Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 02:12 PM   #51
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
his replays are getting more scared everytime he posts something.

Q: Nowhere in this contract does it say it is transferable. Please post a statement from the dealership about the transferability of this contract. Thanks. Jul-29-08
A: The contract has my name and/or assigns meaning I can assign the contract to anyone I choose without the permission of the other party. Whenever a contract has this clause, it is assignable. Southworth Chevrolet doesn't care, and even if they did they have no legal basis because they signed the contract with the clause. I will guarantee Southworth honors the contract or your money back plus $1000.

Q: This is the sort of thing that gives salesmen and car dealers a bad name. Granted, the people willing to bid are just as much a part of the problem as the dealers provoking the scam, but there is no car in the world, except for the possible exception of a Bugatti Veyron 16.4, worth paying a dime over the MSRP. The return of the Camaro is great, and I will be buying one, but I will be buying mine from a dealer that will accept my below sticker offer, without having to "bid". And yes, I will be able to build it the day GM opens the build process. GM has already stated there will be plenty of these cars available (if you paid attention to your IDL), at launch, and no one should be left in the cold or forced to pay over sticker. Just thought I'd give you my $.02..... this is from a dedicated Camaro fanatic, and supporter of the return of the Camaro since 2002. Member of multiple Camaro 5th generation forums and a friend of a GM autoshow floorplan manager for Chevy and Saturn. Jul-29-08
A: Thanks for your two cents, but unfortunately that's about all it's worth. First of all, I'm not a car dealer or salesman of any sort. I'm just a car fanatic who had my heart set on owning the first camaro and took steps in 2006 to make sure it happened. Since then I was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor and owning the first camaro has become secondary to me, so I'm giving someone else with the desire and financial means the opportunity to purchase the first camaro. For those of you who think you'll get a camaro below or at sticker price - keep dreaming. Maybe two years down the road, but not for the first year. It will take GM at least a year to ramp up the assembly lines to the point where they can meet demand. When the Chrysler PT cruiser came out, people were paying $10K over sticker for that, and it was a piece of junk. People will have to do the same for the camaro too, and this car will be worth it. This auction isn't for people who have to pinch their pennys. This auction is for people who want the first camaro and also have enough cash to not miss an extra 10K.

Q: Hello, my name is Endy and I was wondering what is the actual sticker price. Jul-29-08
A: The actualy sticker price has not been announced yet, but this car will be a competitor with the Ford Mustang so you can expect the sticker price to be similiar to the mustang. I don't think it really matters if you want the first one!
Greatest Camaro club around www.pnwcc.com
PNWCC is now on facebook
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT, 87 Iroc-z, 90 Vette Vert , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT
Old 07-29-2008, 02:18 PM   #52
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
^I know! Let's see if mine is posted up....

He's really getting defensive and even said this auction wasn't for those pinching their pennys!!! He's just out to make a buck.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:39 PM   #53
GreySteele06

Drives: A pair of tan boots-back in09
Sent in response to his Transferability answer (actually pretty good answer unfortunatly):

"I would still like to see something from the dealer reguarding transferability before spending thousands of dollars. I trust you understand."

Like i would pay this chump.....

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
-George Orwell
Old 07-29-2008, 02:55 PM   #54
GreySteele06

And then one more for the seller. Just for sh*ts and grins to screw w/ him:

"One more question, i know i have alot of em... The contract stipulates that if the seller does not hold up their end the, lets say, "contract holder" would then be returned the $1000 deposit. I would need the statement drafted by your lawyer to state if the seller did not come through, then this contract transfer price would then be refunded, less the thousand dollars that i would get back from the dealer. Please post the verbage that would be drafted from your lawyer. Thanks again."

At least if hes going to scam people i can make him work for it.

Its a LONG war people... I can do this all day... (we may be comming up on harrasment so ill lay off for now) But please people, everyone feel free to get involved.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
-George Orwell
Old 07-29-2008, 03:30 PM   #55
Bumble Bee '77
AutoBot Scout

Drives: 2002 ZRS Camaro
The Dealer called me back and said he's had 5 calls just today about the ebay thing. He sounded really upset since this guy is the only one thats set up a contract. And it isn't for the "first" Camaro, it's just the first one for that particular dealer. And the whole "brain tumor" thing just stinks of "scam". Weather its true or not, its just like the "I want to meet the band cause I'm dying of cancer" scam so many people have pulled.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:33 PM   #56
aston70

Drives: Me Nutz!! Arrrrgh...
This is getting to be entertaining. please...
Old 07-29-2008, 03:36 PM   #57
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by aston70 View Post
This is getting to be entertaining. please...
maybe someone should get kidnapped lol.
Greatest Camaro club around www.pnwcc.com
PNWCC is now on facebook
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT, 87 Iroc-z, 90 Vette Vert , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT
Old 07-29-2008, 04:03 PM   #58
GreySteele06

A few move questions answered by said seller:

