Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Old 08-25-2015, 01:05 PM   #1
TXsilvy

Drives: camaro
noob 69 blown lsx

joined up because it seems like this forum has the most information on the kenne bell mammoth blowers.

I tripped over a good deal on a 69 Camaro with a TSP 408 stroker, 3.6 kenne bell, and PRC L92 heads. I couldn't pass it up!

I'm more of a N/A and nitrous LS guy, so this blower and meth is new ground for me. I look forward to learning, and sharing my knowledge. this is my first Camaro. only the 1st and 3rd gens make my willy wiggle and now I have a first gen!

previous vehicles?

2001 Silverado. heads/cam/nitrous 408 stroker
1996 ls2 swapped S10. heads/cam/nitrous/carbed with trick-flow heads and all the goodies.

I'm actually selling off the s10 to make room for the new Camaro. i have plans to put my own touches on the car. it has quarks. the suspension was done with a tape measurer. it cruises great, but gets stupid at wot and anything over 80mph. the other problem is it runs 13.6 AFR at wot WITH 24.5* of timing That's with a 10 and 18 meth nozzle!!! I doubt yall care about the trucks, so here is the newest addition to the garage!

TXsilvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 01:44 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '15 Corvette Coupe
CONGRATS on your ride and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, dad's, wives', husband's, girlfriend's and boyfriend's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 08-25-2015, 02:05 PM   #3
TXsilvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
CONGRATS on your ride and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, dad's, wives', husband's, girlfriend's and boyfriend's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
first reply from another Houstonian. sweet! I'm actually in Humble (north side)
Old 08-25-2015, 04:32 PM   #4
SNSSTR
All About That Speed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Welcome! Nice Camaro! And what do you mean we don't want to see the trucks??? Show em!

And with your blower you better get that tune and AFR fixed before you do too much more WOT...

2010 SS M6 | 416 CI | H/C/I | GPI TUNED | SNSSTR
SNSSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 05:28 PM   #5
TXsilvy

yeah I know. I need to get the chassis squared away first. the project was freshly finished and has little bugs I'm cleaning up. the tune is a big concern though. I reached out to the tuner before I bought the car and he said it was a mild tune. I would HATE to see what his aggressive tunes look like lol. if it wasn't running the largest pulley that kenne bell supplies, I would swear that it was tuned at a lower boost level, or with no blower at all. the blower is out of the box stock. it starts cold great and cruises decent...I'm just afraid to get into boost with this timing and AFR.
Old 08-25-2015, 05:29 PM   #6
Jus1dab

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Wow! That thing is a MONSTER!
Old 08-25-2015, 05:42 PM   #7
TXsilvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus1dab View Post
Wow! That thing is a MONSTER!
Thanks. I have a small tire LS2 s10 that would drag the Camaro's ass, but the Camaro looks a LOT better doing it haha. the Camaro has potential. i'll get it there one day. a tune would help it a ton.

here are pics of the first build and the s10 that I'm pulling apart to sell.

and the other 4 wheeled toy:
Old 08-25-2015, 07:26 PM   #8
USCAMARO14

Drives: 2LS 2014
Thumbs up

Old 08-26-2015, 03:13 PM   #9
SNSSTR
All About That Speed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Man you got some nice stuff! Share all the details!

I'm really diggin the silverado and would love to see a video of a pass in the s10

2010 SS M6 | 416 CI | H/C/I | GPI TUNED | SNSSTR
SNSSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 05:16 PM   #10
TXsilvy

the Silverado is long gone. in the end it had a 408 with a 300 shot. put it back stock and sold it. the s10 is having the motor pulled this weekend. the best it went was 6.80 in the 1/8 on drag radials off the foot brake N/A with low timing. never got to try the nitrous or trans brake. bummer!

here is a 6.86 in the s10. it went straight as an arrow after we adjusted the traction bars. think this was a 1.46 60'.

Old 08-31-2015, 10:44 AM   #11
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Welcome! Great collection of toys!