lb to 3860lb
Power = 300hp or 422hp

This means we have a weight/power ratio of:

3750/300 = 12.5lb/hp
3860/422 = 9.14lb/hp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here are the #'s for some of our competitors:

Dodge Challenger SRT8

Length × Width × Height in: 197.8 × 75.7 × 57
Wheelbase (inches): 116.0
Front track (inches): 63.0
Rear track (inches): 63.1
Curb Weight 4140lbs

4140/425 = 9.74lb/hp

Ford Mustang GT

Length × Width × Height in: 187.6 × 74 (79.3(incl. mirrors)) × 55.4
Curb Weight 3540lbs
300hp

3540/300=11.8lb/hp

Nissan 350Z

Length × Width × Height in: 169.8 × 71.5 × 52.1
Curb Weight 3327
306hp

3327/306 = 10.87lb/hp

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall we look pretty good, though bigger in almost every dimension, we ended up a little lighter than expected!

Power/Weight looks good, we are WAY ahead of the Mustang/Challenger in this regard!

~LSx
__________________
"When you turn your car on, does it return the favor?"
LSxcellent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:07 PM   #2
wlvrine
 
wlvrine's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 HW Edition
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 341
comparison

I'll tell you what, this makes feel pretty good. Not that I have issues with the Camaro anyway.
Thanks
wlvrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:11 PM   #3
Fandango
(In Z/28 Therapy)
 
Fandango's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 SS Camaro (Sookie)
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zephyrhills, FL
Posts: 465
Send a message via AIM to Fandango
Yuck at Nissan is in there. That thing is hardly a car. It's more like Soap box to me. An how does that car way that much??
__________________
Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die.”
Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:23 PM   #4
Cubanaso
Follower of CHRIST!
 
Cubanaso's Avatar
 
Drives: 2005 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Central FL
Posts: 299
Did you all notice, how is the Mustang faster than the 350Z? Till this day I don't understand the Mustang GT's 1/4 mile.
__________________
A GM V8 in every home....
Cubanaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 05:20 PM   #5
Shifty 6
 
Drives: 2010 GTI
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Morton, IL
Posts: 679
Hey have you guys priced a Nissan 350Z lately?!?!?!

I was there yesterday, they had 2, one for $28K and change and the other $36K and change.

I saw a Challenger in town today as well, sold, and no other information on the V6 or R/T. So we aren't the only ones having to wait.
Shifty 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:15 PM   #6
DGthe3
Moderator.ca
 
DGthe3's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 23,302
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
interesting to see the comparisons that will be happening next spring
__________________
Note, if I've gotten any facts wrong in the above, just ignore any points I made with them
__________________
Originally Posted by FbodFather
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!
__________________

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:32 PM   #7
LS9CamaroSS
 
LS9CamaroSS's Avatar
 
Drives: Cavalier RS
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Jordan, NY
Posts: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSxcellent View Post
2010 Camaro Coupe:

Length = 190.4 (+4.2)
Height = 54.2 (+1.2)
Width = 75.5 (-4.1)
Wheelbase = 112.3 (+1.8)

Curb Weight = 3750lb to 3860lb
Power = 300hp or 422hp

This means we have a weight/power ratio of:

3750/300 = 12.5lb/hp
3860/422 = 9.14lb/hp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here are the #'s for some of our competitors:

Dodge Challenger SRT8

Length × Width × Height in: 197.8 × 75.7 × 57
Wheelbase (inches): 116.0
Front track (inches): 63.0
Rear track (inches): 63.1
Curb Weight 4140lbs

4140/425 = 9.74lb/hp

Ford Mustang GT

Length × Width × Height in: 187.6 × 74 (79.3(incl. mirrors)) × 55.4
Curb Weight 3540lbs
300hp

3540/300=11.8lb/hp

Nissan 350Z

Length × Width × Height in: 169.8 × 71.5 × 52.1
Curb Weight 3327
306hp

3327/306 = 10.87lb/hp

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall we look pretty good, though bigger in almost every dimension, we ended up a little lighter than expected!

Power/Weight looks good, we are WAY ahead of the Mustang/Challenger in this regard!

~LSx
Sweet... i can't wait for the C&D comparo... Camaro SS, Dodge Challenger SRT8, Ford Mustang GT 5.0, and the NismoZ that'd be sweet.
LS9CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 08:53 AM   #8
Bocephus
 
Drives: 2011 Mustang GT, Kona, BBP, 3.73
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ocala, FL
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS9CamaroSS View Post
Sweet... i can't wait for the C&D comparo... Camaro SS, Dodge Challenger SRT8, Ford Mustang GT 5.0, and the NismoZ that'd be sweet.
The 5.0 is supposed to make 400+ hp according the insiders on the Mustang forums. And the weight is supposed to stay the same or go down. Of course it's all conjecture at this point but...:

3500/400=8.75
Bocephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 08:57 AM   #9
shank0668


 
shank0668's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 WS6
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,423
Send a message via AIM to shank0668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
The 5.0 is supposed to make 400+ hp according the insiders on the Mustang forums. And the weight is supposed to stay the same or go down. Of course it's all conjecture at this point but...:

3500/400=8.75
do u realize what that means if that happens? yep a 500 hp base ss
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 09:05 AM   #10
Bocephus
 
Drives: 2011 Mustang GT, Kona, BBP, 3.73
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ocala, FL
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
do u realize what that means if that happens? yep a 500 hp base ss
Yeah by the time Ford actually brings out the 5.0 Chevy will have the LS4. It pisses me off how they keep delaying engines.
Bocephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 09:06 AM   #11
ihc95
 
ihc95's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335i E92
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 649
Crap. The Nismo Z is in that list. I hate to say it but Nissan did a fantastic job in making that car. Sure its not the best looking car here but every car magazine is praising its agility and handling. Also, the performance is good because of the liteness.
ihc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 09:07 AM   #12
shank0668


 
shank0668's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 WS6
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,423
Send a message via AIM to shank0668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
Yeah by the time Ford actually brings out the 5.0 Chevy will have the LS4. It pisses me off how they keep delaying engines.
like the vette in ten years ill bet we will se 1000 hp
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 09:10 AM   #13
ihc95
 
ihc95's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335i E92
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 649
Wow. just noticed the Camaro is as wide as the Challenger but more than 2 in lower!
ihc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 12:37 PM   #14
Congoman775

 
Congoman775's Avatar
 
Drives: Muscle
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubanaso View Post
Did you all notice, how is the Mustang faster than the 350Z? Till this day I don't understand the Mustang GT's 1/4 mile.
Torque
Congoman775 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Camaro Laws ChevyNut Off-topic Discussions 102 06-06-2011 10:34 PM
Detroit News panel wants GM to build Camaro concept Tran 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 12 03-15-2009 04:38 PM
Camaro Chat 9:30-10:00 jdpickering 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 25 07-22-2008 02:11 PM
Cheryl Pilcher (Fbodmother) Questions & Answers camaro5 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 2 04-19-2008 05:07 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.