Q: I would still like to see something from the dealer before spending thousands of dollars. I trust you understand. Jul-29-08
A: I understand what you'd like, but I'm not going to go through the trouble of providing anything from the dealer because it's not up to the dealer. Go ahead and Google contract law and the phrase and/or assigns and you can read about how an assignment contract works. I put this wording on every contract I sign so I know how it works. When the real estate market was hot, I used to buy properties with this wording on the contract and then turn them again before closing. If you don't feel comfortable bidding, then the other bidders will appreciate your inactivity.
Q: What a sad day it is when people attempt to pull stunts like these...and to lay claim that people won't be able to get the Camaro at or below MSRP (not sticker price...because that could mean mark up...get your details right)?!?! What a joke! GM will be putting out 80 to 100K Camaros a year and that is just A START! Yes, some dealers will mark up the car (as we've all heard) and I've spoken to numerous dealers who REFUSE to mark up the car knowing full well that there will be enough Camaros to go around and that they intend keep customers for life. Your auction is downright pitiful. Fix your details too...you say "First Camaro." Even your "attorney" would tell you to use more caution with your words. On top of that, "this auction isn't for people who have to pinch their pennies..." proving once again that someone is just trying to "make a buck." Cancel your contract with your dealer...you are doing nothing but giving youself AND they dealer a bad name! 10k over MSRP??..please. Jul-29-08
A: Thanks for your negative input. You must have mistaken this auction for a camaro forum, but this is an auction for people who are well off enough to make this type of purchase. You can maybe get your RS V6 Camaro by the end of 2009, but if you want an SS with the big engine this is the only way you'll do it.

-George Orwell
Old 07-29-2008, 04:17 PM   #59
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreySteele06 View Post
A: Thanks for your negative input. You must have mistaken this auction for a camaro forum, but this is an auction for people who are well off enough to make this type of purchase. You can maybe get your RS V6 Camaro by the end of 2009, but if you want an SS with the big engine this is the only way you'll do it. [/B]
LMAO. . .wow still trying to convince people that he's right and no one will get an SS.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:22 PM   #60
GreySteele06

Oh and it gets better.... LMFAO

Q: I like how your auction is mentioned here: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5572 but most dealers will be doing MSRP or less....so this is really a wate of time. Jul-29-08
A: Most dealers won't even have the opportunity to sell a camaro until late in 2009. Only the high volume dealers will get allocated the first ones, and then they will get the trim package that they're allocated (most likely an RS with the V6 because that's what GM is planning to make the most of). If you want the SS with the 6.2, you probably will not be able to get it unless you get very lucky and happen to be in the right place at the right time. This auction is for people who don't want to take that chance and would rather just pay 10K and secure their spot. I've worked on automation in auto-manufacturing plants for years, and know for sure that GM will not get the assembly line ramped up high enough to meet demand by the end of 2009. Nobody is forcing anyone to bid here, so why all the stir? People spend a million dollars on their kid's 16th birthday party, why not on a nice car. I'm not feeling the economic hard times and neither are a lot of other people I know. So bid away Camaro lovers! All the penny pinching camaro-drivin'-wannabes will envy you as you're driving your new camaro and their girlfriend/wife is drooling over it wishing she could go for a ride.

Seriously could this guy be more of a dick? Hes a Home Prospector/Flipper... Now a car Prospector/Flipper... now an all around dick taking shots at peoples wives? I think the inoperable brain tumor may just be KARMA!!

(yes that is mean... but i really dont believe he has a brain tumor)

-George Orwell
Old 07-29-2008, 04:42 PM   #61
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
This guy is obviously not telling the truth somewhere. Next thing you know he will claim he was an astronaut and so forth.. Gimme a break.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:52 PM   #62
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
I think Chevy did alright with the Malibu launch. I see no reason why the Camaro will be "so hard to get you'll have to wait until the end of 2009 to get a car". BS.

Chevy is also launching the new Aveo, and the Traverse.....both of which will be arriving soon. The Traverse promises more HP and more MPG than the GMC and Saturn versions of the SUV. We will have them. We will sell them.

I think the problem HERE is, this guy THOUGHT he put a deposit down on a CHALLENGER R/T years ago....He read his paperwork and seen it was actually the Camaro, and posted it up, not knowing anything about the car. But he's still thinking CHALLENGER. JMO.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:44 PM   #63
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Oh this is hilarious.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:25 PM   #64
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
could someone tell him that the plant is capable of producing 200k if the demand were to go that high? That is the combined sales of the cars that have been discontinued at the plant over the last couple years.

and that there is an estimated 25k sales of SS Camaros per year

and that several dealers have admitted that they will sell at or below factory MSRP

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
Old 07-29-2008, 08:24 PM   #65
Silverghost

Drives: Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed blaskoski
I've worked on automation in auto-manufacturing plants for years, and know for sure that GM will not get the assembly line ramped up high enough to meet demand by the end of 2009.
Funny, it looks like he works for 3M to me

Old 07-29-2008, 09:17 PM   #66
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverghost View Post
Funny, it looks like he works for 3M to me

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d2...ghost01/ed.jpg

pwned !

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
Old 07-29-2008, 09:32 PM   #67
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Ed has a clouded mind.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:11 PM   #68
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
This guy is obviously not telling the truth somewhere. Next thing you know he will claim he was an astronaut and so forth.. Gimme a break.

Actually, I think he will say he's a Secret-Agent-Astronaut-Millionaire next!
Old 07-29-2008, 10:21 PM   #69
Chocolate Apocalypse
Full Fledged Member

Drives: '00-Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Actually, I think he will say he's a Secret-Agent-Astronaut-Millionaire next!
Old 07-29-2008, 10:54 PM   #70
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
CORRECTION:
Attached Images

Old 07-29-2008, 11:56 PM   #71
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Old 07-30-2008, 12:30 AM   #72
AnEvilPenguin

Drives: 05 Impala SS 86 Trans Am
Not to shoot down camaro scotty, i am sure he knows more about selling cars than I do, however, I have been on ebay for years, 4000+ transactions, and ebay changed there rules on selling items like this, and they are no longer fuzzy, you MUST have the item in hand, with proof of the recept and water mark all of the pictures, they started these rules when the PS3/Wii came out to prevent scammers. with the way that it looks, one of two things will happen, 1. ebay will delete the auction. or 2. the auction will end, and the high bidder will just not pay. simple as that there is almost no chance that the seller will get any money which ever way it ends.

Ebay now blocks people from seeing the bidder's ID names, they started it about 2 months ago, only the seller can see all of the at the end of the auction

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGen View Post
I don't know if the bids are legitimate. Check out the bidders:
Bidder Bid Amount Bid Time
r***o( 0 ) US $4,185.07
Jul-28-08 05:32:57 PDT

4***4( 122Feedback score is 100 to 499) US $4,135.07
Jul-27-08 06:22:41 PDT

r***o( 0 ) US $4,100.00
Jul-27-08 07:14:49 PDT

r***o( 0 ) US $3,000.00
Jul-26-08 2059 PDT

o***o( 80Feedback score is 50 to 99) US $1,025.00
Jul-26-08 14:52:15 PDT

t***e( 160Feedback score is 100 to 499) US $1,000.00
Jul-24-08 11:31:42 PDT

r***o( 0 ) US $1,000.00
Jul-25-08 15:24:11 PDT

r***o( 0 ) US $900.00
Jul-25-08 12:45:48 PDT

r***o( 0 ) US $700.00
Jul-25-08 08:24:01 PDT

r***r( 75Feedback score is 50 to 99) US $200.00
Jul-24-08 19:28:54 PDT
it's called shill bidding and it can be done...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBee View Post
You can't bump Ebay bids, they have what is called automatic bidding...

Let's say the starting bid is $1.00
Jack bids $100.00 as a max bid (the bid will look like $1.50 or so)
and Bob bids $20.00
Ebay will then bid on behalf of Jack $20.50
Then say Bob bids again $50.00
Ebay will once again bid for Jack up to his $100.00 max bid

But, when you look at the bids, Ebay doesn't show the automatic bids, so it looks like Bob was bidding against himself...

Start- $1.00
Bob-$20.00
Bob-$50.00
And so on.

There's a button you can hit that'll show the automatic bids.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:57 AM   #73
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnEvilPenguin View Post
Not to shoot down camaro scotty, i am sure he knows more about selling cars than I do, however, I have been on ebay for years, 4000+ transactions, and ebay changed there rules on selling items like this, and they are no longer fuzzy, you MUST have the item in hand, with proof of the recept and water mark all of the pictures, they started these rules when the PS3/Wii came out to prevent scammers. with the way that it looks, one of two things will happen, 1. ebay will delete the auction. or 2. the auction will end, and the high bidder will just not pay. simple as that there is almost no chance that the seller will get any money which ever way it ends.

Ebay now blocks people from seeing the bidder's ID names, they started it about 2 months ago, only the seller can see all of the at the end of the auction

it's called shill bidding and it can be done...
You're not shooting me down. I have nothing to do with this auction, other than I think it's a joke, and it's totally deceptive.

I agree 100% - and yes, ebay SHOULD pull the auction. The item is not in hand and available for sale. This was my point from the beginning.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:04 AM   #74
blaSSt

Drives: 10 Synergy, & more
Penguin he is not selling a car. He is selling the contract with the rights to buy a car. He says he has the contract in hand. Technically, Ebay may not be able to pull the auction on that basis.

On the other hand sheeesh, what a shame.

........06 TB SS...............98 Camaro SS.........07 Cobalt SS......................09 ZR1
On the internet - Anything is possible, especially when you don't know what you are talking about.
COTW 10/4/10 SOLD
Old 07-30-2008, 09:27 AM   #75
AnEvilPenguin

Drives: 05 Impala SS 86 Trans Am
sorry if my comment came off like that, I know that he has nothing to do with the auction, I was just tring to put out my .02 cents of information, scotty just said that the rules were fuzy, so I just wanted to let him and everyone know that they have since made the rules alittle bit more strict

Closed Thread